• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

While I appreciate the team work and 17 getting the spotlight in the episode everything else about it was corny as fuck it just reminded me of why I rank súper lower than DB and DBZ.

Next episode looks really good tho so I'm looking forward to that one

Kimawolf

I thought it was super hype! I loved the giant monster guy. I do wonder now though what the end game will be becuase no way there isnt some weird twist coming.

celsowmbr

Banned
Vegeta vs Jiren seems to be a Vegeta vs Cell battle homage

maxresdefault.jpg

final_flash_10.png

While I appreciate the team work and 17 getting the spotlight in the episode everything else about it was corny as fuck it just reminded me of why I rank súper lower than DB and DBZ.

Next episode looks really good tho so I'm looking forward to that one

17 love shows more that his ideas for GT were bad, and slowly leaking into Super

LordOfChaos

I think much like that fight, the oh shit look on Jirens face is Vegeta not holding anything back. Like there is a no killing rule.... but its down to the final 3.

Oh well. Three more days to see if Vegeta is actually pressuring Jiren or if it turned out like when he "fought" Beerus.

I feel pretty sure based on, well, everything in DB ever, that the one clean hit from the FF will be Vegetas peak against Jiren followed by a swift downfall after. Haven't looked at spoilers, please don't comment yay or nay anyways.

My only question is if he stays in the tournament after Jiren gives him a beating and helps out with the final match, or if it's purely the Goku show.

randome

Hey guys, I just finished watching dbz kai. I haven’t watched any movies. What do I watch next series and movies wise? It’s been difficult for me to figure out via google lol. Thanks!

LordOfChaos

Hey guys, I just finished watching dbz kai. I haven’t watched any movies. What do I watch next series and movies wise? It’s been difficult for me to figure out via google lol. Thanks!

Watch the movies Ressurection F and Battle of Gods, and then hop on board the DBS train from right after that arc ended.

Start with episode 27 if you want to skip the two movie arc retreads.

Dunki

Watch the movies Ressurection F and Battle of Gods, and then hop on board the DBS train from right after that arc ended.

Start with episode 27 if you want to skip the two movie arc retreads.

Even though I enjoyed the first arc of Super because it felt like good old dragonball. To catch up to the real good stuff it is probably better to watch these movies and skip the Super Arc.

pramod

Banned
Anyone starting to feel that the Zenos are just trolling everyone? I doubt they have permanently erased the universes, probably just banished them to some other dimension.

They wanted to see the ultimate battle royale, what better way to make everyone fight all out than to tell them their existence depends on it?

Once the tournament is over they will just restore everything. Problem is how do they convince everyone to ever fight for them again, lol.

LordOfChaos

I think the first half and bits of the second could have served to not clip around so much, every time something interesting would happen it would clip to another character, imo it could have went from good to very good if it focused on the Vegeta/Goku/Jiren fight and left others for another episode. But solid episode those bits aside, redeemed by Vegeta being a BAMF of course.

Also aww yeah, the NEP, *exactly* what I was wanting, an independent path for Vegeta to higher strength without the UI route.

Atrus

Gold Member
So did Goku attempt to go SSJ Blue 2?

I think so, in that bit when he powered up in front of Jiren until it exploded in black smoke it looked like he went to an ascended form of Blue. Jiren was handily trouncing Kaioken Blue previously and here Goku is easily blocking Jiren's regular punches.

Vegeta looks to go even higher than that in the next episode into what is likely SSJ Blue 2.

Kibakahn

I think so, in that bit when he powered up in front of Jiren until it exploded in black smoke it looked like he went to an ascended form of Blue. Jiren was handily trouncing Kaioken Blue previously and here Goku is easily blocking Jiren's regular punches.

Vegeta looks to go even higher than that in the next episode into what is likely SSJ Blue 2.

Yes it looks like Vegeta goes to "Ascended Godform" or something or other. I hope they let Android 17 really cut loose as well. His fights against the magical girl universe and robot universe felt like he was really pulling his punches. Heck He went toe to toe with Goku in ssb form when they met.

