• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Special Program to air on NHK on December 29

NHK General TV will broadcast a Dragon Quest special program on December 29 at 22:00 JST in celebration of the series’ 30th anniversary, the broadcasting organization announced.

The broadcast will unravel the appeal of the 30 year-old series through episodes featuring series creator Yuji Horii and composer Koichi Sugiyama. It will be narrated by Takayuki Yamada, who will also interview Horii. Additionally, it will feature exclusive coverage at the development site of Dragon Quest XI, the latest entry in the series.

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/dragon-quest-30th-anniversary-special-program-air-nhk-december-29

Ōkami

That's the third 30th anniversary stream their doing this year.

Really cool though, really looking for more Dragon Quest XI.

''Now in development''

For real doe, it's high time to see how the game is progressing. It's been over a year since the last time we saw it, no?

Kyoufu

Looking forward to seeing how far along they are with the PS4 version and if they're ready to confirm PS4 Pro support, if any.

Is it time to at least get a trailer for the ps4 version. Feel like the 3ds version is probably almost done with how much they had to show comparison wise

ranmafan

I won't be missing this for sure! Nice timing for the broadcast right at the beginning of Japanese New Years Holidays. Can't wait! Looking forward to the new dq xi news. Also hope they show some of the live spectacular show footage as well. That was an amazing show to go to this year (one of my all time favorite video game events to experience in person) and I really want to see it again in video form.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope DQXI's localization won't be a year or more.

DKHF

Finally, DQXI stuff. I was expecting them to start promoting it at Jump Festa (and I guess they still could though probably not) but this is not long after.

Amalthea

Banned
Wait for it to just be scenes of walking around the development office, ideally with the computer screens blurred out.

alf717

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to some more DQ XI news maybe even a snippet on a Switch version.

Daouzin

Oh god, Square Enix has become king again. So much stuff this year and next year looks killer as well. If DQ games keep getting localized they will become my favorite developer/publisher again after dropping off in the PS2 era.

My hype for DQ XI Will be ridiculous.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I expected new DQXI news for December - nice to have a confirmation.

Haldinian

It's good to finally have a date for some DQ XI news.

I thought they were waiting for the Switch reveal to drop some new details about the game and officially confirm that version development, but with the January event announced I don't think they'll talk about that in this stream. I would be happy with more details and footage of the PS4 and 3DS versions anyway.

Rymuth

Exciting. Show me some party members for DQ11! And some more gameplay...and environments....

look, just show more of the damn game already, a'ight?!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm expecting this to be like a typical shopping channel and they'll be showing off all the new Slime related merch they are releasing for the 30th Anniversary.

"It's a Newton's cradle but with Slimes!"

ranmafan

Just a heads up, the show begins airing here in Japan in less than an hour. Not sure if there will be anyway for those outside of Japan to see it but I bet someone will find a way. It's only 48 minutes long and considering it's mainly a documentary about the 30th anniversary, I'm keeping my expectations on what exactly we will see about DQXI in check. Wouldn't be surprised if it's mainly just the jump festa and famitsu info we've already seen, but hopefully we get something new thrown in there. Still should be fun. NHK documentaries are pretty good especially on subjects like this.

Top Bottom