• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Revven

According to a person on GameFAQs, you can't change the level of difficulty in Versus mode against the CPU.

Funny thing is, however, you can change the CPU's difficulty in Training Mode kind of like how in SFV you could even when there was no VS CPU option. The difficulty in Training Mode goes from Weak to Very Strong. It's at least a substitute but it's no excuse to not have the option for actually fighting the CPU outside of Training.

Does it still have that thing where you sometimes randomly fight other people's characters/ghosts?

Do you mean the "invisibility glitch" that only occurred in the closed beta? If yes, that was fixed for the open beta and never happened again.

Kalentan

So I think I will get this cause I loved the original.

2 Questions tho.

1. Do we know how much content is in the game in comparison to XV1?
2. In terms of the combat, I know people say it's improved from the original but by how much? Personally I'm not someone who used a lot of ranged abilites in the original, instead I always liked to keep close range.

Slaythe

Is there anything comparable out there?

Extreme Butoden on 3DS.

That's about it.

So I think I will get this cause I loved the original.

2 Questions tho.

1. Do we know how much content is in the game in comparison to XV1?
2. In terms of the combat, I know people say it's improved from the original but by how much? Personally I'm not someone who used a lot of ranged abilites in the original, instead I always liked to keep close range.

1. About double the content, so what XV 1 + another XV1 in terms of story and content but the roster obviously isn't as big since the first one had over 60 characters, that'd be hard to add as many characters.

2. They have a mode without levels so that you can play any character and face anybody, better tracking of your melee and range attacks, new dashing abilities to catch your opponent, no spam, stamina break that lets you do full combos on your enemies. Pretty good, it's completely revamped. Also if you're on console, the game doesn't look like vomit anymore and it runs at 60 FPS.

CloakBass

It seems really weird that they decided to feature movie content in the base game over the 'proper' continuation of Dragon Ball Super. I know it's there in the DLC, but if it's like the DLC from XV1 then it won't be integrated into the story mode.

Kalentan

1. About double the content, so what XV 1 + another XV1 in terms of story and content but the roster obviously isn't as big since the first one had over 60 characters, that'd be hard to add as many characters.

2. They have a mode without levels so that you can play any character and face anybody, better tracking of your melee and range attacks, new dashing abilities to catch your opponent, no spam, stamina break that lets you do full combos on your enemies. Pretty good, it's completely revamped. Also if you're on console, the game doesn't look like vomit anymore and it runs at 60 FPS.

Oh shit it runs at 60 FPS on consoles now too? Sweet. Was planning on getting it for XBO because I played the original on there.

Slaythe

It seems really weird that they decided to feature movie content in the base game over the 'proper' continuation of Dragon Ball Super. I know it's there in the DLC, but if it's like the DLC from XV1 then it won't be integrated into the story mode.

How is that weird ? You realize they don't shit out those games in 2 months right ? This started development long before DBSuper existed. And the first episodes of Super were retelling of movies, that lasted over 6 months. So what could they possibly do ?

Also remember everybody, push the "brightness" to the max in the options, it's actually the dynamic contrast, without it, the game looks hideous.

Also if you're on console, the game doesn't look like vomit anymore and it runs at 60 FPS.

60fps cannot be stressed enough. I first experienced Xenoverse on PlayStation 4. I couldn't get into it at all and barely made it through the Cell saga before being completely turned off by the frame rate. Was gifted a copy on Steam this past summer, and can't stop playing it. Once I started, I wanted to dig deeper and deeper for the abundance of fanservice the game has to offer, and to this day, I'm still digging. They should plaster 60fps stickers all over the damn cover of the console versions for Xenoverse 2. The enhancement turned what would have been a forgettable Dragon Ball game into a personal top-3 lock with Tenkaichi 3 and Budokai 3.

Slaythe

Hoping enemies don't have that ridiculous guard anymore, that whiz and beerus fight was so annoying cause of that.

Any word on pro support?

