• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden rated by ACB

I was checking the australian ratings and saw that this game was rated recently.
http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...8fM0TEqXSOxlGDbpSSE4R%2ftGndNXVvxKpSlj9wUGFA6

For reference, this is an Arc System Works 2D fighter for the 3DS that's coming out Thursday in Japan. The playable roster is only 25 characters and includes the new version of Goku from the latest movie. It also has an assist system which contains characters from both the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.
Here's the most recent trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W68VhEGa28

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Considering the recent success of Xenoverse, I see it coming to Canada as well.

Big ol suck it to everyone that forgets Canada is a part of NA. >(

Mr. RPG

Man, the roster is garbage. :(

I really want another Dragon Ball fighting game with Dragon Ball characters in it like Roshi or General Blue. This game doesn't even have Yamcha or Tien.

giphy.gif

I was worried this wasn't going to come out after Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden on the DS not being localised. I would imagine this would come out around the same time as the Resurrection of F movie.

Really excited to get my hands on this.

Tsunamo

Glad to see it's coming over. I was a bit worried Bandai Namco wouldn't bother to bring it over because it's a 3DS release and we never got Ultimate Butoden.

Saves me having to import too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its been a while since i have bought a Dragon Ball game...but the last PV sold me on the game and Super Dragon Ball is coming as well. Hmm...

Piccoro

This is the game that will finally make me buy a 3DS, although I was a little disappointed when I found out that this game won't have a online mode... :(

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Oh yes! Resurrection of F and the news of DB Super has got me into rewatching the anime in recent months, so i am really hyped about all DB related stuffs now. Hope it get announced at E3

Great news. Thought this wouldn't get localized at all.

If it does come to the US, I believe it'd be the first Butouden game to release over here since Ultimate Battle 22.

Shauni

For some reason, I was thinking this game had a much bigger roster, and one filled with a lot of OG Dragon Ball characters. Did such a handheld game exist at some point? I feel like it did.

NeonZ

For some reason, I was thinking this game had a much bigger roster, and one filled with a lot of OG Dragon Ball characters. Did such a handheld game exist at some point? I feel like it did.

There's a large character list, but most are just assists (Attack once and leave). The actual playable roster only has these characters confirmed:

Goku
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (Super Saiyan God)
Teen Gohan
Teen Gohan (Super Saiyan)
Young Adult Gohan (Mystic)
Young Adult Gohan (Super Saiyan)
Vegeta
Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
Bardock (Base)
Bardock (Super Saiyan)
Future Trunks (Super Saiyan)
Gotenks (Super Saiyan)
Krillin
Piccolo
Raditz
Nappa
Ginyu
Frieza (Full Power)
Android 18
Cell (Perfect)
Mister Buu
Majin Buu (Pure)
Beerus
Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)
Goku (Super Saiyan God SS)

List of assist characters confirmed:
Chichi
Bulma
Oolong
Kid Goku
Baby Goku w/ Space Pod
Launch
Master Roshi/Jackie Chun
World Tournament Announcer
Fortuneteller Baba
Grandpa Gohan
Kid Gohan
Goten (Base)
Trunks (Base)
Majin Vegeta
Vegeta (Super Saiyan 4)
Pan (GT)
Monster Carrot
Tao
Turtle
Korin
Dr. Briefs
Mr. Popo
Shenron
King Piccolo
Mr. Satan (Hercule)
Videl
Great Saiyaman
Yajirobe
Dende
Guru
Yamcha
Tien
Chaotzu
Bubbles
King Kai
Kibito
Supreme Kai
Old Kai
Mighty Mask (Goten and Trunks)
Kid Uub
Majuub
Great Ape
Saibaman
Android 8
General Blue
Devil Man
Frieza (First form)
Frieza (Second form)
Frieza (Third form)
Cyborg Frieza
Frieza (Golden Form)
Dodoria
Zarbon (Base)
Guldo
Jeice
Burter
Recoome
Android 16
Android 17
Dr. Gero
Cell Jr.
Pikkon
Yamu
Spopovich
Dabura
Yakon
Babidi
Super Android 17
Super Buu
Haze Shenron
Eis Shenron
Nuova Shenron
Rage Shenron
Oceanus Shenron
Naturon Shenron
Garlic Jr.
Dr. Wheelo
Turles
Cooler (Final Form)
Meta-Cooler
Hirudegarn
Chilled
Whis
Gine
Jaco

I'm thinking about doing that, but I'm going to keep it on the off chance that it does come over, but as a digital only title.

I feel like I can never tell whats coming over physical or digital with Namco, but they've been surprising me lately with physical releases of JoJo's ASB, Jump Start Vs, and Godzilla, but then again those are console games so who knows.

L Thammy

There isn't really any reason to expect that this isn't coming. Ultimate Butouden probably would have been released if it hadn't come out so close to the 3DS' launch. I think it was in the same month.

Honestly, I wish we could get a translated 3DS port of that instead, sort of like how NA got Inazuma Eleven.

I don't even mind if they don't dub the voices, honestly(it would require like every voice actor from the series). I just want to play it.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
There isn't really any reason to expect that this isn't coming. Ultimate Butouden probably would have been released if it hadn't come out so close to the 3DS' launch. I think it was in the same month.

Honestly, I wish we could get a translated 3DS port of that instead, sort of like how NA got Inazuma Eleven.

Bandai Namco has been extremely weak in terms of 3DS support though. I am still hoping it'll get announced

Takao

Banned
I would imagine this would come out around the same time as the Resurrection of F movie.

Unless this is eShop exclusive, I doubt it's coming out in August.

Any impressions? I heard no online and mediocre combat, which kind of puts me off.

The full game is not out in Japan yet, only the demo.

Famitsu gave it a surprisingly tepid score of 29/40 (7/7/7/8), but who knows if that really means anything.

Top Bottom