• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 11 Announced! [PS4/3DS (simultaneous), NX (tentative)]

Gambit

Awesome!

DQ XI for my portable preference AND (hopefully)great looking HD version for PS4.

Best of both worlds. Hopefully the games are somewhat distinct and I will play both (if they come west).

Twice the DQ XI glory!

duckroll

They're making two different games based on the same story, with the same core staff, similar to Ni no Kuni.

The PS4 version is developed with the assistance of Orca and will run on Unreal Engine 4.

The 3DS version is developed with the assistance of Toy Logic.

Irvana

3DS too ? Sad news for PS4 users, console's power will certainly be limited now.

-edit-

Oh, okay duckroll, good news.

Tabris

3DS lead platform and PS4 version will look all pixely like Builders.

Con. Firmed.

They said PS4 version will run on UE4, so different games (or different styles and possible different gameplay for same story).

I personally don't get that, a lot of time spent developing so many different products. They should just focus on the 3DS game or the PS4 game and it make the best possible. Then develop a PS4 game or 3DS game after.

I'm slightly worried by the amount of active developments SE has going right now, between all this DQ stuff and all the E3 announcements.

raven777

CK_VulxWoAAJZm_.png:orig

Well...potentially best of both worlds. Users that prefer DQ portable and those who have wanted the return to HD - both satisfied. Square-Enix gets to appeal to the already large DQ userbase on 3DS but Yuji Horii gets to make that (possibly) definitive version on PS4, while grooming that platform with more DQ titles before release. Everyone wins, I guess.

Me I'm just hyped for the game itself!

They're making two different games based on the same story, with the same core staff, similar to Ni no Kuni.

The PS4 version is developed with the assistance of Orca and will run on Unreal Engine 4.

Makes sense

Jb

Smart move business-wise! Must be tough to design a game for two wildly different platforms though, but I guess that's what Level 5 already did with Ni No Kuni.

Ah thank you for explaining this!

TriAceJP

This is exactly what I was expecting. Good to hear it confirmed.

orochi91

Excellent summary.

Is Level 5 not involved at all?

Seanspeed

Banned

Ah cool. Makes sense.

Could get a fair amount of double dippers if they're both released in the west.

Mortemis

Banned

You guys think SE will choose to just bring over the PS4 version? (Obviously if they do bring it over)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think for the future we should get used to bigger japanese games hitting the NIntendo handheld(NX) and the Sony home console (PS4).

Top Bottom