You can stamina break the enemies now. Makes it so much more fun (easier though).

There will be no Pro support. At least nothing was planned as of last week.

60fps cannot be stressed enough. I first experienced Xenoverse on PlayStation 4. I couldn't get into it at all and barely made it through the Cell saga before being completely turned off by the frame rate. Was gifted a copy on Steam this past summer, and can't stop playing it. Once I started, I wanted to dig deeper and deeper for the abundance of fanservice the game has to offer, and to this day, I'm still digging. They should plaster 60fps stickers all over the damn cover of the console versions for Xenoverse 2. The enhancement turned what would have been a forgetful Dragon Ball game into a personal top-3 lock with Tenkaichi 3 and Budokai 3.

They added dynamic contrast, 60 fps, AA, removed input delay, that awful bloom.

The progress made on XV 2 are fantastic.

XV 1 was about some of the worst thing I ever played, fucking ps3 garbage, shows how much it's holding back the ps4 on all those japanese games still. Wish they would let it die.

Slaythe

How is it?

Well if you are looking forward the "singleplayer", it's repetitive and after the initial discovery that is extremely enjoyable, you'd get bored.

BUT they added since release, the online mode, so you can battle other players online through wifi. Which gave new life to the game really.

The problem is, might not be super easy to find people in your area or something. But discounted, on sale, I'd recommend it.

It's in the vein of the 2D Snes DBZ. The sprite work is outstanding. Ost is great too.

Well if you are looking forward the "singleplayer", it's repetitive and after the initial discovery that is extremely enjoyable, you'd get bored.

BUT they added since release, the online mode, so you can battle other players online through wifi. Which gave new life to the game really.

The problem is, might not be super easy to find people in your area or something. But discounted, on sale, I'd recommend it.

It's in the vein of the 2D Snes DBZ. The sprite work is outstanding. Ost is great too.
Does it have the Funimation English voice cast?

You can stamina break the enemies now. Makes it so much more fun (easier though).

There will be no Pro support. At least nothing was planned as of last week.

They added dynamic contrast, 60 fps, AA, removed input delay, that awful bloom.

The progress made on XV 2 are fantastic.

XV 1 was about some of the worst thing I ever played, fucking ps3 garbage, shows how much it's holding back the ps4 on all those japanese games still. Wish they would let it die.
Oh well, even without pro support it sounding like a good upgrade over xenoverse 1.

Durden77

I haven't played a DBZ game since Budokai 3 and I'm hyped as hell for this. I'm so glad I got to play the open beta because I gave zero shits about Xeno 1 and hadn't followed any media concerning Xeno 2. To think I could have possibly missed out on this beauty...

Was so close to skipping out on XV1 because I thought they were just rehashin Tenkaichi yet again. Hoped on it on the last minute when I read up on it, and ao glad I did. These are really special games.

I'm honestly more hype for XV2 than anything else left this year lawl.

What happens if I've already completed the mission in XV1 do I need to complete them again or does carrying over your save tick off what you've done in XV1?

Is there a new story in XV2 aswell?

Ok, so how was the first one support?

Did they add features later in DLC format or free updates?

Can we expect the same with Xenoverse 2?

Ok, so how was the first one support?

Did they add features later in DLC format or free updates?

Can we expect the same with Xenoverse 2?

there were three DLC packs, but I believe there was a bit of free content too.

The Steam page for 2 promises support for over a year, both free and paid.

Nordicus

I was initially bummed by how much XV2 looked more like an expansion than a sequel, but after reading the descriptions of the changes in the combat system, it looks like a ton of work was made under the hood. Really looking forward to getting the game this weekend
Yup. I was a bit disappointed at first but after seeing more it looks like the combat was polished in areas where it was needed the most.

Raxious

PS4 heh ?

Get XV2.

If you're going from XV 1 ps4 to this, you'll feel delighted. Technically it's a different game, 60 FPS, no aggressive bloom, dynamic contrast and AA. It's still not a "looker" but it super super smooth. Especially in comparison to XV 1.

