• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Pbae

When do you guys get your first premium pull?

Been playing for like 30 minutes and still only have 10 rubies...

When do you guys get your first premium pull?

Been playing for like 30 minutes and still only have 10 rubies...
Did you redeem the DBUSTRAILER2015 code on the bottom of the Events page yet?
(DBEUTRAILER2015 if you live in that hideous continent that is Europe)

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
How did you get a full S team after a few hours? Just got really lucky in drawing characters?

I got a full team by lv16 (lv19 now) or so. You should probably expect to have one around lv20, as someone else mentioned. Basically used the promotion code, spent a lot of rubies on the gacha gacha and got some achievements, I think. No healer unfortunately. :/

Pejo

I got a full team by lv16 (lv19 now) or so. You should probably expect to have one around lv20, as someone else mentioned. Basically used the promotion code, spent a lot of rubies on the gacha gacha and got some achievements, I think. No healer unfortunately. :/

Hmm. I guess I messed up by buying that costume then, haha. Oh well, I have a pretty hefty number of grade B characters, guess I can keep combining up until i have another S or two.

Pbae

Thanks for the heads up.

I got...
1 SSS Warrior
1 S Archer
2 A Rogues
1 A Archer

The SSS character gives you an additional 200 Rubies.

Should I ReRoll? Should I spend my rubies right away?

Sword Familiar

Raided just now. Guy dies, gets best item, lol fml.

Hmm. I guess I messed up by buying that costume then, haha. Oh well, I have a pretty hefty number of grade B characters, guess I can keep combining up until i have another S or two.

You get discounts on buying consecutively, too, so save some up before you buy.

Oh and going from B to S seems rough. You need +4 (I think) on each character and 100 rapport as well just to go to A. Then you need +5. Yeah.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Thanks for the heads up.

I got...
1 SSS Warrior
1 S Archer
2 A Rogues
1 A Archer

I would be fine with that roll. SSS is extremely rare.

garath

Thanks for the heads up.

I got...
1 SSS Warrior
1 S Archer
2 A Rogues
1 A Archer

KEEP it. SSS is ridiculously rare. Plus that 200 extra rubies is huge.

I'm still plugging along with 3 S rank characters. It doesn't seem at all worth it to try to combine B or lower. Those are really just fodder for the As and Ss. Gold is becoming scarce trying to upgrade stuff. I have two A ranks at max rapport, one max enhance and I'm working on the second. They will become a 4th S for me.

SoraEnkai

Neo Member
Oh wow, i'm having the worst of gacha's.
16 levels in, tons of B,C's
only one S and 3 A's.

My IGN is SoraEnkai , so use that as you will.

Oh wow, i'm having the worst of gacha's.
16 levels in, tons of B,C's
only one S and 3 A's.

My IGN is SoraEnkai , so use that as you will.

I'm in the same boat actually lol

Quick question, are you guys just enhancing As with Cs even though its like 25%? I know it costs alot of money but you get it eventually as the success rate increases with each fail

Flambe

Quick question, are you guys just enhancing As with Cs even though its like 25%? I know it costs alot of money but you get it eventually as the success rate increases with each fail

Might be at the point where I just sell Cs now, so bloody expensive enhancing at 25% even.

garath

Yeah. I'm using all my Bs and Cs to enhance As. I even used a few Cs to enhance my S but realized that was too expensive.

There's just not enough enhance material, have to use Cs.

Pbae

Thank you guys, I'll keep my current pulls and try and get some more characters with rubies I received.

Sword Familiar

I try it anyway. Money seems to come and go in this game. Sometimes you get it from presents for leveling up and whatnot, so it's not a big deal, at least not where I'm at.

chrono01

Final Sky has actual German VA. I think I've never seen a mobile game of this kind, having anything besides Japanese or English VA. Totally mindblowing.
Wow, that's impressive. It's great to see it being offered in multiple languages, especially dubbed.

Holy Tales batman.
Haha, that was my initial thought too.

