• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 11 Announced! [PS4/3DS (simultaneous), NX (tentative)]

Holy shit that NX! =O

Square going in deep with DQ.

Also, I said it before, but good job making both versions of the game look equally amazing!

That 2D/3D thing is so awesome.

gifs from both rip mobile users
3DS
6JFG1EF.gif

egyVXhp.gif

uNt4ard.gif

PS4
0gyMXJo.gif

a3BRL1C.gif

PehM23P.gif

watershed

Banned
Clearly SE wants DQ XI on as many platforms as possible. And by putting both X and XI on the NX, they are moving the fanbase for more DQ games on what they imagine will be a successful Nintendo console/handheld/thing.

DNAbro

just got up to check what happened and WOOOOOOOOOW

I can't believe it's coming to NX as well. fuck yeah this is awesome.

Amalthea

Banned
Somehow I start to suspect NX is going to be a cross platform account/streaming/DL shop/OS-thing for various Nintendo systems including a dedicated NX console and smartphones.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
God damn LOL, win-win for everyone

So Dragon Quest 4 to 11 are available for the 3DS now ^.^

L Thammy

Did anyone think that they were going to hear about the first NX game today? I'm sure they were some who suggested it, but I wonder if there were any that were confident about it.

BadWolf

Maybe NX is a handheld/console hybrid and it will just be backwards compatible with 3DS games?

Either way, glad they went with the route that seems to have made everyone happy.

lol xbox

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Japan is coming back, guyz
And it's fabulous

JP

• Two different games based on the same story similar to Ni no Kuni.
That's good, wasn't sure if they were the same or not. Hopefully they use strengths of each console.
Although it was clearly an early build, I do like the look of the PS4 version. Will almost definitely get that. Not so sure about the 3DS version but that's only because I don't play with handhelds often. Not ruling it out though.

Shouta

This is pretty much the best announcement they could have went with to please all parties and stay true to the principles of DQ that Horii's used up until this point.

PS4 version for a new way of looking at DQ with those HD graphics and glorious world to experience and the 3DS version for that hint of nostalgia and warmth. Very smart of them.

As I pointed out in the conference thread, the 3DS version seems to use old assets from previous hand-held and 2D DQ games. So they decided to go with the 2D/3D linked gimmick to make up for the lack of HD graphics. Incredibly ingenious idea to do that.

klee123

Really happy with the PS4 announcement.

Looks early, but it already looks more like VIII in terms of style which I loved.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Dragon Quest XI appearing on NX implies Unreal 4 compatibility right, so Kingdom Hearts could come too?

Assuming it runs the PS4 version.

Joqu

Did anyone think that they were going to hear about the first NX game today? I'm sure they were some who suggested it, but I wonder if there were any that were confident about it.

I know I didn't, damn. We barely even know what the NX is supposed to be

Top Bottom