• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ Switch absence isn't due to tech, open to port if fan interest

ggx2ac

Remember​ that fan demand got for us Project X Zone localised outside Japan.

The same can happen for demand of a port of DBFZ​ for Switch.

Eolz

What happened then? Political reasons? I mean here's "ONE Demand" from myself. Hopefully its valid and can still be redeemed. Lol

Nothing bad happened imo.
Just Bamco aiming for the west and asking for the main platforms first, and then Arcsys not having enough people to make a Switch port at the same time.

This. Bamco really looks at those.

BigEmil

They literally just said that tech isn't the limiting factor.
Yeah I misread, but still I'm not wrong though technically this seems more demanding than GG Xrd :p Especially the assets. In GG Xrd at high resolutions you can see PS3 limitations shown

Kebiinu

Banned
#DBZSwitch as a hashtag? Or is that too vague? We need something quick and easy to jump on so they know we're all tweeting for the same cause.

tolkir

Come on GAF.

tumblr_mkwvbt73JR1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Yeah I misread, but still I'm not wrong though technically this seems more demanding than GG Xrd :p Especially the assets. In GG Xrd at high resolutions you can see PS3 limitations shown
Sure but I don't think that really matters. Most would be fine with a lower resolution and visuals and, even then, a potential Switch version should hold up better than GG Xrd on the PS3 as it's a noticeably more powerful system

Well there's quite a decent amount of responses on their Twitter for a Switch port already so it's at least promising

Eolz

This doesn't. Most improvements seem to come from UE4 (GGXrd is UE3). It might actually help for the case for a Switch port considering the engine.

Hattori

Banned
Let's get it done Switch owners, I want more fighting games to play on that expensive fight stick I preordered 😬

Seriously though, I was going to get this game regardless but if Switch happens I'll double dip in an instant. Never been into fighting games other than Tekken but DBZF looks above and beyond anything else right now.

Nintendo DBZ fans, you know what to do. ;)

Perhaps, but the Switch has numerous advantages over the PS3 in terms of running UE3/4.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Do Arc System Works have Switch devkits? I don't remember seeing them on the partners list. Maybe that's the issue?

It does. They're admitting themselves that tech isn't the issue and the game could theoretically run on Switch, but something else is holding it back.

They announced that there will be a blazblue on switch back in the jan direct

tbm24

If the port was perfect, it'd be the easiest version of the game to take with you to friends and gatherings. I will gladly double dip on this.

ggx2ac

Give me #DBFZforSwitch or go to HFIL.

Can't think of anything more catchy.

Bandai Namco! Lend me your #DBFZforSwitch

*Picture of Goku doing a Spirit Bomb channeling with a Switch in the air*

I'm down for this. Hope there's some sort of Operation Rainfall to get this port to happen - I'm getting it no matter what, but a portable version would be killer.

Nanashrew

Banned
Bandai Namco also listened to the fans about Digimon and started localizing those again. So I do hope they also listen to us for DB FighterZ.

It's always funny how the goto reason for the Switch not getting certain ports is always tech reasons, then devs go out and say "Not really, it's for other reasons"

Kebiinu

Banned
This would be such a sexy ass game to show off, too. Would look great in handheld mode, too. And say what you will about the Switch sticks, but they're surprisingly intuitive for fighters.

I'm gonna go ahead and hashtag #DBFZonSwitch since it's right to the point.

Did it. :)

Eolz

That story was proven to be false.

The USF2 deciding future support? Yeah.
Even if MHXXS is not coming to the west, and there still is no other Capcom game announced for it.

But I think people are remembering "buy Darkstalkers HD if you want the next game".

jdstorm

Banned
I hope they dont bother with late ports unless it is a GotY version. Underpeforming late ports could quickly kill real 3rd party support on the Switch

Maximo

Probably seeing if the port if worth the money, would be interested in it on the Switch every Fighter needs to be on a handheld.

Top Bottom