I'm still a little salty the game never gave me the opportunity to put in a referrer :(
Same here. :/

garath

I'm one damn SS item away from completing the GM event which apparently goes through today. And now I'm out of raid tickets :( Boo.

I hope I manage to squeeze it out. Would suck to miss out on the free pull just for one SS item.

Sword Familiar

I'm one damn SS item away from completing the GM event which apparently goes through today. And now I'm out of raid tickets :( Boo.

I hope I manage to squeeze it out. Would suck to miss out on the free pull just for one SS item.

No rubies left either? You can buy raid tickets for rubies. They're not that expensive.

Manatox

Thanks for this code. I just got an SSS character from it ^^ Guess im lucky.

Its been a fun game so far. Seems like it will keep me occupied for a long time.

You can use "Toxie" for referral if someone still needs one.

aett

Searched the thread but didn't see anything: does this require an always-on connection, or just when you first start the app? I downloaded the game at home this morning, but now I'm at work and saw a long download bar on the first screen as well as a warning about using lots of wireless data.

Dreavus

Thanks for this code. I just got an SSS character from it ^^ Guess im lucky.

Its been a fun game so far. Seems like it will keep me occupied for a long time.

You can use "Toxie" for referral if someone still needs one.

Used yours, no guarantees on me actually reaching 20 though!

EDIT: Disconnected 3 times during the tutorial prompting a restart. Yes, perhaps not. :|

garath

Is there an easier way to redeem codes? The method listed in the OP isn't working for me.

The way in the OP is the only way I know of? Make sure you're using the region appropriate code. After entering it you should see something like "Code accepted" then you will need to log out and back in to see the rewards in your chest.

LuuKyK

Is there an easier way to redeem codes? The method listed in the OP isn't working for me.

Yeah, same here. Entered the code, it said it was correctly redeemed but nothing shows up anywhere. Are we supposed to do something else after redeeming it?

Edit: Oh! You need to logout, ok. Now it worked.

SoraEnkai

Neo Member
Yeah, same here. Entered the code, it said it was correctly redeemed but nothing shows up anywhere. Are we supposed to do something else after redeeming it?

After redeeming the code, you are supposed to log out of the game and log back in, then it should show some gifts in the mail box at inn.

KimChi

how are you guys maxing rapport for new units btw?
I'm only up to the desert maps at lvl15 atm. When I max rapport for units I keep 1 leveled S unit(my highest so far) then rotate in 3 new units and take them through each boss fight starting from the first area 1-2 times which usually nets 5 rapport per battle and they level pretty quick as well. Then I just progress through the area I stopped at with the same party till they max rapport.
I keep 1 leveled unit so I can continue leveling it up to be useful in arena instead of rotating a full party of new units.
if anyone wants to add me or use referral try searching Sakia or Krusche ^^

garath

So some random musings. I'm only level 18 so take it as you will.

- S characters and above are very valuable. Each rank is a distinct step up in character power
- Combining B and below seems worthless and a big waste of resources/time. B and C should only be enhancement fodder or sold
- Having a full team of S seems more valuable than having a mix of A, S and one SS. Going to hold on to my S team for now and continue to raise A ranks to S.
- Healer is super important. The game has given me an S for every class EXCEPT healer. It's rough :(
- Upgrading individual items is useful but not nearly as important as getting level appropriate gear. Half my guys are still using level 8-10 stuff and the 15+ is a big big upgrade.
- Raids are the best source of gear. I used friend points on gear a few times and regretted it. Raids produce far superior stuff for a lot less resources.
- Friend points seem best spent on allies to use as enhance fodder. I could be wrong on this but that's what it seems so far. Haven't gotten anything better than a B from it yet.
- Money is getting hard to come by after all the enhancing I've done. Wonder if there's a gold daily or something that can be worked on. I think I remember reading a tooltip about that somewhere

I still haven't worked out the most efficient way of upgrading the party. I've been working on getting max rapport with my various A guys to combine them into S. I started enhancing S guys but realized it was cost prohibitive for now. I need a lot more money.

