• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Isn't future Beerus dead because Zamasu killed Shin?

Whis says he will travel back to before Future Beerus death to warn him about Zamasu.

Both Goku and Vegeta say that it's pointless since Beerus can't kill an immortal being.

Whis laughs it off and tells them he will seal him up with something better than the jar they used.

The dialogue is pretty clear and correlates with the manga.

Beerus can't kill Future Zamasu.

Sure but I wonder when they'd actually come to that conclusion.

Fusing was always part of their plans end goal.

I'm starting to see that people need to rewatch the Black arc lol.

Watch episode 67 again.

They wouldn't need to seal him up if Beerus could kill him.

Beerus and Whis refused to go to the future, which is why goku and co settled on the mafuba. Whis changed his mind later, but Beerus never did.

All that happens in that episode is whis says is that he has something way better than the mafuba for sealing Zamasu away with no detail given at all. Beerus never interacts with Zamasu in any way other than erasing present Zamasu, and beerus still doesn't time travel.

I don't think you can conclude that hakai doesn't work on immortals from that. (Because it's obviously still possible to kill immortals, another word without its proper meaning in Dragonball, yay)

Edit: the words whis uses in the daisuki sub are along the lines of

Whis:"I will go to the future and ask Beerus to take care of Zamasu"

Only goku doubts if they (beerus) can even kill an immortal Zamasu, and it's then followed up with vegeta saying "even if you can..." Before whis mentions the vague sealing capability he says is way better than mafuba. For all we know, he could have meant hakai.

Beerus and Whis refused to go to the future, which is why goku and co settled on the mafuba. Whis changed his mind later, but Beerus never did.

All that happens in that episode is whis says is that he has something way better than the mafuba for sealing Zamasu away with no detail given at all. Beerus never interacts with Zamasu in any way other than erasing present Zamasu, and beerus still doesn't time travel.

I don't think you can conclude that hakai doesn't work on immortals from that. (Because it's obviously still possible to kill immortals, another word without its proper meaning in Dragonball, yay)

Future Beerus will be there.

Future Beerus will be there.

And, as in my edit I just put in above, whis explicitly says his plan was to go ask future beerus to deal with Zamasu.

Whis:"I will go to the future and ask Beerus to take care of Zamasu"

That's Verbatim from the sub on daisuki. Goku asks if they can even kill a immortal Zamasu, which whis laughs off because as usual, goku is wrong.

The next sentence after goku being daft is Vegeta: "even if beerus does destroy future zamasu..." So the idea that beerus can do it is still there, vegeta and goku just don't know either way.

There was no future beerus in the time that goku and co actually fought Zamasu, which was the point I was reiterating there.

Fusing was always part of their plans end goal.

I'm starting to see that people need to rewatch the Black arc lol.

I didn't say otherwise.

But in the scenario that Jiren encounters them at a planet where they are killing people, I can see Jiren taking taking out Black before they decide or even have a chance to fuse. It wasn't until they finally realized they had no other options until they decided to fuse, and I wonder if they'd realize that in time.

Jiren also probably knows about fusion earnings considering his close connection with the gods. I don't think he would sit there and let them do it, especially if he knew by that point that Zamasu was immortal. He'd be fast enough to stop them.

Things could go a lot of different ways though. At the very most I'm saying it is plausible that Jiren could win.

Said he could kill Frieza, but was intimidated by/worried about Dabura. That's Frieza Saga level to me.
Wrong.

Shin was stronger than Piccolo in the Buu arc.

I didn't say otherwise.

But in the scenario that Jiren encounters them at a planet where they are killing people, I can see Jiren taking taking out Black before they decide or even have a chance to fuse. It wasn't until they finally realized they had no other options until they decided to fuse, and I wonder if they'd realize that in time.

Jiren also probably knows about fusion earnings considering his close connection with the gods. I don't think he would sit there and let them do it, especially if he knew by that point that Zamasu was immortal. He'd be fast enough to stop them.

Things could go a lot of different ways though. At the very most I'm saying it is plausible that Jiren could win.

I still think he can't beat Zamasu and he will eventually get tired and killed.

I still think he can't beat Zamasu and he will eventually get tired and killed.

With all the different ways this could go, and the possible ways Black and Zamasu could succeed, this is not even a plausible path. Jiren wouldn't be stupid enough to keep pounding on Zamasu until he gets tired. Even if Zamasu didn't tell him he was immortal, I'm sure Jiren would figure that out and fallback. (Unless he really is a caveman.)

And with their power difference, it would take a LOT for Jiren to get tired out.

