• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT3| The Zero Stones Plan Is In Effect

Piku_Ringo

Banned
32598746385_21388a0bdd_o.gif

32513101421_1a297a73a8_o.jpg

31824610993_2383c5489a_o.gif

32734055985_0d2aaf7a70_o.gif

32753661145_41d47566e3_b.jpg

32258291800_48d4f9865f_o.gif

32691918906_3d5bb9545c_b.jpg

32865716716_8287d1f914_o.gif

32352475970_176b18af44_o.gif

32791410925_6fd698aa81_b.jpg

And some tips from the DokkanGAF community:
  • Close the app before getting hit by a super attack
  • The higher a character's defense is, the more HP they'll receive when grabbing a ki orb of its own element
  • When scrolling through your character list, you can quick scroll using multitouch. The more fingers used, the faster the scroll.
  • You can also reach the bottom and top of your lists by clicking on either the total number at the bottom of the screen or hitting the banner above your characters.
  • Conserve damage % reduction items and other rare item drops for late game/DA events.
  • Ask for team building advice before awakening characters
  • Read up on characters from the banners or ask for advice before pulling
  • Zawakening can increase the chance to raise supers for characters
  • Cards with the character name can be used to increase their SA during training.
  • When going over squares that give ki to a character you can close the app before the picture of the character goes away, and when you relaunch it you will be where you were before you moved and can get the ki to another character
  • Its better to have a team that links well over a team full of powerful characters that don't mesh well
Thanks to the DokkanWikia, r/DBZDokkanBattle, dbz.space, Bamco spies, The LR Kang DaWhaleDT, and anyone else who's made us want to continue playing this damn game.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Lol nice job, I'll get around to updating the OT images soon, but I'm still very busy.
Good to have a place to post in the mean time.

Reizo Ryuu

I got str SSBKK with one of the top grossing stones, and I got say this unit is fully crazy.
I've tested many, many "powerful" teams, but the dual ssbkk USS team is so far the only one where I'm able to beat super buu during his int piccolo buu phase:
400W2nD.jpg

Just sheer brute force stupid damage per turn; that spirit bomb active skill is really crazy.

Went 400 stones deep on piccolo, but only walked away with AGL nail.
Though I guess this crazy multi made up for it:

lYcHR8g.jpg

Also got fuu, gohanks and gotenks on another multi; Fuu is just stupid good and the fusions will be really good after a future dokkan, their synergy is great.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Great haul. I burned through my final stone reserves on the SDBH banner myself. And now that I see what is on the horizon on JP currently, I'm feeling a bit :messenger_pensive: I wpn't be prepared for GLB's 5th anni extravaganza.

Reizo Ryuu

We'll get plenty of stones from now till then and during. I'll also have enough red coins to just get both of them when they eventually return; not worried.

Reizo Ryuu

Who are y'all going first for btw? Gogeta looks great with all the movie scenes, but the more I watch vegetto I can't help but lean towards him, he's literally got everything from all his appearances mixed together perfectly. His punches also have great impact feel.
They did a great job recreating movie gogeta, but they created a creative collage for vegetto; it's complete vegetto saturation.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
We'll get plenty of stones from now till then and during. I'll also have enough red coins to just get both of them when they eventually return; not worried.
I'm hoping so. I will say the daily capsule is one hell of a steal of a deal, and will help a lot in further rebuilding my stock for the 5 anni. Never thought I'd be praising monetization in a gacha game tho. I used all my red coins for LR ssj4 vegeta as he is the only ssj4 unit in the game that I was missing so far, and to build a proper vegeta family team. Now I'm back up to 158 coins and 300 blue coins. might use the blue coins for a copy of teq tienshinnhan or I'll save to buy kais if i ever need more.

I haven't yet. I've just started the Androids/Cell arc.
Ok, let me know how it all goes down once you complete the story mode.

Who are y'all going first for btw? Gogeta looks great with all the movie scenes, but the more I watch vegetto I can't help but lean towards him, he's literally got everything from all his appearances mixed together perfectly. His punches also have great impact feel.
They did a great job recreating movie gogeta, but they created a creative collage for vegetto; it's complete vegetto saturation.

I have pretty much all the major Gogeta and Vegito units in the game currently thanks to a lot of good luck. So it's kinda hard for me to decide which one i'd go for first when I want both of them. But I'll say a few things.

1. By far, Gogeta's animations are the best of the fucking bunch. Straight up feels like they put the actual movie scenes into the game and said here you go. Hope bamco paid Fenyo a lot of money for making those arts too. Though I do wish they gave him a counter with the animation being the upside down rapidfire punches and kicks he gave to broly when they fell into the annals of space/time.

2. Not happy that they are basically another TEQ ssb vegito and another STR Base vegeta. Feels like they could of made them another typing to be honest, rather than reversing the typings of the old LR transforming fusions from Year 3.

3. I find it a bit weird that these are anniversary cards, are both leaders of the same new cata, but they are only 150% leaders at that. Forget the fact I was hoping they would finally introduce a leader skill higher than 177%. That tells me that these guys aren't the true main leaders of this set, and if that is the case, who will be the 170% of last resort then? Also kinda not a fan of the restriction on their active skill. But I am grateful they choose to allow them to transform on turn 4 rather than something like turn 6 or require you to be at 20% health for them to do so, like some transforming lrs I know of.

