• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

J4g3r

I'm really hoping this game has closer to 30 characters.

With them throwing Nappa and Ginyu into the roster, me too.

Hopefully they start revealing more than 2 characters at once.

Kid Buu or Super Buu, Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks could easily be paired together in a reveal.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Xenoverse 2 adding Android 13 and Tapion. Also costumes from Universe 2 and 11 characters. This is all paid DLC.

Those three really need to be in. Maybe they're waiting for Jump Festa...

I would love a large number of characters to be revealed there.

If there only end up being 24 characters I hope these are the last 6.
1. Ultimate Gohan
2. Kid Buu
3. Gotenks
4. Beerus
5. Hit
6. Black

But I just know Broly and Bardock are going to be in, so hopefully the game has 26 or more. I'd love to see Vegetto and Roshi in.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

1. Ultimate Gohan
2. Kid Buu
3. Gotenks
4. Beerus
5. Hit
6. Black

But I just know Broly and Bardock are going to be in, so hopefully the game has 26 or more. I'd love to see Vegetto and Roshi in.
Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks are probably safe, if anything.

Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks are probably safe, if anything.

Buu has "Majinboo-z" and Gohan has "Gohan-y" as their urls on the site, the only others to have something like that are Goku-ss Vegeta-ss and then Goku-ssgss and Vegeta-ssgss, so Ultimate Gohan is definitely in and we're probably getting another Buu. Beerus is almost definitely in, he's become a staple since his introduction.

J4g3r

So Xenoverse 2 is getting Pride Trooper and Kamikaze Fireball costumes?

That's...

Pretty awesome.

Nice to see Tapion getting some love too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Buu has "Majinboo-z" and Gohan has "Gohan-y" as their urls on the site, the only others to have something like that are Goku-ss Vegeta-ss and then Goku-ssgss and Vegeta-ssgss, so Ultimate Gohan is definitely in and we're probably getting another Buu. Beerus is almost definitely in, he's become a staple since his introduction.
Ah, well there it is then. Just a matter of time.

Something something Dende fixed them something something

Exactly..."they can grant 3 wishes now, cause Dende was God for some time now...and the rules have been changed a bit...and...and...and..."

How long has Kami been God? I guess a whole lot longer than Dende...but I guess he wasnt "full"-God, cause of Piccolo...

Alecs27

Neo Member
I'm happy with both honestly, they would have made the roster anyway. Kinda sad Dabura wasn't announced with them, I just can't see him announced anymore :(

Super's special had higher DVR ratings than OP special, also the most recent episode had a 4.2 for live ratings, higher than the special, so Super's ratings might be recovering from Sentai and Kamen Rider airing at the same time already.

IHaveIce

Banned
DVR ratings lmao who cares about stuff like this? I mean the double episode was good no question, especially compared to the One Piece one where one episode was all flashbacks.

In general I'm surprised Dragonball is not hitting the roof of ratings, many in Japan already read the One Piece stuff as a manga, while DBS is all new with each episode.

About Nappa and Ginyu, I'm happy about them being in, more classic characters are good, would not be surprised if only 2 Super characters will be in.

Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks is a must. Same for Beerus.

Also, while 110 was enjoyable, this overall arc is bottom 3 of dragonball. Just bad pacing and a lot of bad episodes. Jiren turned the whole thing into a joke.

The royale format was a terrible idea.

Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks is a must. Same for Beerus.

Also, while 110 was enjoyable, this overall arc is bottom 3 of dragonball. Just bad pacing and a lot of bad episodes. Jiren turned the whole thing into a joke.

The royale format was a terrible idea.
Bad pacing in DragonBall? You don’t say...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Super has many faults but bad pacing is not one of them.

Also lol at Nappa and Ginyu. What a waste of space indeed.

Super has many faults but bad pacing is not one of them.

Also lol at Nappa and Ginyu. What a waste of space indeed.

