• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

On one hand I can't see them doing this as they've already done this before and is basically retreading old ground which they kinda re-treaded with Kale.

On the other hand I can totally see them doing this simply to make Broly canon to the regular timeline and build on this character that can bullshit his way in keeping up with Goku and Vegeta rather than create an original Saiyan or other character.

Basoes

SS of Broly design

DiL2gMtW0AEaWzo.png

DiL0aGPXkAAbQXG.png

DiL4z0TWkAE2gwR.png

Last edited:

Crownjo

Super Dragon Ball Heroes will be playable at the San Diego Comic-Con for the Dragon Ball World Tour. Yes it's in English and so are the cards. This is the first time the game will be out of Japan. Keep in mind it's a demo and the North American release is undecided.

https://www.db-tour.com/brands/sdbh.php

Last edited:

Crownjo

Another mobile Dragonball game? So we now have dokkan, legends and heroes?^^

No it's a arcade card game that is in Japan only and it has been around for 7 years.

This is the first time the game will be playable in North America and the game is in English but with Japanese voices.

LordOfChaos

Umm so Broly was so fricking good, start to finish. By far the best animation the series has ever had, the backstory and characters were all good as well.

Regroup, DBGaf.

Codes 208

Umm so Broly was so fricking good, start to finish. By far the best animation the series has ever had, the backstory and characters were all good as well.

Regroup, DBGaf.
It’s one of those movies where I can’t point out my favorite part because there’s just so many good parts. And it’s like, shit, they actually made a GOOD Broly movie

Codes 208

I still have to watch. Are there any news on the regular anime? Will it continue?
There was a report earlier today, but hardly an hour later TOEI debunked it. But it’s possible (likely imo) that it will. They won’t just leave money on the table seeing how popular the last arc of DBS and the broly movie were.

Plus the manga is continuing at the very least. Right now they’re currently dealing with a godly goat creature named Moro.

Codes 208

im reeeeeally tempted to see it again, but I’m waiting for the blu-ray release. Hopefully in 4K for that sharp, sexy animation

Last edited:

Codes 208

Yeah, DBS Broly was probably one of the better, maybe best, DB movies up until this point.
So far for my favorites only rivaled by Battle of Gods and Fusion Reborn a close third.
i really hope they dont mess with the quality of the movie. the hand drawn style was beautiful. making it crispier will lose that effect
Well the cgi scenes could certainly look crisper (or smoother really)

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

So far for my favorites only rivaled by Battle of Gods and Fusion Reborn a close third.

Well the cgi scenes could certainly look crisper (or smoother really)

Yeah the main improvement that could be made is replacing some of the CGI scenes, but I don't really expect much of that. But it was maybe only 1% of the movie that those scenes jarred a little, and as anime CGI goes it was far from the worst. And man, like I said, the rest of its animation, by the pants rocket ride through and through.

Codes 208

Yeah the main improvement that could be made is replacing some of the CGI scenes, but I don't really expect much of that. But it was maybe only 1% of the movie that those scenes jarred a little, and as anime CGI goes it was far from the worst. And man, like I said, the rest of its animation, by the pants rocket ride through and through.
I mean even the cgi scenes are a huuuhe improvement over RoF’s, I’ll give it that. Like going from raging blast graphics to fighterz

Shaqazooloo

There was a report earlier today, but hardly an hour later TOEI debunked it. But it’s possible (likely imo) that it will. They won’t just leave money on the table seeing how popular the last arc of DBS and the broly movie were.

Plus the manga is continuing at the very least. Right now they’re currently dealing with a godly goat creature named Moro.
Can you give me a brief summary?
Also is it a Goku and Vegeta wankfest or are other characters involved?

