• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 10 coming to PS4 and NX

Good stuff; this is the online one, right?

Then if XI isn't in PS4, people will riot.

Of course it will be - if X is making its way over and the DG Heroes series is exclusive to PS platforms, it's obvious that XI will come to the PS4.

Obvious to everyone except Square-Enix, at least.

Occam

Excellent, if that means it'll be released internationally.

EDIT: I didn't realize that Dragon Quest 10 is a MMORPG, which reduces my personal interest to 0 (hadn't kept up since S-E stopped releasing Dragon Quest games internationally). Looking forward to XI instead, which also got announced today.

Tizoc

Imagine if during PSX 2015
They have a segment dedicated to Dragon Quest titles.

Non the less hope this game will do well on the PS4, been bummed that X may be the one DQ game I'd never play due to it being on Wii U and the region lock stuff.

It'll get localised, of that I'm sure. If SE doesn't want to bother then Sony will pony up the cash in order to make it happen.

hongcha

It's also coming to NX, as per the live stream announcement (very last announcement in the stream). Could a mod update the title?

kadotsu

Banned
The real question is how many years after the 3DS version these games will come out. Footage looked super early while 3DS looked almost finished.

Santiako

Is the NX version the PS4 version or an uprezzed 3DS version?

The ps4 version in an upgraded version of the Wii version, which at the same time is a downgraded version of the NX version, which is different to the WiiU version.

We can't possibly know yet.

developers have already moved to the NX
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Is the NX version the PS4 version or an uprezzed 3DS version?

Wii U-based regardless I bet, meaning even if it's a handheld it'll obviously be powerful enough to at least handle that, and I doubt the PS4 version will be a big overhaul.

3DS version was just streamed, which was odd but necessary likely.

lord_lad

Banned
The ps4 version in an upgraded version of the Wii version, which at the same time is a downgraded version of the NX version, which is different to the WiiU version.

We can't possibly know yet.

i'm no nostradamus but history has taught us that the Nintendo platforms are never as powerful as their competitor. I'm not saying it won't be as successful (nobody knows yet) but powerful....nah.....i think the PS4 will be more powerful than NX...

Top Bottom