• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Piku_Ringo

Banned
V6xafAl.jpg

The stones wasted just for a miracle to a truly horrible streak of luck this past week. Anyone know what is the best unit to spend that purple stone on?

Reizo Ryuu

That's a great multi.
I'd say the overall best unit is int gogeta because of on how many teams he fits and he always brings the damage.
But in the end it's more about the kind of teams you can make. I'd personally just pick one that I'm missing and have a great team ready for.

The stage theme for the new dokkan events might be better than the new boss themes, though they are pretty great too; really like freeza's and goku's sound like something out of megaman x.

Edit: managed to get just enough stones for the last multi with login/mission.
Pretty bad multis, but the free gssr gave me a teq vegetto dupe so that's great. Gonna be saving my stones now for the STR type banner and #21.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I'm happy I finally got UI Goku and the new Transforming Goku, but the cost to get that was too high, and the free ticket banner left a bad taste in my mouth. Ah. I think I'm gonna tap out from this point onwards. I'll use the rest of this celebration to recoup the stones I lost, and wait for SSBE VEGETA.

Reizo Ryuu

Took this tean for a spin in boss rush 3.
vsTjpuq.jpg

I think this is another case if rosé vs vegetto. Goku might hit harder, but freeza's heal is so disgusting I barely paid attention. As long as he's on rotation, any previous damage is just straight up negated.

Also boss rush 3 was not enough to get the final transformation to show up at all; will try boss rush 5 later.

Reizo Ryuu

Yeah, it's just a different kind of easy when using freeza.
Rosé was already pretty busted because of how tanky he made everyone, but the healing synergy on this freeza team is pretty silly.

Just tried boss rush 5, pretty much a joke.
Gogeta, managed to summon golden freeza, dies after getting punched by golden freeza.
Omega, got a bit lucky here with the unit locking, managed to summon golden freeza, dies after getting punched by golden freeza.
Gohan, managed to summon golden freeza, promptly dies before getting punched by golden freeza.
Freeza, managed to summon golden freeza, promptly dies before getting punched by golden freeza.
SV, dies to final form freeza like a scrub.

Seems omega and gogeta are the only ones worthy of the golden emperor.

Edit: did some calcs and it seems freeza also just straight up hits harder than goku, so it's straight up a much better card.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Makes sense since Their SA is based off their brief clash before the TOP and Freeza managed to knock Goku out of blue in the exchange.

So Buu transformation is coming soon it seems.

Good to hear. I would also like to throw an idea for another one of these every turn transform cards.

Cell, 2d form Cell, Final Form Cell, "Buffed up Enraged at being made a fool by Gohan" Cell, and finally Full Powa Final Form Cell.

Finally managed to complete Broly Eza. Bring on Piccolo's.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I must say I do love the storyline meaning between the typing choice and artwork origins choice of the new PHY Goku & STR Freeza. Still not worth going after though

Reizo Ryuu

In the sense that they will show up on every banner from here on out, yeah it may not be the smartest thing to do.
However, these two are pretty much the hardest hitting non-dokkanfest TURs right behind rage vegeta, but unlike him, they've actually been blessed with categories.
If they were category leads as well, they'd be as awesome as kefla.

Edit:
Change my super team to:
teq VB
eza piccolo
phy 20x kaioken goku
int ss3 bardock
str ult gohan
teq tapion.

One of the more fun teams I've run yet, also killed boss rush 5 without much effort; piccolo and tapion go perfectly together, as do goku and gohan.
It's wild how dope piccolo is for a free card.

Last edited:

Shouta

Goku keeps eluding me, OOF.

I finished Piccolo and and Kid Gohan's EZAs so I have them for whatever. If I ever get the Goku, I'd love to use them on the same team.

On that note, I did get a TEQ Tapion. He's in the Resurrected Warriors category which I got the lead for this time. With him on the team, it should make it easier for me to use Piccolo and get a full rainbow line to make the most out of his bonus.

Reizo Ryuu

Don't think they'd give a stone away for a free category leader when not even the blue stones have been given away yet.
A 90% LR stone would be interesting though, but also doubtful.