Not sure what the best use of rubies is yet either. Is it good to do premium ally rolls? Should additional item slots be a priority? Inventory slots? Storage slots? I have around 120 right now. Been hoarding a bit just because I'm not sure what to do with them yet. They do come pretty easy with rapport bonus, daily bonuses,etc. Don't know if that will dry up when the initial game release period is over.

Kitoro

Just a reminder, I can't stress enough the importance of placing as high as you can in PvP by tonight. It's so easy to break the top 10%, and easy enough to break the top 5%. It may be too late for players under level 25 to break the top 1%, but the top 10% and 5% rewards are great.

Also, Labyrinth only counts the highest score you get, and it's not hard to get in the top 20% and up for that. One good run as a level 35 player got me up to the top 1%.

And just one or two Guild Battle wins will get you at least 20 rubies a week.

Use your tickets and get yourself at least ranked in these weekly events, and you'll enjoy tons of free rubies weekly! Get to level 30+ and you can expect to make 300+ rubies a week for minimal effort!

garath

Just a reminder, I can't stress enough the importance of placing as high as you can in PvP by tonight. It's so easy to break the top 10%, and easy enough to break the top 5%. It may be too late for players under level 25 to break the top 1%, but the top 10% and 5% rewards are great.

Also, Labyrinth only counts the highest score you get, and it's not hard to get in the top 20% and up for that. One good run as a level 35 player got me up to the top 1%.

Use your tickets and get yourself at least ranked in these weekly events, and you'll enjoy tons of free rubies weekly! Get to level 30+ and you can expect to make 300+ rubies a week for minimal effort!

Hmm.. PvP seems a bit weird. Not getting a ton of points. Don't know if I'm going to get very high by tonight. Been raiding all my tickets away.

Furyous

Can everyone post their in-game name so we can add each other? I think everyone that adds me not from GAF is out to hack my account.

KimChi

- Money is getting hard to come by after all the enhancing I've done. Wonder if there's a gold daily or something that can be worked on. I think I remember reading a tooltip about that somewhere

I still haven't worked out the most efficient way of upgrading the party. I've been working on getting max rapport with my various A guys to combine them into S. I started enhancing S guys but realized it was cost prohibitive for now. I need a lot more money.
I believe labyrinth is the source for gold, Im only lvl 16 and could barely get through the first wave of enemies, second wave wrecks me but I got 1000 gold it.

The guild you mentioned before was BloodOath right? I tried joining it but wait list is full.
My only gripe with Pvp since im lvl16 is fighting people that are like lvl9 but with lvl 25 units lmao, just something to be aware if your under level 25 and trying to rank in Pvp which is really easy, getting consecutive wins gives so many points.

What level should I start seriously challenging the Labyrinth and PvP? I'm level 8 now, just tried the Labyrinth and got pasted.

Kitoro

What level should I start seriously challenging the Labyrinth and PvP? I'm level 8 now, just tried the Labyrinth and got pasted.

All you had to do was run Labyrinth once, like you did, to get your name on the leaderboards, so at least you'll get something for your small trouble when the scores are tallied on Thursday.

As for PvP, it's so easy to rank up fast. You just keep picking fights with opponents you know you'll win against. Keep an eye out for blue portrait backgrounds to identify S units, and keep away from red and yellow portraits to avoid SSS and SS, respectively, and make sure whoever you're facing doesn't have all their units at +5 or MAX.

Also, decline all blind challenges; too risky.

Just pick your fights carefully, build up a streak, decline challenges, and back in and out of the Arena menu to refresh the list. If you don't see anyone on the list you can beat after a few refreshes, just do something else and come back later.

You'll get well-ranked easily with this careful method.

garath

All you had to do was run Labyrinth once, like you did, to get your name on the leaderboards, so at least you'll get something for your small trouble when the scores are tallied on Thursday.

As for PvP, it's so easy to rank up fast. You just keep picking fights with opponents you know you'll win against. Keep an eye out for blue portrait backgrounds to identify S units, and keep away from red and yellow portraits to avoid SSS and SS, respectively, and make sure whoever you're facing doesn't have all their units at +5 or MAX.

