• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Ponn

Banned
Is Playstation Plus required for this? I let my sub expire last month and I don't want to renew, don't play multiplayer matches but I know this game has a hubworld that is populated by online.

Revven

That reminds me, I never figured out how to do those follow-up vanishes in the first Xenoverse. How DO you do that? I know the dodge vanishes which cost stamina, but the combo ones only came out by accident. I never knew what exactly triggered them.

As soon as you knock someone way, press X. You'll vanish and reappear behind where they are about to fly to from your last attack. That allows you to then continue/extend the combo. IIRC, it costs 1 stamina bar to do this type of vanish.

Characters themselves sometimes vanish on their own in their combo strings and you can cancel out the combo from continuing when they vanish by pressing block. But I think they changed this to some degree in XV2 to where it's only certain strings of certain characters. This doesn't cost any stamina since the vanish is performed part of their combo string.

Jeff6851

Gonna have to wait a bit before buying because I don't think my 560 Ti can handle this but I'm very excited. I loved the first game.

Ponn

Banned
You can play it offline if you want.

Cool, and you don't miss anything right? I mean I don't need Dr. Kakarot69 standing around in my hub world but I didn't know if they tied anything to online component like earning money or dragonballs or something silly like that.

I was getting a little hyped and wanted to play some DBZ, so I popped in Xeno 1 after a friend gifted it to me. I only ever had it on the PS4, so imagine my surprise when all the characters are fucking locked away.

At least I'm pretty sure they are since you earn them as you go.

Soooooon
GM9VAL6h.jpg

Cool, and you don't miss anything right? I mean I don't need Dr. Kakarot69 standing around in my hub world but I didn't know if they tied anything to online component like earning money or dragonballs or something silly like that.

You'll only miss world tournaments, which are online ranked battle events and maybe Raids, which are 6 player events where you fight a super strong enemy, it hasn't been made clear if Raids require PS Plus/Xbox Live Gold though, you might be able to do them with AI partners.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry about the double post.

Ponn

Banned
You'll only miss world tournaments, which are online ranked battle events and maybe Raids, which are 6 player events where you fight a super strong enemy, it hasn't been made clear if Raids require PS Plus/Xbox Live Gold though, you might be able to do them with AI partners.

Okay thanks alot for that info. I might be interested in raids but that would be it. I can wait and see if they do them offline. If not I could always get a one or 3 month ps plus card.

Skeeter49

Still trying to decide on what moves I want transferred over.

And If I should transfer SSJ over for money, or transfer an Ultimate that'll carry over. I never felt like money was an issue in Xenoverse, one thing I really liked.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I haven't played a DBZ game since Budokai 3 and I'm hyped as hell for this. I'm so glad I got to play the open beta because I gave zero shits about Xeno 1 and hadn't followed any media concerning Xeno 2. To think I could have possibly missed out on this beauty...

If you guys want to see a GREAT example of the new gameplay check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVti8lNQv8k

Dude is a monster with Turles playing ranked matches.
Fuck

I love his playstyle. It's exactly how I tried to play in the beta. Unfortunately, I wasn't anywhere near as successful as this motherfucker god damn. O__O

Chille

You should be able to do Raids offline also

You should be able to do Raids offline also

If they are like they are in the beta they are timed events that Dimps will push through online, but I don't know if you'll be able to play those in an online connected Single Lobby(which you don't need PS Plus or XBL Gold for) or not.

sensui-tomo

so i have this preordered on amazon (i got prime) and i'm just wondering if i'm the only one, but does anyone else have an expected delivery date for that thursday and not the release date tuesday? (or should i contact amazon probably about it?)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
so i have this preordered on amazon (i got prime) and i'm just wondering if i'm the only one, but does anyone else have an expected delivery date for that thursday and not the release date tuesday? (or should i contact amazon probably about it?)
My friend has the same issue.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Man, I really wish they would make 2 accessory slots. I want the shades with the butterfly wings. It's not fair :(

btw why is there no Saiyan tail accessory (no, the armor "tail-belt" doesn't count)? Frieza race gets 8 foot long tails and angel wings, but I can't get a legit swaying saiyan tail accessory? wat

NandoGip

I haven't played a DBZ game since Budokai 3 and I'm hyped as hell for this. I'm so glad I got to play the open beta because I gave zero shits about Xeno 1 and hadn't followed any media concerning Xeno 2. To think I could have possibly missed out on this beauty...

