• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ Switch absence isn't due to tech, open to port if fan interest

Eolz

French site Game Blog spoke with Dragon Ball FighterZ producer Tomoko Hiroki. Despite what some may say, the game not being on Switch isn't a matter of the system's technical specs or lack of power. Hiroki added that there hasn't been any trouble porting over Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

It isn't clear why Bandai Namco and developer Arc System Works skipped on Switch for Dragon Ball FighterZ. However, Hiroki did say that if fans show their interest, they could bring it over. Hiroki did caution that Dragon Ball FighterZ may not come to Switch the same time as other versions, but they're open to considering it.

From gameblog via Nintendoeverything

Time to tag Arcsys and Bandai Namco and show them there's some fan demand!

edit: also reminder that GGXrd runs on PS3 if some still have doubt it could run on Switch...

edit2 :
Good links to show support

Neoxon

I'd be down for a Switch port. Seeing as it's apparently 1080p/60fps on XB1 (& running on UE4), maybe the Switch could do DBFZ at 900p/60fps docked.

I bet if XV2 does well enough on Switch they'll get right on it.
The hugely positive reception for FighterZ might encourage them to port it as well.
I thought UE4 worked great on the Switch?
It does, thread title is kinda poorly written. It's saying that there is no tech hurdle for FighterZ in Switch.

Do Arc System Works have Switch devkits? I don't remember seeing them on the partners list. Maybe that's the issue?

I thought UE4 worked great on the Switch?

It does. They're admitting themselves that tech isn't the issue and the game could theoretically run on Switch, but something else is holding it back.

DatAhmedz

0s2oODO.gif

Cottiny

Banned
Do Arc System Works have Switch devkits? I don't remember seeing them on the partners list. Maybe that's the issue?

It does. They're admitting themselves that tech isn't the issue and the game could theoretically run on Switch, but something else is holding it back.

I dunno but since the presentation I'm sure that there are many more devs with a Switch dev kit.

Woffls

Huh, I just assumed it would be on Switch and never bothered to check. I was absolutely going to get it for Switch so I can take it to friends' places - in fact I still don't know what format to buy it on because everyone has different systems :(

Eolz

Okay wow I had no idea. Yeah, I've got nothing. Weird situation all around.

Arcsys is not a really big studio and have multiple games in dev.
On top of that, Bamco is the publisher.

So I guess that like they're saying, if a port is coming, it'd be a bit later.
I'm fine with that tbh.

me0wish

I'd buy the Switch version over the PC version even though I have a powerful pc. Just please don't release it in 2200.

Alienous

You can ask all you want, if Xenoverse 2 on Switch sells poorly DBFZ on Switch will be a hard pass, I'm sure.

At least any chances of an early port.

TP

Are they having a laugh?

Seriously like what's the point in skipping it in the first place then!?

Probably only enough time/money for the announced versions

If they see demand they might do it once the game is released

when they got time and money coming in from sales

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So...who's going to start the Twitter campaign? We just need a good DBFZ's screen photoshopped on a Switch and we can start rolling :p

sirap

At least they're not pulling a Capcpom by holding this game ransom.

"buy Xenoverse 2 if you want FighterZ!"

NSESN

Isn't Dragon Ball really popular with the japanese 3DS fanbase? I can see both Xenoversve and Fighterz doing well.

I'd be down for a Switch port. Seeing as it's apparently 1080p/60fps on XB1 (& running on UE4), maybe the Switch could do DBFZ at 900p/60fps docked.

If it isn't a technical reason then it's probably going to be 720p like XV2. Which is fine, I'd buy it.

You can ask all you want, if Xenoverse 2 on Switch sells poorly DBFZ on Switch will be a hard pass, I'm sure.

At least any chances of an early port.

I hope people buy XV2 then. I'm not cause meh but this new game I could def get into.

SalvaPot

Aww yiss, I've been resisting port begging for this game since announcement.

Honestly this should be a no-brainer, DB games sell great on portables and Switch shouldn't be an exception. I will expect it as a 6 months late release, tho.

At least they're not pulling a Capcpom by holding this game ransom.

"buy Xenoverse 2 if you want FighterZ!"
Yeah, that'd be kind of silly, especially since FighterZ looks so much better and is more relevant than Xenoverse 2. Nothing against it but FighterZ is what I'm looking to get. I guess if they never end up making it for the Switch, I'll just get it for the PS4 but, man, would it be nice to have it on my most convenient system

Top Bottom