I'm enjoying this arc, but I definitely think the pacing in the TOP is pretty bad and I think a big part of that is that very few of the episodes connect with each other in any real way.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm enjoying this arc, but I definitely think the pacing in the TOP is pretty bad and I think a big part of that is that very few of the episodes connect with each other in any real way.
Well, that's the thing, I think Hit vs Jiren should've been two episodes at least so that's the reason #111 was extremely unsatisfying for me. This wouldn't have been the case in DBZ. Also, I do agree that Super is lacking flow and it goes from highs to lows and vice versa very fast.

ash_ag

1. Ultimate Gohan
2. Kid Buu
3. Gotenks
4. Beerus
5. Hit
6. Black

It would be kind of a shame if there was absolutely no rep for the original Dragon Ball. I know that Dragon Ball Super is all the rage now, but at least for the base roster of the first game, I wouldn't mind if the roster is limited to material from the entirety of the manga and the two Toriyama movies. Hit and Black are great characters, but I would prefer Kid Goku and King Piccolo if there have to be just 24 characters.

It would be kind of a shame if there was absolutely no rep for the original Dragon Ball. I know that Dragon Ball Super is all the rage now, but at least for the base roster of the first game, I wouldn't mind if the roster is limited to material from the entirety of the manga and the two Toriyama movies. Hit and Black are great characters, but I would prefer Kid Goku and King Piccolo if there have to be just 24 characters.

Krillin, Yamcha and Tien kinda rep DB, Tien even has the Volley Ball fist.
I would love King Piccolo and Kid Goku though, but not over Black and Hit.
I'm really hoping for about 30 characters because that would leave room for a bit of DB and even GT, so like Kid Goku, King Piccolo, Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta.

1. Ultimate Gohan
2. Kid Buu
3. Gotenks
4. Beerus
5. Hit
6. Black

i'd rather see merged zamasu than black tbh

yeah i don't think M. Zamasu has a big chance to make it in, but I can dream.

i at least hope Black will get a Zamasu assist

That's what I hope for, they could even make it so one of his special moves is that big ball they were charging together that Vegeta destroyed in episode 57.

Skii

Reading the last few pages... I forgot how bad the Trunks arc was lol. I remember I almost quit because of its almost GT level execution. The TOP arc isn't amazing but it's had a lot more highs for me already and we're only past half way probably.

Also, who actually wants Ginyu and Nappa??? It's such a waste of time developing characters like that. I'd much rather time being spent on Super characters like Vados/Champa/Hit/Black/Zamasu. Maybe they are just future DLC and they already know that.

Slaythe where you at now huh? All that crying ya boy is in by association at least I didn’t goten,trunks or freaking gotenks..GOTENKS! That boys moveset is a walking talking video game moveset

Nah gotenks in muahahahaha I just wanna mess with ya slaythe

Is what I should be saying

My thing with Ginyu is I've never felt he's had a good moveset.

Same for Nappa, but I'm sure they can make it work.

Skeeter can I just say that I feel like Vegeta in that scene in the cell saga where Goku is like "I'm far stronger than you"

You always manage to get the highest post count!

Why won't you leave me alone!

1. Ultimate Gohan
2. Kid Buu
3. Gotenks
4. Beerus
5. Hit
6. Black

Please.

But if we do need Broly and Bardock please drop Gohan 2 and Buu 2.

Skeeter49

Skeeter can I just say that I feel like Vegeta in that scene in the cell saga where Goku is like "I'm far stronger than you"

You always manage to get the highest post count!

Why won't you leave me alone!
Can't allow Zeno to be at the top.

We're U6 bound, I'm at my strongest right now.

The next volume of the Super manga comes out in Japan on the second, it includes a new Toriyama and Toyotaro joint interview, we might get a tease at the next arc just like the last time they did one of those.

They've got a big promo art for FighterZ in V-Jump with a bunch of playable characters and 17 on it.

Top Bottom