Fuck

I love his playstyle. It's exactly how I tried to play in the beta. Unfortunately, I wasn't anywhere near as successful as this motherfucker god damn. O__O

Yeah man I jumped on Xenoverse 1 really late. There were many flaws but I still found fun in it. I'm pretty damn hyped about XV2 and I've been grinding to get my guy some gear for the transfer.

That video with Turles looks so good. I could never pull anything like that off in XV1.

Listonosh

If you guys want to see a GREAT example of the new gameplay check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVti8lNQv8k

Dude is a monster with Turles playing ranked matches.

Holy shit! Probably the closest thing to the intense speed of the fighting in the show. That kind of level of play terrifies me. I just don't have that kind of coordination. Props to that dude seriously.

If anything, it also highlights how exciting it is to watch high level play, and how good the combat is to support that kind of skill. All I learned from the beta is that I'm good at spamming square... =(

So does anyone have an idea if there's more player customisation stuff this time around? (haristyles and appearances, etc. Not so much clothes)

Man I wish Crunchyroll had the Universe 6 arc up for streaming. I wanna start watching super, but I don't want to deal with sketchy fan dubs nor just dive into the Goku Black arc. Dang.

Man I wish Crunchyroll had the Universe 6 arc up for streaming. I wanna start watching super, but I don't want to deal with sketchy fan dubs nor just dive into the Goku Black arc. Dang.

Starting next week they'll be uploading the series from the beginning in 10 episode junks a week, so by the end of November the whole show will be up.

NandoGip

DragonTeam sub is really really good. Equal to or better than the official subs

Teknoman

Did they manage to get any original dbz music (jp ost) into the game? I still want to have a crazy fight to solid state scouter.

.shin

Banned
Did they manage to get any original dbz music (jp ost) into the game? I still want to have a crazy fight to solid state scouter.

I WISH. I just downloaded Raging Blast 2's JP OST and put it on a flash drive to listen to while I play the game so it's the closest thing to actually having the score in a western game.

Teknoman

I WISH. I just downloaded Raging Blast 2's JP OST and put it on a flash drive to listen to while I play the game so it's the closest thing to actually having the score in a western game.

Aww I've been chasing that since Budokai 1 heh.

Darn a few days late in Japan as well...

Any idea on how the carry over items/skills work?

If I make a new character can I choose a different Hero for example and bring over another set of moves/equips?

alpha69

Darn a few days late in Japan as well...

Any idea on how the carry over items/skills work?

If I make a new character can I choose a different Hero for example and bring over another set of moves/equips?
If it's anything like the Open Beta, you can't do that. You can only do it ones and the game specifically says if you wanna do it again, you have to delete your current save. It's part of the story at the beginning.

Durden77

Hit CG Trailer

Hit Gameplay Trailer

I so fucking happy he made it into the base game. He was originally going to be part of the first DLC pack, but he was the most requested character so Dimps buckled up and managed to get him finished in time for the base game.
My only complaint is that when he uses a time skip move it makes the background go black instead of doing the cool effect from the show.

Damn, super rad. Can't wait to play as him. Also the OT says Cabba and Frost will be DLC. Is that confirmed? I would love if we got Universe Touranment DLC.

Slaythe

Damn, super rad. Can't wait to play as him. Also the OT says Cabba and Frost will be DLC. Is that confirmed? I would love if we got Universe Touranment DLC.

It's confirmed yes. We don't know when that will be though.

It's very unlikely Botamo and Magetta are gonna make it in.

Top Bottom