• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Project Z Announcement Trailer

stickkidsam

dragon-ball-game-project-z-logo-1-1024x576.jpg

Game Announcement Trailer

Platforms: XB1, PS4, PC
Developer: Cyber Connect 2
Genre: Action RPG (with open world elements?)

Well slap my ass and call me a monkey! Seems like it's a great time for Dragon Ball.

Hopefully the combat will have some depth to it. My big worry with Cyber Connect games is usually that it's a lot of flash with little substance, but at the end of the day, they always at least make something fun. Here's wishing!!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Count me in, especially if it'll be fully fledged and really well made RPG like Ni no Kuni II for example, plus I love Dragon Ball.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

First job they have to do:

1) Remove bloom
I do dig some night bloomage but yeah we need to be able to SEE Goku when he powers up. He's already lit up like a solar flare lol

Posted this in the other thread but it’s disappointing there is not switch version.
It is a major bummer, though this might indicate the scale this game is going for... I hope.

I imagine it is gonna be a pretty intensive game graphically. No doubt with particle effects out the butt.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Posted this in the other thread but it’s disappointing there is not switch version.
If Dragon Quest XI is coming to Switch this year, then DB RPG for sure also be coming to Switch later and after release on other major platforms.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Damn, naruto and dbz get cc2 on their games. Visuals alone are better than anything the one piece games get. Wish World Seeker was either from cc2 or a fighter from ArcSys.

RPGCrazied

Very cool. Just starting to get into Dragon Ball. Watching the anime. Only in season 2. Probably won't get to Z for a long while. I hope it has a good story. Not really into the fighting genre though, glad its an action RPG!

Codes 208

Very cool. Just starting to get into Dragon Ball. Watching the anime. Only in season 2. Probably won't get to Z for a long while. I hope it has a good story. Not really into the fighting genre though, glad its an action RPG!
When you get to Z, watch Kai. It’s the FMA:B of dragon ball (meaning all filler is cut out and pacing is significantly improved) and the dub is significantly improved over the original Z (if you’re watching dub of course)

For comparison, (first is old, second is kai) as epic as Goku’s speech was during its original syndication when I was a kid, it’s super cringey now and makes no sense.

Last edited:

Yagami_Sama

This is the kind of game that I thought that would be 100% on Switch at the same time as other consoles. But looks like, Bandai Namco, will do like Z Fighters. Hope and dreams apart. For some reason, I associated this with the new One Piece game. But I hope is just my impression, and that the game plays completely different.

Top Bottom