They improved the mechanics a lot, made the multiplayer zone much bigger, there are much more things to do now.

And they have a "limitations battle mode" online, so that everybody has the same level, which means you can play for fun and not get destroyed by no lifers.

I'm also afraid that the missions ( both story and parallel quests ) will be copy pasted from XV1 :(

kubus

The game has both English as well as Japanese dub right?
Any differences in soundtrack between the western and Japanese version of the game?

Still undecided if I grab this game here in Japan or import from Europe...

sensui-tomo

The game has both English as well as Japanese dub right?
Any differences in soundtrack between the western and Japanese version of the game?

Still undecided if I grab this game here in Japan or import from Europe...

dub and sub, OST is same(its all original game music iirc so no having to worry about japanese music not getting in) Now i dont know if japan has dual audio (then again i dont know what japanese fans of DB think of the NA funi dub )

kubus

dub and sub, OST is same(its all original game music iirc so no having to worry about japanese music not getting in) Now i dont know if japan has dual audio (then again i dont know what japanese fans of DB think of the NA funi dub )
Thanks! I guess I will buy the European version then. Was worried the western version was gonna have some edited soundtrack as I like the Japanese style more. But if it's all original game music it doesn't really matter :)

What's even more strange is that they still left out 19/20, Dabra & Frieza/Cells forms. They didn't even go all the way with the movie characters. Where is Hirudergen, Tapian, Bojack, Garlic, 13/14/15 & Wheelo? Seems like they pushed Turles & Slug a lot.

sensui-tomo

Thanks! I guess I will buy the European version then. Was worried the western version was gonna have some edited soundtrack as I like the Japanese style more. But if it's all original game music it doesn't really matter :)

Only time you should worry is if Hironobu Kageyama sings an intro, in which case the western(NA) versions will almost never get it (except for the raging blast games i think? unless i'm wrong as all the budokai and tenkaichi games never had his songs to my knowledge)

What's even more strange is that they still left out 19/20, Dabra & Frieza/Cells forms. They didn't even go all the way with the movie characters. Where is Hirudergen, Tapian, Bojack, Garlic, 13/14/15 & Wheelo? Seems like they pushed Turles & Slug a lot.

Dont forget Hachiyack

JMTHEFOX

Only time you should worry is if Hironobu Kageyama sings an intro, in which case the western(NA) versions will almost never get it (except for the raging blast games i think? unless i'm wrong as all the budokai and tenkaichi games never had his songs to my knowledge)

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had Super Survivor in the intro for all regions, only the US (to my knowledge) used the instrumental version.

TheFlow

Banned
So, the $150 Collector's Edition doesn't come with a lick of digital content of it's own? Just making sure.

season pass. downloadable soundtrack. also from amazon we get bonus playable character from Dragon Ball Super, the Tao Pai Pai Stick Vehicle and a free Dragon Ball Z Vol. 1 digital code from Comixology.

A Hildegarn 8 player fight would've been sick.

sensui-tomo

season pass. downloadable soundtrack. also from amazon we get bonus playable character from Dragon Ball Super, the Tao Pai Pai Stick Vehicle and a free Dragon Ball Z Vol. 1 digital code from Comixology.

woah, i thought the $150 version did NOT have the season pass. and the Deluxe edition was the only version with a season pass.

yup just double checked
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Collector's Edition Includes:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Game
Exclusive Steelbook Case
Official Music Soundtrack
Time Patrol Guide Artbook
Son Goku Master Stars Piece 13" Height Figure
Collector's Box

some of the PQs are absolutely taken from the first game, and they openly advertise this. A good example is the Ginyu Force one that was popular for farming Dragon Balls. Now, at least three patrollers are able to spawn at the start and you fight them all at once. I don't know if all three can give you a Dragon Ball, but at least one does from what I saw in a stream.

There are supposed to be double the number of PQs from the first game, so you shouldn't have to worry about rehashes.

Top Bottom