Last edited:

Codes 208

Can you give me a brief summary?
Also is it a Goku and Vegeta wankfest or are other characters involved?
Sorry for the very late reply but basically it involves goku, vegeta and the galactic patrol stopping a planet devouring goat creature by resurrecting the grand supreme kai (Kaio-shin’s master) so that he can use his god kid to lock the goat back up. Last time I checked, they were on new namek with vegeta facing the goat, but aside from what appears to be an inevitable jobbing by vegeta, nothing has really happened yet.
Do you think they'll release full seasons on Blu-ray instead of splitting them up like they currently do?
As of right now who knows? They didn’t exactly make a whole pack of DBZK ala the orange bricks.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Sorry for the very late reply but basically it involves goku, vegeta and the galactic patrol stopping a planet devouring goat creature by resurrecting the grand supreme kai (Kaio-shin’s master) so that he can use his god kid to lock the goat back up. Last time I checked, they were on new namek with vegeta facing the goat, but aside from what appears to be an inevitable jobbing by vegeta, nothing has really happened yet.
Eh, I guess that sounds ok, I'm just so sick of Goku and Vegeta's shtick at this point. I'd rather Goku be accompanied by Gohan or Krillin or frickin' Master Roshi or anyone for that matter over Vegeta to be honest.

I just finished Super recently and watched Broly last night. I'm a die-hard dub watcher, but there are like 30 eps of the last season left and they trickle in one week at a time... all the while I have to avoid spoilers on YouTube. Not gonna work. I gave in and marathoned the rest subbed. I definitely still prefer the dub voices, but for the most part everyone not named Goku wasn't too offensive to my ears. Overall, I loved Super and felt it progressed pretty seamlessly from DBZ Kai. The writers were very clearly having a good time.

I don't have many complaints. I've seen a lot of people online shit on Super, and I don't really get it. There are a few missteps, but it feels like a natural extension of Z to me.
* Power levels are basically discarded in the last season. This was irritating, but I don't see it as a reason to hate the series. It's ridiculous that 17 can hold his own while sparring against SSB Goku, but on a positive note I think the last arc was affected positively by this Mario Kart-style rubber banding; we got to see some otherwise useless characters shine in combat.
* This is less of a gripe and more of a fanwank, but I think it'd have been great if Goku had at least tried to ask Beerus nicely if they could break the time travel rule and grab Trunks as a Universe 7 fighter. It's not like Trunks doesn't owe them a favor. It didn't even need to work; I think that interaction alone would've been a good addition to the season.
* Last episode was way too rushed, especially after how long the tournament dragged on for.
* Beerus and Whis weren't utilized enough as higher level beings. Their "housebroken" interactions with the team are endearing, but basically after the battle of the gods they became cheerleaders. It was 👌 when Beerus annihilated present Zamasu though.
* Future Trunks' power level spike was confusing, at best. This guy tops out at SS2 (I think?) and all of a sudden shoots straight up to something presumably equivalent to Blue. Guess it was a sign of things to come.

Gonna start on Dragon Ball Heroes today! I'm pretty sure it's not in continuity, but either way the thumbnails I've seen look fun.

Eh, I guess that sounds ok, I'm just so sick of Goku and Vegeta's shtick at this point. I'd rather Goku be accompanied by Gohan or Krillin or frickin' Master Roshi or anyone for that matter over Vegeta to be honest.
After seeing the Broly movie, I'd like to see more antics from Goku and Frieza. Their chemistry in both the last arc of Super and the movie is precious.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Personally, I really disliked Dragon Ball Super and pretty much everything outside of Frieza in the final arc was unwatchable to me. I enjoyed the Broly movie, but Super, overall, I just really don't like. The Future Trunks arc and the Tournament really got to me though.

Almost nothing about the Future Trunks arc made any sense whatsoever, the time travel presents quite a few plotholes and to make sense of 2 of the timelines that they said exist you would have to assume that for for no reason, the characters just forget about the plot and leave Zamasu alone. They also brake the rules of there own time travel.

The tournament arc just felt so disconnected to me, there didn't seem to be any continuity between recruitment and the actual tournament nor on even an episode to episode basis, hell at times it seemed even in the episodes themselves their was no continuity. I'll never understand why they billed that one guy from universe 3 as massive threat but then have him one-shotted by a base form Cabba with literally no fanfare, or why they had Vegeta give it his all, complete with a fake out suicide that we are told depleted all of his resources (and we can see that it did) only for him at the beginning of the next episode go full power again and proceed to fight the entire episode and once again he's depleted of all resources except this time it's for realz... or characters threatening Gohan and his dork squad, teasing a fight and then a scene later they're picking a fight with Goku and are eliminated (why even tease it if it's not gonna happen...). What broke me early on was the awesome build-up they gave Krillin leading into the damn thing only for him to fight in some low-tier jobber matches and eliminated in a sequence so bizarre that I still don't think that it was what the show writers had envisioned for him and was just a quick re-write. Gohan was also a pretty big disappointment, though i'm less invested in him so I didn't care as much, but they dropped the ball with his build-up as well. He didn't really have any outstanding matches and he was pretty boring. Him saving Frieza was pretty good though.

I really liked what they did with Frieza, 17 and Master Roshi. They made those guys look strong and sexy. They did a good job with them... it's a shame that you have to wait so long to see two of them really put in work and that one of them came out of nowhere.

Caulifla really pissed me off and she almost made me rage quit the show 4 times.

If we get some pay-off for Krillin and Gohan or Frieza somehow replaces Vegeta as Goku's hetero lifemate then the show can be completely redeemed for me... I would also accept a massive buff to the human characters as well TOEI
After seeing the Broly movie, I'd like to see more antics from Goku and Frieza. Their chemistry in both the last arc of Super and the movie is precious.
Hell yeah, give me more of that. Frieza in general has just been amazing, if theirs one thing I can praise Super for it's definitely Frieza and his interactions with Goku. I would like him interacting with more of the main cast, like in DragonBall Fighterz. I need more of that.

Last edited:

ajim

I just got back to neogaf after a long break and I miss being part of and following this thread weekly when super was on.

Just remembering the massive hype in here leading up to the finale and the massive circle jerking we had.

Good times.

Last edited:

Meohsix

I just started a rewatch the other night. Doing the dub this time around.
Man the first few episodes are not great lol. And i find myself fast forwarding each time Pilaf and co are on screen for more than a minute.

Mochilador

I just started a rewatch the other night. Doing the dub this time around.
Man the first few episodes are not great lol. And i find myself fast forwarding each time Pilaf and co are on screen for more than a minute.
The first arcs look horrible, like a flash animation straight out of Newgrounds.

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
Hey,
Not super related (but I still can’t start my own post and all the other DB post are already locked), but does anybody know where one can watch / find the edited (clean for children) Dragonball episodes to watch - like what use to come on CN?

Have some family that’s wants to start watching, but OG DB is pretty risqué and most of the stuff I find to watch online or purchase is uncut.

Thanks to anybody able to help!

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
So anybody here actually watch “A Path to Power” DB movie?

That movie was darn good. It is a simple retelling if parts of DB, minus Pilaf and co and minus a good amount of filler.

In no way is it a replacement, but it has some of the best animation in all of DB/Z (was made by the GT team), and feels much more modern than the original DB does today IMO (not a knock on original DB by any means).

Just finished all DB series (and movies) and that movie definitely stood out. Give it a shot if you haven’t! Excited to start rewatching DBZ again in its entirety. DB was so much more entertaining than I remembered and than I was worried it would be 1/4 of the way through.

J-Rod

Between Vegeta and Gogeta, they try to murder Broly about 3 times, but then they just let Frieza off the hook and he immediately goes on to terrorize/slaughter another planet of innocents. Thanks guys.

Shaqazooloo

Between Vegeta and Gogeta, they try to murder Broly about 3 times, but then they just let Frieza off the hook and he immediately goes on to terrorize/slaughter another planet of innocents. Thanks guys.
Yeah, well we have to have at least one recurring villain/plot device. I guess Frieza got a better contract this time.

So anybody here actually watch “A Path to Power” DB movie?

That movie was darn good. It is a simple retelling if parts of DB, minus Pilaf and co and minus a good amount of filler.

In no way is it a replacement, but it has some of the best animation in all of DB/Z (was made by the GT team), and feels much more modern than the original DB does today IMO (not a knock on original DB by any means).

Just finished all DB series (and movies) and that movie definitely stood out. Give it a shot if you haven’t! Excited to start rewatching DBZ again in its entirety. DB was so much more entertaining than I remembered and than I was worried it would be 1/4 of the way through.
I love the original Dragon Ball. I didn't know the GT team did it, but it makes sense due to the art style. Finished DB and the movies and watching some episodes of GT (yung Goku best Goku) and DBZ Kai since episodes are on demand thanks to Adult Swim.

Top Bottom