Reizo Ryuu

That looks nice, with that I'm assuming you keep kid buu on rotation?
Linking him with rosé is a guaranteed super at least, however, if you have teq super buu or teq buff buu, they are probably a better choice compared to buuhan in terms of links.
Honestly with a rainbow kid buu, you should prolly try and get turles whenever he comes back; a perfect rotation of turles/rainbow kid buu/teq buu is gloriously disgusting in terms of damage.

Shouta

That looks nice, with that I'm assuming you keep kid buu on rotation?
Linking him with rosé is a guaranteed super at least, however, if you have teq super buu or teq buff buu, they are probably a better choice compared to buuhan in terms of links.
Honestly with a rainbow kid buu, you should prolly try and get turles whenever he comes back; a perfect rotation of turles/rainbow kid buu/teq buu is gloriously disgusting in terms of damage.

My TEQ Buff Buu and Super Buu don't have dupes or super leveled up while Buuhan does. I give up a little bit of power with Kid Buu but Buuhan will hit far harder than the other options for me right now. I think Buuhan has 4 Links while Buff Buu has 5 links with Kid Buu with Brutal Beatdown being the one that's different. I rotate Kid Buu around as necessary but if I have a lot of orbs, Kid/Buuhan are the ones I pair up.

I also got the Angel Golden Freeza for the Resurrected Warriors category. I use Buff Buu there with Kid Buu there since Buuhan isn't in that category.

Reizo Ryuu

It's a regular LR banner, so for that the units on it are actually pretty dope, though global's will be worse since there's nothing good they can replace dyspo with.
Unless they release dyspo and the rest of the ToP dokkans with it.

Reizo Ryuu

The final ToP event is dropping for global.
It has both dyspo and ribrianne in it, so i'm guessing the LR banner is gonna be the same.
Kinda shitty to introduce dyspo on such a terrible rates banner, especially considering the previous ToP banners were featured gssr.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Oh man Hit actually won the voting card. Meh, at the very least give me a Kale/Caulifa LR with the transformation mechanic into kefla. the Pep Gals squadron need a LR.

Reizo Ryuu

Was hoping for a transforming kale as well.
However I'm pretty sure they are just gonna make all three, but focus on Hit.

On another note, both of lr goku and freeza SAs look outstanding, pretty much 1:1 with the anime.

Reizo Ryuu

My 50 stones are going to the str banner.
Rather have a shitty chance at getting LR beerus than an awful buttfuckery of a chance to get LR goku and freeza.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Ok, so I am guessing that the new Trunks Goten, Maroon card is basically the LR Saiyamen 's best buddy. Wonder if they will get an EZA?

Still awaiting that Toppo dokkan tho.

Reizo Ryuu

One multi, why not, dyspo is too tempting; gonna get 50 stones again anyway to still pull on the str banner...

uvBadXP.jpg

welp.
This kinda justifies the insanely bad luck I've been having with fire emblem.

Shouta

250 stones, 2 Family Kamehameha Gohan, GT Trunks, TEQ Kaioken Goku, Family Kamehameha Goku, SS3 GT Vegeta, and Gohan riding that dragon.

No LR. =(

Reizo Ryuu

250 stones, 2 Family Kamehameha Gohan, GT Trunks, TEQ Kaioken Goku, Family Kamehameha Goku, SS3 GT Vegeta, and Gohan riding that dragon.

No LR. =(
That's too bad.
Seeing as how it's not a dokkanfest card, you'd have a much better chance of getting it via future teq banners; I would stop trying to chase it at this point

Reizo Ryuu

Well that's because they dokkan with ssbe and jiren medals, those events aren't available until ssbe vegeta drops.
Probably after the celebration ends.

Shouta

That's too bad.
Seeing as how it's not a dokkanfest card, you'd have a much better chance of getting it via future teq banners; I would stop trying to chase it at this point

Yeah, probably. I don't have anymore stones at the moment other than the ones that are coming. SSBE Vegeta probably will be better for me anyway considering my line-up anyway.

Dunki

wow I spend like 250 Gems and no Goku Frieza.... Back then i got Ultra Instinct Goku 2 times in one pull so I guess I used all my luck there already...

Top Bottom