• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Yamcha and Tenshinhan gameplay trailer

Elfstar

You know Bulma, you could have helped him instead of running off with Vegeta. Yes he's a prince but his only subjects are a bunch of idiots and Trunks. Plus, look at that receding hairline.

B-but he was sleeping aorund and stuff :(

silva1991

Yamcha >>>> Vegeta

facts

dbbumoN.png

Goku's hair is lookin DANK

patchday

Huh just like GG Xrd it looks like the SP story will have strong dialogue between the characters.

Where is this release date ASW?

WarRock

Tenshinhan has a 20s trailer where he shots kikoho like, three times and does a couple of punches. Damn it, Japan...

Unles that first beam was supposed to be a dodonpa?

At this point I want Bulma in a Capsule Corp mech. This game needs a mech character.
Pilaf gang in the 3 part mech would be dope.

FSLink

Banned
Tenshinhan has a 20s trailer where he shots kikoho like, three times and does a couple of punches. Damn it, Japan...

Unles that first beam was supposed to be a dodonpa?

Pilaf gang in the 3 part mech would be dope.

Pretty much what I noticed too. Just a bunch of Kikoho's and nothing else. Ughhhhh

Pretty sure it is. The scan said he has it.

Ah, okay. Maybe they haven't shown off some other stuff yet.

Is the handstand kicks something Yamcha did in the series? I only recognize it from Budokai.

I know they're pulling moves from the Butoden series, but Yamcha was never in those, so I'm wondering if they looked into Budokai for him.

NeonZ

Ah, okay. Maybe they haven't shown off some other stuff yet.

One of the images showed him using what looked like the kiai that blocked and reflected a Kamehameha too. There's also another shot with him using the knee drop that broke Yamcha's leg. They definitely could have avoided including the Kikoho twice in the video.

Also, the first beam is just an oddly big Dodonpa. Probably to make it more distinct from the Death Beam.

WarRock

One of the images showed him using what looked like the kiai that blocked and reflected a Kamehameha too. There's also another shot with him using the knee drop that broke Yamcha's leg. They definitely could have avoided including the Kikoho twice in the video.

Also, the first beam is just an oddly big Dodonpa. Probably to make it more distinct from the Death Beam.
And in turn make it similar to all other beams. Eh.

I really hope he has the beam reflect! That is missing from most of his apparitions and is a cool mechanic for a fighter.

Balfour

It is like they have the hair turned on from multiple angles at once

Or thought the wind should mess up his hair

Or someone simply messed up

LordKasual

Banned
dbbumoN.png

Goku's hair is lookin DANK

the consequence of Arcsys modeling his hair like actual hair

It actually looks like they started with his SSJ hair configuration and worked backwards for his base form. Instead of him magically growing tufts of hair when he transforms.

The older DBZ Artstyle didn't really have this issue, his hairstyle wasn't always so rigid during action and his SSJ form had his hair mostly flowing like water

but now that it's being translated literally, it looks foreign lol

the consequence of Arcsys modeling his hair like actual hair

It actually looks like they started with his SSJ hair configuration and worked backwards for his base form. Instead of him magically growing tufts of hair when he transforms.

The older DBZ Artstyle didn't really have this issue, his hairstyle wasn't always so rigid during action and his SSJ form had his hair mostly flowing like water

but now that it's being translated literally, it looks foreign lol

I like how flowy Vegeta's hair is in the saiyan saga, after that his hair become stiff

46990-goku_vs_vegeta_by_eggmanrules.jpg

Alienous

Goku's hair is near impossible to get right in a 3D environment. I went through this before but people didnt believe me and said the Hair looked amazing in this game.

Goku's hair has never seemed strange to me in the 3D Dragon Ball Z games I've played. In the most recent example, Xenoverse, his hair seemed like it could be viewed from any angle and still look like Goku's hair.

They've just modeled it badly on FighterZ.

BadWolf

That reveal sold me on Yamcha.

Not gonna lie, it's because he did Jackie Chan's hand stand kicks from Drunken Master.

CryptiK

Goku's hair has never seemed strange to me in the 3D Dragon Ball Z games I've played. In the most recent example, Xenoverse, his hair seemed like it could be viewed from any angle and still look like Goku's hair.

They've just modeled it badly on FighterZ.
Nope his hair looks very off from the side. Has way to much going on. Not a single 3D game has got it right and probably wont. Its the Mickey Mouse effect.

LordKasual

Banned

That's because they modeled the hand-drawn look literally, with the 3 giant mega claws and the massive black bald spot in the middle/ back.

It looks "like goku" but doesn't make any sense, because then he goes SSJ...

And he magically gets a totally different head of hair.

In DBZF, his hair stays consistent in both his base and SSJ forms. You can literally see his hair fall back into place from SSJ when he powers down.

2017-09-2310_47_13-drxwki8.png

But the result is that his base form has alot more hair than we're used to seeing.

So technically, this DBFZ model is the only time we've actually seen what his hair would consistently look like in a 3D environment

And it looks absolutely absurd...his hair always was absurd, but just in a way that we've become used to seeing lol.

You could say Yamcha looks fresh to death.

Wish they did more with the Tien trailer, it was a little sparse. Glad he calls out chiaotzu for the telekinesis assist though.

30 seconds isn't really enough to showcase a character. Tien got shafted because they wanted to show his supers but his level 3 is basically a stronger version of his level 1.

Yikes, Goku's hair can look really bad at some angles. Also it's hilarious how he just slides into screen.

Anyways, Yamcha and Tien look fun.

Top Bottom