• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

edit: lol. Frieza totally killed Krillin just by closing his fist. DBZ was so weird

he shot krillin with energy first, you could say it was a compressed blast released from the inside.

The small nuggets of energy have been used many times over the series, even rochi used it the other week to free vegeta, gohan used it too in his match before the tournament and that's just in super.

I disagree with this

I love the funi cast in Z, mostly in the building arc they're all really good

With super though it seems like they've lost a bit of their touch. I think Sean's goku in super is slightly too serious all the time, whereas nozawa does kind of varying degrees of seriousness, if that makes sense?

It also doesn't help that I've been exposed to all the new characters in Japanese, so I definitely prefer Hit, Champa, etc in the subs

Vados is actually pretty good dubbed though

Hit got a new English voice actor and hasn't said anything and won't until the next episode airs on Toonami.

If anything Nozawa is making Goku even more insufferable than usual for me because she overacts every little thing with her goofy Goku voice being on overdrive. Her voice combined with Super's characterization of Goku has just made it that much worse to watch the character in the sub.

At least, Sean can strike a balance between the two without coming off as obnoxious every time he speaks. I can only see it as a good thing that the dub is toning it down.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't really see Nozawa "overacting." The voice direction may be somewhat different from Z but her performance is perfectly fine.

I' m waaaaaay behind on the show (like 100 episodes behind) and want to start binge catching up over the next few months. How many episodes are planned at this point? I still haven't decided if I'm going to do the dub (I neither have le alone want cable and have no experience with Funimation's paid service) or the Japanese sub with Crunchyroll (which is what I was using before with the free w/ads version on the Wii U app), Trying to decide best route to take, based on what I'm reading in here it sounds like the dub has better voice variety this time with the dub being kind of grating. OTOH this is one time I feel like watching a full DB arc/series completely in Japanese for the first time. Wish I'd gotten into DBS sooner, feels like I'm missing out on a lot of fun discussion weekly, ha.

Fj0823

I' m waaaaaay behind on the show (like 100 episodes behind) and want to start binge catching up over the next few months. How many episodes are planned at this point? I still haven't decided if I'm going to do the dub (I neither have le alone want cable and have no experience with Funimation's paid service) or the Japanese sub with Crunchyroll (which is what I was using before with the free w/ads version on the Wii U app), Trying to decide best route to take, based on what I'm reading in here it sounds like the dub has better voice variety this time with the dub being kind of grating. OTOH this is one time I feel like watching a full DB arc/series completely in Japanese for the first time. Wish I'd gotten into DBS sooner, feels like I'm missing out on a lot of fun discussion weekly, ha.

How much do you think Toei rikes money?

Also watch the 2 latest movies and then jump to episode 28. The story in the first 27 eps is the same as the movies, but with awful padding and horrible animation..

The series picks up when the new content started at 28

Real Hero

just watch the japanese, it's pointless waiting and if you hate it you will eventually get used to it

Skeeter49

The dub is only 7 episodes in Super's first original arc.

It might be better to go with the sub. Especially if you want to be part of the conversation on here.
I like both the sub and the dub.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
There is actually precedent for it since that's precisely what Trunks did in his own timeline against fused Zamasu. He absorbed the power of the genkidama into his body, making himself way more powerful.

So what would be the outcome if someone with Goku's level of power were to do the same thing?
Yeah, I hope the form actually looks cool in action.

One of the best kills in all Dragon Ball.

SoGood.gif

Ho ho ho!

^^^^

Thanks for the suggestions on how to get started. Last episode I watched was #6 so I'm going to watch the first two movies and skip to ep 28 on the sub. Don't feel like waiting for Funimation to catch up and want to be current with the topic ASAP. I was confused about the episode "total" because at one point I read on Wikipedia that only about 100 sos were "planned," must have been an error.

Daingurse

just watch the japanese, it's pointless waiting and if you hate it you will eventually get used to it

This is true. I always preferred the English dub for DBZ, and never really liked the original cast. You get used to it. Having no other options at the time also helped lol.

HardRojo

LatAm got the 4th ending today, and unlike 2 and 3, it sounds ok...or maybe 2 and 3 were so awful my standards were lowered

https://youtu.be/UagCnDPuS4k

It's actually great until the fast paced lyrics...

We've had 2 kinda ok cover endings and 2 fucking aawful ones ):
Just watched today's episode. Fucking loved it! The Vegeta and Cabba episode is definitely among my top 5 for Super and holy shit did the Latam dub make it that much better! I might watch it again lol. And they're calling it Super Saiyajin Blue! There's hope! I was afraid they'd be going for something like Super Saiyajin Fase Azul, but nope, they went for the best option! Gah did I already say how much I loved this episode?

Skeeter49

^^^^

Thanks for the suggestions on how to get started. Last episode I watched was #6 so I'm going to watch the first two movies and skip to ep 28 on the sub. Don't feel like waiting for Funimation to catch up and want to be current with the topic ASAP. I was confused about the episode "total" because at one point I read on Wikipedia that only about 100 sos were "planned," must have been an error.
15 to 18 is original content as well.
It's slice of life, but it's fun.

Just watched today's episode. Fucking loved it! The Vegeta and Cabba episode is definitely among my top 5 for Super and holy shit did the Latam dub make it that much better! I might watch it again lol. And they're calling it Super Saiyajin Blue! There's hope! I was afraid they'd be going for something like Super Saiyajin Fase Azul, but nope, they went for the best option! Gah did I already say how much I loved this episode?
I honestly thought they would go with Azul.

HardRojo

Can't wait for the English dub to continue to characterize him as some sarcastic, hardass character.
I stopped watching the English dub after the Latam dub was confirmed, I might check out episode 37 to see how they treat Vegeta. They've been adding their own flavor to the dub, haven't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom