• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch out in JP this Fall, includes XV1's story

Seik

Banned
Finally some news about that version.

Good to know they're putting in the first Story Mode, however making it a timed thing is really, really dumb, just put everything on the cartridge to add value.

If they can make this a 720p/900p-60FPS experience, I'm in. Hopefully this won't be a rushed port like DQH I/II

Durden77

Doesn't include the XV2 DLC?

Wtf. I got XV2 on the PS4 but fell off after a while, but was more than willing to buy it on the Switch if the put in the DLC. Now I'm not so sure at all. I already completed XV1, I don't care to have it's story.

No way I'm buying this at full price. A shame because it's perfect for the Switch too.

Lgndryhr

I have debated selling my ps4 version to buy the switch version. I would consider it if runs at 60fps and has all of the DLC.

Wow. Easily the definitive version of XV2. If this comes out with all updates, DLC, and the story mode from XV but with XV2 gameplay, this might be the best DB game of all time.

They are seriously winning with this series.

edit: about the limited time bonus... the original XV had SSJ4 Vegeta as pre-order exclusive so after fan backlash they changed their policy around for XV2 preorder DLC. it's likely they'll do the same here, even though it's still stupid as hell.

Sorry but PC is the definitive version because of the mod support. It's ridiculously simple for the end user and has amazing support from the modding community

https://xenoversemods.com

Revven

Doesn't include the XV2 DLC?

Nothing in the article said this. That was just some poster making speculation based on nothing. The DLC hasn't been mentioned to be included specifically but there's no reason at all to think that it won't be in the game when it would be a year old on the other systems and all the DLC would be out on those systems before the Switch version even releases.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
After trying the DQ Heroes 2 demo both for Switch and PS4, I really doubt other ps4 ports will run nearly as good on Switch.

Edit:
That said, I still kinda want DQ Heroes for Switch. Maybe they could improve it for the western release?
Why do people keep using. that rushed port job as a example of what the switch can do

Really hope this isn't the Dragon Ball game for the year. I don't care for Xenoverse, so I'm still hoping for a Zenkai Battle console port.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Sorry but PC is the definitive version because of the mod support. It's ridiculously simple for the end user and has amazing support from the modding community

https://xenoversemods.com

"Whaaa? There's no way Mods are doing anything too crazy..."

9CG69gt.png

Best version confirmed.

sensui-tomo

Where's all this no DLC talk coming from?

its dumb to think there wont be dlc for this game. Bundled in the game otoh is probably not going to happen aka Not a GOTY edition but base vanilla game + a season pass to buy. Its namco-bandai its not like they were called Scamco for no good reason. But adding the original game is a good way to soften the full price of the game.

AGITΩ

Though i have both XV1 and 2 on PS4, i will definately pick this up on Switch. I already held off on beating XV2 once it was announced on the Switch.

LotusHD

Banned
So what's the difference between the story modes for the first and second game. Like obviously the sequel must go further or something, but does it have you go through the same stuff or something?

cHinzo

That's pretty sick value. It's like having 2 games in 1. I spend more than 50 hours on the first game, so I imagine the second one being just as long as the first one.

Top Bottom