Yeah, slightly stronger than a regular Super Saiyan with a bit of training before everyone headed into the RoSaT.

Pretty much, and it concerned Shin. So that's somehwere between Goku and Frieza on Namek to Goku or Gohan during the Cell Games.

Piccolo trained in the chamber and even held his own against a Cell Jr.

Saying that's Freeza saga level is just wrong, sorry.

brinstar

Shin didn't just say he could kill Freeza, he said he could kill him in a single blow, so he's much stronger than what was going on on Namek.

Tsunamo

Oh my god those preview shots. It's finally happening GAF, after 2 long weeks we're going to get the hypest Dragon Ball Super episode/s ever!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wish we saw Shin fight more. He was hyped up kind of a lot. Was the first Kai level being we saw too. Kais are still super important, but Shin is always made out to be a goob these days.

Vice

Shin didn't just say he could kill Freeza, he said he could kill him in a single blow, so he's much stronger than what was going on on Namek.

The same thing Trunks did to a stronger Frieza and his father, and he was about equal to a Goku at the time.

Tsunamo

I wish we saw Shin fight more. He was hyped up kind of a lot. Was the first Kai level being we saw too. Kais are still super important, but Shin is always made out to be a goob these days.
Would've been interesting to see him fight instead of Kibito in the manga.

Ashodin

Oh my god those preview shots. It's finally happening GAF, after 2 long weeks we're going to get the hypest Dragon Ball Super episode/s ever!
It's pretty hype but episode 90 is better.

It'll be a long time before we beat that standard

tenor.gif

longdi

Banned
Tomorrow is the double episode, can't wait to see jiren getting out of his no-personality.

Anyone else coming to terms that goku has become the trolling mcd eyes eeichichichi?

I was expecting goku to return to his superman status as seen in the freeza/cell saga.

But i guess toriyama still don't give a shit. He probably lets the secondary chars like trunks/vegeta/freeza play the heroes in Super.

KHlover

Banned
Yeah but do you think Trunks from that arc could make Buu arc Piccolo shit himself?
I don't think it's Shin's power that made Piccolo shit himself, it's the fact that the Kaioshin is standing in front of him. Kaioshin quite literally has that exact same thought right after Piccolo forfeits. "He seems to realize who I am. No wonder, he used to be the god of this planet"

Tsunamo

It's pretty hype but episode 90 is better.

It'll be a long time before we beat that standard
Yeah episode 90 and Goku meeting Freeza again was a high bar to set. Still though it'll no doubt be great.
calling it now, we'll see this new form in the last 10 seconds of the entire 1 hour special, thats it.
I'd totally be fine with that honestly, even though i'd prefer they show more of it.

Slaythe

I have been busy lately and I have a tight schedule so yeah I'm not catching it live.

I'll wake up with the fresh HD subs.

Prediction: Throughout the special we'll see the proto version of the new form. The new form will be unfinished and Goku will be trying to trigger it's full potential. It'll end when he actually does.

Yeah, slightly stronger than a regular Super Saiyan with a bit of training before everyone headed into the RoSaT.

Pretty much, and it concerned Shin. So that's somehwere between Goku and Frieza on Namek to Goku or Gohan during the Cell Games.
I took it to mean that he was somewhere between Super Vegeta and Goku Super Saiyan Full Power, which was still far below Cell's level, but either could have obliterated Namek Freeza.

Yeah but do you think Trunks from that arc could make Buu arc Piccolo shit himself?
Piccolo wasn't scared of Shin's power. He recognized that he was an important god. No one else could sense him, so I guess Piccolo sensed God Ki and it made him shit his pants because of that.

Skii

I think this new form is a precursor to future transformations. I doubt this is the form that truly has the mastery over body that even Beerus struggles to do. It's probably like half way there or something.

The thing about Geets saving Cabba, the other universes should cut a deal to work together after seeing the continuing collusion of U6/7. Kale vs Goku was simply an act, Goku took no damage after that rampage, don't be fooled, it's a conspiracy.

Preview shots for tonight.

H Y P E

There goes some peoples' predictions of
the form coming out at the end of the special.

OH.. MY.. GOD...

edit: I'm so damn excited about the direction Dragon Ball Super is headed in. Said it before, but I'm enjoying the focus on the use and/or mastery of special skills and techniques. To explain all the more ultra powerful characters, such as God of Destructions, Angels, Zeno, and whatever the heck Zeno's bodyguards appear to be, the writers have seemed to focus not just on the tried and true method of making one character stronger than the next by simply having a crap ton more ki, but via other kinds of techniques or special mastery.

Top Bottom