• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Will Ribrainne make it through the special without getting Jiren'd?

Will Geets curse his own existence for a minimum of 5 minutes upon seeing Gok transform?

Do 17 and 18 even exist anymore?

Find out on the next episode.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT......

Joaquín López-Dóriga is on the radio on today's Super episode.

FalseChiefAmericanwirehair-size_restricted.gif

The dub is fucking killing it.

Fj0823

HOLY FUCKING SHIT......

Who? This Costa Rican peasant is not familiar with him

Edit: Oh wait that reporter guy! Yeah I know him. Holy shit that's some neat detail

Who? This Costa Rican peasant is not familiar with him

Edit: Oh wait that reporter guy! Yeah I know him. Holy shit that's some neat detail

It was unreal. Even my brother came from the other room when he heard him and was also amazed.

Fuck I can't wait for episode 47.

AdanVC

That awkward moment when fans draw better than the official artists working for DBS. This is amazing!!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT......

WAAAAAAAAAAT!!!?? OMG I got to see it right now!

Edit: Wait! But what if it's just Ricardo Hill (Kaiosama's voice) doing a parody voice of Lopez Doriga. If I remember correctly he used to be Lopez Doriga's double in those Parody tv shows back on the day. But either way this is such a neat detail and another reason why the Latin America dub is GOAT!

Kyzon

I'm still waiting on some nice Namekian action.

Are we actually expecting piccolo to do anything other than lose limbs at this point?

Character Interactions with cool designs with fun fights is what Dragon Ball excels at.

Knock AT all you want for flimsy plot lines and plot holes that you could drive a truck through but his characters are fun to watch. Dragon Ball is simply at its best when it's not taking itself seriously and mocking popular tropes of the genre including itself.

Good points. Maybe thats it.

HeroR

To market this show to kids as well, unfortunately (For us as older fans of DBZ, at least. Toei gets to make more money & kids get a pretty neat show they can watch, too).

Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z were also kid shows. There is no to little blood in Super because censorship laws in Japan changed since the 80s and 90s.

HeroR

One Piece airs immediately after it though.

A lot of One Piece is grandfathered since it has been on the air since 97 and even then, it's tone down to what it was just a couple years ago.

Granted, Super being almost bloodless is extreme and it seems Toei did it so Super would be accepted to an international audience.

Ravek

Banned
I've been lurking these series of threads for a while so I figured I might as well start finally posting in them.

So....hi!

CazTGG

Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z were also kid shows. There is no to little blood in Super because censorship laws in Japan changed since the 80s and 90s.

Pretty sure it also happens to be the time Super airs since, while we see episodes at around 6 P.M. PST, the show airs on Sunday morning at 9 A.M. in Japanand thus Toei toned back on the blood.

That and it's easier for the animators to draw without worrying about details like bloody wounds.

HeroR

Pretty sure it also happens to be the time Super airs since, while we see episodes at around 6 P.M. PST, the show airs on Sunday morning at 9 A.M. in Japanand thus Toei toned back on the blood.

That and it's easier for the animators to draw without worrying about details like bloody wounds.

It doesn't take that much to animated blood, especially since they bother with sweat.

Daingurse

Wow, this is really great. I need to get a Goku like this.

It's the most iconic moment of the series.
I need a Goku figure, period lol. Really starting to become the gaping hole my collection. That one Arched bought looks nice.

The FighterZ Goku will be my first at this rate . . .

Ravek

Banned
Hi! Top 5 favorite characters and why?

5. Whis - He looks like he doesn't belong in DBS and that's a good thing...sort of the point. He's very abstract in a show with sometimes very static characters. Everytime he's on screen he has my utmost attention.

4. Hit - What's not to love?

3. Goku - Beside Mega Man, growing up, this dude was my hero. Yeah, he's an idiot and selfish, but he's our hero. The reason we're all here.

2. Vegeta - No one else tries harder than Vegeta.

1. Gohan - I literally can't explain why he's the GOAT. Yeah, DBS keeps doing him dirty and bringing him back up for awesomenews and we need some sort of consistentisty. But I believe his time is coming soon.

Guilty Pleasure - Caulifla. I don't understand it myself.

M.D

Anyway finds it weird the way Jiren treats Toppo? I dunno how I'd define it, but it doesn't seem like they are 'sworn friends 'like Toppo put it and it doesn't seem like Jiren respects Toppo as his leader or his friend

He seems like he's ordering him around most of the time instead of the other way around 'Move. I'll go.' (when they fought Maji Kayo and Toppo was about to help Dyspo), or when he decides to take out Kale on his own.

Then Dyspo was like 'Jiren, Sorry' when Maji Kayo let him go, like he's the actual boss, and Maji Kayo actually refers to him as the boss 'Here comes the boss at last'

Plus, at the same time, The Supreme Kai of Universe 3 says 'Now, Maji Kayo san, reveal Jiren's mystery!'

There's definitely something going on with Jiren's power and his eyes, dunno what it is, maybe some of the theories with Belmod are correct?

Anyway finds it weird the way Jiren treats Toppo? I dunno how I'd define it, but it doesn't seem like they are 'sworn friends 'like Toppo put it and it doesn't seem like Jiren respects Toppo as his leader or his friend

He seems like he's ordering him around most of the time instead of the other way around 'Move. I'll go.' (when they fought Maji Kayo and Toppo was about to help Dyspo), or when he decides to take out Kale on his own.

Then Dyspo was like 'Jiren, Sorry' when Maji Kayo let him go, like he's the actual boss, and Maji Kayo actually refers to him as the boss 'Here comes the boss at last'

Plus, at the same time, The Supreme Kai of Universe 3 says 'Now, Maji Kayo san, reveal Jiren's mystery!'

There's definitely something going on with Jiren's power and his eyes, dunno what it is, maybe some of the theories with Belmod are correct?

Maybe he's just stressed.

Top Bottom