• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ launches February 1 in Japan, adds Nappa and Captain Ginyu

Link.

Dragon Ball FighterZ will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in Japan on February 1, 2018 for 7,800 yen, the latest issue of V-Jump reveals.

New playable characters Nappa and Captain Ginyu are also revealed. Nappa can summon Saibamen and use the Meteor special attack “Kappa!” Captain Ginyu has a technique that summons The Ginyu Force, and can use the Meteor special attack “Body Change” to switch characters and HP with his opponent.

In Story Mode, an event occurs in which the Super Warriors fall one after the other. When Goku awakens, the spirit of the player will be linked to him. In this way, the story will develop by linking characters with the player’s spirit. In the Android Chapter, for example, the spirit of the player is linked with Android 18. And in the Enemy Warriors Chapter, the spirit of the player is linked with Frieza.

You can also deepen your bonds with characters. If your bonds are deep enough, you will be able to hear private conversations, such as Yamcha saying, “I want to get married!” or Vegeta saying, “Bulma has a nasty personality…”

In Story Mode, you will be able to freely choose whether to battle and build experience points, rescue allies, learn skills, and more while advancing on a map.

In North America and Europe, Dragon Ball FighterZ is due out in early 2018 and February 2018, respectively.

Acidote

Nappa is IN.

ATTENTION: NAPPA IS IN.

Who said he was never coming?
20maLzn.jpg

Neoxon

These two aren’t that surprising for those who’ve been following the game, but I’m sure their move sets will be interesting regardless.

Mediking

??? Wait.

Wait.

Vegeta saying... "Bulma has a nasty personality"?????

Yamcha is my favorite DBZ character and he wants to get married? Good for my boy!

Now add Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Videl.

They'll be cool mechanically I guess, but I can't imagine more boring characters to add. After these two and Yamcha and Tien, the next two NEED to be exciting characters.

Nappa got in over 17. I'm incredibly salty about that.

ginyu i could be okay with.... but nappa? Really disappointed honestly, even recoom in term of big buffed guy had way more interesting moves

i'm sure they will be cool to play, it's arcsys, but eh...

Tsunamo

Wonder if it'll release in Japan a week or two earlier than other regions.

Curious to see Nappa and Ginyus movesets considering how Arc System Works seems to do picks based on that and what interesting can be done with them.

Qvoth

interesting choices lmao
nappa can summon saibamen lol, his meteo ultimate is kapa! (after googling it's probably his mouth projectile)
ginyu's meteo ultimate attack body change can switch your hp with the opponent's wtf

Neoxon

ginyu i could be okay with.... but nappa? Really disappointed honestly, even recoom in term of big buffed guy had way more interesting moves

i'm sure they will be cool to play, it's arcsys, but eh...
We need more big-body characters, & 16 was the only one of those in the roster before Nappa.

delSai

Lol I just gotta ask... why do you like him so much?
It's not that i like him THAT much, just compared to the current roster where i really dont care about anyone to be honest. He also has this giant explosion move that i really like and he had this amazing quote in the german dub that me and some friends still bring up. Being a "Big character" also helps since i usually pick those in fighting games, which is why i was hoping for Broly too.

RedEther

Hopefully the ginyu force is a big part of Ginyu's moveset or something close to it.

If Nappa has some sort of command throws maybe he could be interesting but I'm not expecting much.

Pepin

New playable characters Nappa and Captain Ginyu are also revealed. Nappa can summon Saibamen and use the Meteor special attack “Kappa!” Captain Ginyu has a technique that summons The Ginyu Force, and can use the Meteor special attack “Body Change” to switch characters and HP with his opponent.

I love ArcSys and their ludicrous gimmicks so so so so much

I love ArcSys and their ludicrous gimmicks so so so so much

They should totally do a mini game like Faust's supers usually have on Guilty Gear, and give you a chance to throw out the frog to block the body change.

Also, I'm curious if it'll be permanent/until you choose to change back (so if he'll get Holstein shock), or just on a time limit.

Neoxon

I think the all eras thing meant all sagas of dragon ball Z.
We’ll probably still get a few characters from Super, given that we have a stage from DBS (from the Future Trunks arc) as well as numerous references to Super in the game already (including the story being set in the DBS era).

Espada

I think the all eras thing meant all sagas of dragon ball Z.

That's something a lot of us suspected for a while. The game IS called Dragon Ball FighterZ. I would not be surprised if things like Goku Black, Beerus, etc... are saved for Super Dragonball FighterZ. They had to get as many of the classic folks into this one.

Neoxon

That's something a lot of us suspected for a while. The game IS called Dragon Ball FighterZ. I would not be surprised if things like Goku Black, Beerus, etc... are saved for Super Dragonball FighterZ. They had to get as many of the classic folks into this one.
It's not called FighterZ for the reason you think (I.E. A focus on Z characters), but rather due to the idea of it being the definitive Dragon Ball game. It was originally a working title, but it sounded so good to ASW that they stuck with it. And as I said already, we have a ton of DBS material in the game already (a stage, the story's setting, GodTube, etc.).

I'd say Beerus has a really good chance to be in the main roster, but I'd guess that the likes of Goku Black and Hit will be DLC, or saved for the next version, like you said.

Espada

It's not called FighterZ for the reason you think (I.E. A focus on Z characters), but rather due to the idea of it being the definitive Dragon Ball game. It was originally a working title, but it sounded so good to ASW that they stuck with it. And as I said already, we have a ton of DBS material in the game already (a stage, the story's setting, GodTube, etc.).

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think they're going to put in Super characters prior to release. They're almost certainly DLC or being saved for a follow up to the game. Remember, this is ArcSys and Bandai-Namco we're talking about. They're nothing if not predictable when it comes to rolling out DLC content.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

but that's exactly why i talked about recoom...
Recoome's dope, but Nappa got more working for him. It's an obvious choice, especially since we didn't have a specific Saiyan saga representative prior to this, and they already designed a moveset for Nappa in Extreme Butoden. Besides that, Recoome gets to make an appearance with Ginyu, anyway.

Riposte

I foolishly thought this game would be more focused on Super when it was first announced. Don't know why I got that impression, but I do feel like it's a missed opportunity to make it feel like a fresh start for the new anime.

Top Bottom