Also Freiza definitely is just playing coy, no way he was so easily trounced.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ball's still in Jiren's court if everyone wants the Z fighters to "push past their limits" when they've already divulged so much energy compared to team justice.

Baleoce

Never even dawned on me they might do Blue 2. Would be kind of sick for Geets to get a Gohanesque moment. Not expecting it, but it'd be cool. It should definitely be a big deal.

I suspect Jiren knows about something "beyond" strength. As he said " So you dont know". This is open to interpretation, but I prefer to think it alludes to the wish.

LordOfChaos

Never even dawned on me they might do Blue 2. Would be kind of sick for Geets to get a Gohanesque moment. Not expecting it, but it'd be cool. It should definitely be a big deal.
Toriyama said no extra froms of SSB, but like Goku did KK x SSB, Geets could do an "ascended" SSB like he did for SS, which is an extension on the form rather than a new form.

I like that he's getting an independent path to power without UI.

Krixeus

This gave me a good chuckle. It's so true. What do you seek Goku? He's just like "yeaaaah, I wanna get stronger. I wanna be the strongerestest there ever was".

That's always been his motivation for anything, it wasn't as obvious in Z when the fate of the world/universe was at stake. I mean, that's still at stake now, but Goku just makes it more blatantly obvious that he cares about getting stronger first before protecting his friends/family.

Rising_Hei

I don't think those word of Goku as anything foolish, at all.

I mean, you could see the reason Jiren might have as being taking himself too serious, rationalization and overjustifing that he simply wants to get stronger. "I seek that which lies beneath true strength" (or something like that)<- It can be seen as blabbering, Goku simply sees through it with simplicity (while still being right)

He might have 9304930490349 reasons but that's what motivates him

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

It seems clear to me Jiren is training up Goku and Vegeta. He keeps sparing them and only pushing them far enough to reach a new form after. Notice also how Hit featured prominently in the outro out of nowhere, and unlike the Saiyans he just improves his methods by himself rather than having an NDE as a trigger, so Jiren could have just outed him because he recognized he didn't need the triggers to advance like the Saiyans.

And he only started whooping Vegeta after Geets pointed out he was faster against Goku, and recognized he had to hit the pride button. Interesting times ahead if this is true and Jiren wants mortals rather than gods to rule...What lies beyond power, pierce the veil, ascend beyond even gods reach...

Damn it, I already like this plot so much it's going to be a let down when it's a lot more simple lol

ajim

Of course goku just wants to get stronger, he's a saiyan, it's in his blood. It's always been that way and he always wanted to fight strong guys just to test himself. No real surprises here I guess.

But interested to see where jiren wants to go and what his plans are. I think his motivations have to be something special to have a character this powerful.

tkscz

Of course goku just wants to get stronger, he's a saiyan, it's in his blood. It's always been that way and he always wanted to fight strong guys just to test himself. No real surprises here I guess.

But interested to see where jiren wants to go and what his plans are. I think his motivations have to be something special to have a character this powerful.

Which use to have a better balance with the "super hero moral" side of his personality. In dragon ball it just depend on if there was a villain, so it made sense. In DBZ there was always just a villain, so he seemed like a super moral type of guy. The safety of others meant more than his urge to just get stronger. In Super it's been flipped to the other end. No matter what the situation, Goku always seems to mention he's fighting for the sake of fighting.

Krixeus

Which use to have a better balance with the "super hero moral" side of his personality. In dragon ball it just depend on if there was a villain, so it made sense. In DBZ there was always just a villain, so he seemed like a super moral type of guy. The safety of others meant more than his urge to just get stronger. In Super it's been flipped to the other end. No matter what the situation, Goku always seems to mention he's fighting for the sake of fighting.

Right, its like the weight of the entire universe isn't even in the back of his mind when he's fighting. When he fought Freeza, Cell, or Buu it was clear that he was fighting to defend the people he cares for, and getting stronger through obtaining a new form was a means towards that goal. Now it just seems like he'll use any excuse to fight and get stronger, even if it meant putting the entire universe at risk.

Top Bottom