Last edited:

Shouta

Will do. I'd probably gun for Gogeta since I've got more of his units and my Fusion team is a still a workhorse for me, lol

Piku_Ringo

Banned
qmc98qdpnle41.jpg

its finally happening friends, and me without ssbbkk Goku from the TOP to run with this guy, :messenger_pensive:

at the very least I managed to farm up teq 13, and i got enough copies of agl bardock to use a sa food for his lr counterpart that i pulled from the new year banner. so we cool on that front

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Pushing the brakes on these battlefield EZA's, they are cleaning out my zenni; did goku and vegeta which are the two best ones anyway.

Reizo Ryuu

Tried boss rush 9 with namekians team just for shits and giggles.
Beat it itemless; these green dudes are no joke.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I wish I had the Namekians team but I wasn't actively playing when that banner was around. >=(

So Piccolo came out last month for GLB and already no one is using him at all nor nail. Cant even build a proper namekian team to get the bonus for the Legendary SSJ movie story event.

Reizo Ryuu

Back to 150+ stones after the EZA, everything on lock till 5th anniversary, though I might do 1 or 2 multis on android 13 just for piccolo.

EZA ssbkk hits stupid hard btw.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Anyone know how the final part of SSBKK EZA Goku's passive works? What rotation does he need to be in to get that guaranteed crit?

Last edited:

Shouta

The game is pretty solid now and it's easy to be Free 2 Play too since they're generous with freebies. The pull rates are kinda poo but freebies and coins have helped there.

I did a multipull on the current banner and ended up with the Transformation Boost leader Buu. Kinda wanted Gohan but this is fine, lol. I'll save for anniversary now. 150 and more is a nice start.

Tesseract

Banned
this is pretty fun, i like the circular logic of it all

played this while studying and listening to ambient drone, easy way to let your mind drift

you need to see it running on real hardware, brightness to 11

Last edited:

Shouta

this is pretty fun, i like the circular logic of it all

played this while studying and listening to ambient drone, easy way to let your mind drift

you need to see it running on real hardware, brightness to 11

Yep, it's pretty easy to play it while you're doing stuff and there's stuff to do when you want to sitdown and focus as well. Some of the super attack animations for the newer units are top notch. They've really stepped up their game.

Reizo Ryuu

Nah, but I did do the 3 summons on universe 6 because of teq caulifla and str kale; got both of them, dupes for int bota magetta, str frost and a dupe, and a random surprise dupe for lr phy trunks.

Shouta

I fell to the allure of godku LR and wasted a few pulls on it. No dice. Back to saving for anniversary lol.

I did finally finish AGL Blue Kaioken EZA too. That was pulling teeth with my limited pool of units in that category

Piku_Ringo

Banned
guess i was the only one that got shafted pulling on that banner?

Well looks like next month we might be getting Team Bardock LR and some ftp cards of the bardock gang la ginyu force cards

Reizo Ryuu

Phy vb is just hilarious after his EZA, he hits dumb hard and tanks like a champ too; what a silly unit they made him, I don't think I have any other units that just immediately shit out unrestricted damage like this.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Saw DaTruth rainbow star showcase of EZA VB and so far I am not that impressed by him. Still can't take a super and his counters were doing average damage. Still think SSBKK EZA Goku is better than him

Reizo Ryuu

Dunno who that is, but sounds like they don't know how to showcase phy vb then. I've run him on all teams I could put him on, including having agl ssbkk on rotation with him and it's not even close really.
He's especially potent on potara because of all the strong supports you can bring; mine is 3 dupes but he starts out at 2m, with a guaranteed additional that jumps to 2.6m -at the very least- every turn.
When you look at what he's actually doing on average, he quickly reaches 5m with just attacks, and with 2 supers putting his counters at 550k, that's at least another million on top.
And -then- you factor in crits raising his actual attack to a monstrous 8-10million in a single turn....I don't think there's anything else, save a few LRs, that can match this; agl ssbkk is nowhere near this disgusting damage output.

Also he tanks SAs just fine (after attacking) on potara since there's always a support on rotation, he starts of with 60k+ defence, meaning after 2 SAs he already has more than 150k def; if you get lucky with 4 of them, you're looking at +300% def increase and nothing but deep legendary goku or sbr can hurt you...slightly.

Shouta

After wasting stones on the LR Godku banner i am saving whatever i get now for the anniversary. Finally back at 200 but i want more for those banners.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I unfortunately was not as wise as Shouta Shouta in saving his stones. So I decided to do one multi on Coora's Banner. This was the end result.

Screenshot_20200302-114759.png

I am offically tapping out now. Will be saving stones for year 5

Reizo Ryuu

Not pulling on coola, I'll prolly do a multi on #13 just for piccolo so I can't afford pulling on coola.
The upcoming WT rewards are great though, if you don't have teq caulifla or str kale, I strongly advise grinding for the WT versions.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
That's like the opposite of my luck. :mad:
:messenger_crying::messenger_ok:iF IT MAKES YOU FEEL better he's the first new released dfe unit I've gotten since AGL FF Freeza Came out on glb and I ended up rainbowing him from chasing after Namek Goku. So my luck has been even shittier

Looks like the WT variants of Base Kale and Cauli happen to be a bit better than their banner counterparts

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Nah, a case could be made for int caulifla, but str kale is definitely overall better than teq kale; I can only see teq kale being a better choice if you're running her as a as support for LR caulifla and kale.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Not from what I'm hearing from other players, but ok I'll take your word for it. Looks like update 4.8 is incoming and saiyajin day is looking like it might be fiyah. can't wait.

Top Bottom