Also, decline all blind challenges; too risky.

Just pick your fights carefully, build up a streak, decline challenges, and back in and out of the Arena menu to refresh the list. If you don't see anyone on the list you can beat after a few refreshes, just do something else and come back later.

You'll get well-ranked easily with this careful method.

That's the trick. I lost my consecutive bonus to a blind challenge. It was super close. Could have gone either way. Also stopped getting easy opponents. Ran out of tickets. Will hit this again tonight. I'm sure I can get top 30% at this rate

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So some random musings. I'm only level 18 so take it as you will.

- S characters and above are very valuable. Each rank is a distinct step up in character power
- Combining B and below seems worthless and a big waste of resources/time. B and C should only be enhancement fodder or sold
- Having a full team of S seems more valuable than having a mix of A, S and one SS. Going to hold on to my S team for now and continue to raise A ranks to S.
- Healer is super important. The game has given me an S for every class EXCEPT healer. It's rough :(
- Upgrading individual items is useful but not nearly as important as getting level appropriate gear. Half my guys are still using level 8-10 stuff and the 15+ is a big big upgrade.
- Raids are the best source of gear. I used friend points on gear a few times and regretted it. Raids produce far superior stuff for a lot less resources.
- Friend points seem best spent on allies to use as enhance fodder. I could be wrong on this but that's what it seems so far. Haven't gotten anything better than a B from it yet.

Not sure what the best use of rubies is yet either. Is it good to do premium ally rolls? Should additional item slots be a priority? Inventory slots? Storage slots? I have around 120 right now. Been hoarding a bit just because I'm not sure what to do with them yet. They do come pretty easy with rapport bonus, daily bonuses,etc. Don't know if that will dry up when the initial game release period is over.

I was having this problem... Just pulled and POW a SS healer!
This also allowed me to free up some space and combine 2 S units for an SS rogue.

Phew what a ride!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
are the servers down for maintenance? because it just hangs at the loading screen for me

game runs like ass during the first wave of attacks on the first round of every fight for me. It's like literally 1frame every 2 seconds until round 1 is over

this is on a brand new nexus 6

Other than that, this is pretty cool. I made an archer and am at lvl 14. got an orange quiver from the raid

I chose the 4th treasure on one victory and changed my mind and chose differently, only to see the 4th treasure was the orange bow :(

would have had the damn set and I've been kicking myself ever since.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
game runs like ass during the first wave of attacks on the first round of every fight for me. It's like literally 1frame every 2 seconds until round 1 is over

this is on a brand new nexus 6

Other than that, this is pretty cool. I made an archer and am at lvl 14. got an orange quiver from the raid

I chose the 4th treasure on one victory and changed my mind and chose differently, only to see the 4th treasure was the orange bow :(

would have had the damn set and I've been kicking myself ever since.

I think the crap performance is the processor ramping up. Should be fixable with a patch. Later on a level starts with a cutscene and everything is smooth for first attacks. The performance issues aren't there on Bluestacks.

Never change your mind in rolls! It only leads to heartbreak.

zulux21

sad face, this game doesn't like my second profile on my samsung note 10.1 2014 at all. it won't start at all, first game ever to do this. Usually I only have issues with games like PAD when I update the note.

garath

Said screw it and pulled 5 times with rubies. One S rank and the rest A :( no good healers :( :( I do hope the ruby flow continues at this rate.

On the bright side I hit level 20. Feel free to use me as a referer.

Account name: garath1
Character name: Garyck

inthrall

Tried these in South Asia, no luck :( Any idea if there is a code that works down here?

EDIT: Could be I don't have IOS, that would explain it

draw4wild

I'm tempted to just play a healer so I don't need to worry about one. Don't know if I can just auto play one tho. Nice thing is when you change classes all your allies are there with their levels so it makes catching up easy.

I have about 200 rubies now since I've been max rapporting everything B+. Still don't know what to spend on, costume seems nice sinces it's a passive stay increase all the time but don't know if I should try my luck. Have 4 Ss and 3 As but 3 of my Ss are warriors without taunts

Top Bottom