• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

JMTHEFOX

So a few questions:

-Anyone know when DLC 2 will drop and what it will be?
-Anyone know of a good unlock guide? (Everything I've found is either half-finished or completely off) I'm trying to unlock all the costumes for various characters...but I've done nearly all of the PQs.
-What is the World Tournament? I was bummed to discover it wasn't an offline/local mode ala all the tournament modes in the past :(
-Expert Missions...what? I seem to only have access to the first one no matter how many times I've beaten it

1) There were rumors of it coming out sometime this month, but no official release date has been revealed yet.
2) Watch this video here
3) The World Tournament is like a limited time special PvP event.
4) You're supposed to beat the Expert Missions in order. Once you finished the Expert Mission, there will be another purple rift in Conton City.

1) There were rumors of it coming out sometime this month, but no official release date has been revealed yet.
2) Watch this video here
3) The World Tournament is like a limited time special PvP event.
4) You're supposed to beat the Expert Missions in order. Once you finished the Expert Mission, there will be another purple rift in Conton City.

Hmmm. Well, after I beat the first expert mission nothing happened. No new rifts. Just the tutorial ones and the Nappa Ape one. Hmmm

But thanks for your answers!

When does the World Tournament usually open? I'm going to beat everyone!

JMTHEFOX

Hmmm. Well, after I beat the first expert mission nothing happened. No new rifts. Just the tutorial ones and the Nappa Ape one. Hmmm

But thanks for your answers!

When does the World Tournament usually open? I'm going to beat everyone!

That's weird, I completed all of the expert missions after beating the story. I guess you have to beat the story mode to get more rifts but I may be wrong.

I don't know when the World Tournament opens though, I haven't tried the World Tournament yet.

That's weird, I completed all of the expert missions after beating the story. I guess you have to beat the story mode to get more rifts but I may be wrong.

I don't know when the World Tournament opens though, I haven't tried the World Tournament yet.

Well, I already beat the story. Maybe I missed something. I'll double check later today.

Wow, so even though you "can" play the Expert Missions offline, you really can't. After Metal Cooler the time limit drops so drastically it's impossible with AI partners.

Wow, so even though you "can" play the Expert Missions offline, you really can't. After Metal Cooler the time limit drops so drastically it's impossible with AI partners.

I did all of them offline .

i tried to do Expert 15 online but the fact that at the time only 3 people got the reward annoyed me. So i went back to offline

It's doable with ai partners ,

I'm stuck in Expert Mission 15. Haven't played the game since then.

Expert mission 15 is the hardest , harshest , most unfair mission of the game ..nothing even come close.

I did mine mostly offline. I found that I was only running support. Revives and using Energy Zone to heal people. But then I would die and get nothing.

QLLloCk.png

Announced today for Nintendo Switch

Rymuth

Finally started this yesterday after ignoring it in my backlog for so long. Is the campaign supposed to be...easier than XV? I've plowed all the way past the Frieza saga.

Perhaps I'm misremembering it, but I recall Xenoverse absolutely curbstomping to the ground and made me grind.

X-Frame

What is the reason why the time limit to pick a character in a Private room is only 15 seconds?! Can that be changed at all?

I hate hate hate how I'm so rush to pick a damn character when I just playing with my brother or friend and we're casually running through PQ's or something.

Namikaze1

Expert Mission 15 can fuck off. Couldn't do it with randoms online for about four hours today so went and did it offline using the Destructo Disk + Prepare to be Punished + Hmm Hmmm super soul combo. Took a few more attempts but managed to beat it and get the skill reward. Getting close to platinuming the game. Need to finish the last couple of PQs I have left, Krillin's stupid thing that won't come up, and the last few challenge quests before making new non-Saiyan characters to get their respective awakening. Plus I still need to get the three online battles trophy. Sigh, that Endless Battle one is gonna be a pain .

Namikaze1

Jesus Christ. Challenge Mission 13 took an hour to do just trying to get those last two combos right. Now just two trophies left for the platinum: get the Awakening for the other races and Krillin's stupid thing that stopped showing up on my main (seriously, only Yamcha's shows up. Did Endless battles, 40 PQs to get the PQ trophy, farmed PQ 4 for Dragon Balls, finished the extra Masters, and completed the Challenge Missions and Yamcha's showed up six times while Krillin's hasn't popped up since Wednesday.)

I'm at the point where I might as well start all over on one of the other characters. Did 6 or 7 so far on my main but Krillin's just won't show up.

Reizo Ryuu

I thought they were going to add SS Blue Vegito and etc.

maybe, could be part of the free update, the paid pack is vados and champa.

Don't think so though, seems this pack covers the universe 6 tournament arc, including a story mission and new stage.
I would assume that dlc 3 will add SSRosé black and perhaps ssb vegetto.

Champa's ult looking interesting, I hope it tracks well like death ball.

Also, gematsu doesn't mention it, but this pack raises the level cap to 90 as well and 2 more expert missions.

X-Frame

I made a Female Majin Striker and wow are they a lot of fun. It's refreshing using a character where I am encouraged to focus on Strike skills. Too bad there are only a handful of useful Strike Ultimates compared to Ki Ultimates. Hopefully the developers notice the disparity.

Death Meteor is an amazing Ultimate in general, let alone a Strike Ultimate. The tracking on Death Meteor is insane.

Reizo Ryuu

death meteor kinda loses its great tracking if they are up close or behind you, unlike death ball.
Death meteor does have the great quality of not being able to be knocked out of it, you can use it whenever you want without worrying about getting stamina broken.

The disparity is because well, the show doesn't have that many attacks that would make good ults in striking, most of them are energy based.
Dragon fist is all you really need though, it's badass and does a stupid amount of damage.
Spirit sword is nice too.

Reizo Ryuu

Glad it's coming, but damn the dlc schedule is so slow compared to xv; 4 months for 3 dlc packs, but now for xv2 4 months for 2 dlc packs.
Guess we're gonna be waiting another 4-5 months for the rest.

Reizo Ryuu

the free DLC patch has already dropped on PC, presumably on consoles as well

Yes, you can also now buy the pre-order bonuses seperately.

On a side note, kaioken assault is fucking amazing now, it's pretty much an ult after a stamina break, on characters with a lot of stamina I'd even use it over dragon fist.

Now ofcourse this combo would never actually happen against another person because they'd regain stamina, but it sure looks fun! And the cpu might fall for it once or twice though lol, 2+ bars of damage with only 3 ki.

Yoooo characters actually say unique stuff to your character in battle now, Broly said "copy me will ya?" when I used one of his moves against him. Perhaps this was just bugged on pc but I never saw it before.

Reizo Ryuu

The DLC story was pretty cool, even ended with a pretty nice cgi cutscene.
Vados is really dope imo, her skills are also really great, though to get the most out of her supers for your own character, you'd have to equip at least two of them.

Champa is kinda meh, is ult same like a much weaker spirit ball, unless there's some property to it that I don't know yet...perhaps it's unblockable? I'm going to try it on the Broly expert mission.
His super...I dunno what it does, it seems to just push enemies away, not do any damage, looks cool though.

RootCause

Glad it's coming, but damn the dlc schedule is so slow compared to xv; 4 months for 3 dlc packs, but now for xv2 4 months for 2 dlc packs.
Guess we're gonna be waiting another 4-5 months for the rest.

Yep, they've been taking too long per release. Also, I wish they were adding more dlc characters, and hairstyles.

Reizo Ryuu

Top Bottom