• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 35th Anniversary Stream set for May 26th

YukiOnna

New title announcements it seems and for the first time for DQ, we'll have live interpretation of the stream
Introducing the upcoming line-up in the DRAGON QUEST series. May 27th is Dragon Quest Day, and to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the series, we’re bringing you a special broadcast to showcase all of the latest information about what’s going on—and what’s yet to come—in the world of DRAGON QUEST. For the first time in DRAGON QUEST history, the show will feature live interpretation from Japanese, so that our international fans can stay up-to-date with developments in the DRAGON QUEST series, too. Don’t miss it, or you’ll miss out! Presenter: JOY (TV Personality) Special Guest: Yuji Horii (Game Designer)

Erdrick

I'm definitely marking my calendar for this stream. I'd love a full on remake Ala 11 of the original trilogy to celebrate the 35th anniversary but that's just me being crazy. Realistically, I'd expect at least a teaser announcement or some aspects of 12 shown, if not an official announcement. Hope that the DQM game announced a few years back is shown too, unless it's still in development hell. Definitely expect Dai No Daiboken: Infinity Strash to be shown for consoles, especially since the Dai No Daiboken anime is still airing.

Daymos

Wow something I care about! I'll be there hoping for some dq9 news. I want to replay that game but NOT on ds/3ds.

• Empathy
Reactions: Isa

Velcro Fly

I am very excited to see part of this is going to be available in English too.

Also makes it very difficult to keep expectations in check beyond maybe just Dragon Quest XII announcement.

Also makes me even more excited to play some Dragon Quest games as I normally do around this time of year!

sublimit

Banned
the show will feature live interpretation from Japanese, so that our international fans can stay up-to-date with developments in the DRAGON QUEST series, too

I'm ready!
QuerulousImpressionableBighorn-max-1mb.gif

FStubbs

DQ1-8 Steam Release using SNES/DS/PS/PS2 versions of the game.

Profit (from DGrayson).
I'd rather have the 3DS versions of 7 and 8 with better textures and orchestrated music.

I'm guessing it might be one or more of the following: DQ9 remake, DQ10 offline, DQ12 announcement, DQ Monsters starring Mia, more ports of previous games, Dai no Daibouken stuff.

Less likely: DQ10 MMO announced for the West.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Probably Dragon Quest 3 Remake and Dragon Quest 12 announcements.

My guess is that DQ3 will be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.

sublimit

Banned
Probably Dragon Quest 3 Remake and Dragon Quest 12 announcements.

My guess is that DQ3 will be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.
Isn't Dragon Quest 3 the last part of the first trilogy? I haven't played the first 3 games but it would be strange to remake only the last part.

FStubbs

Isn't Dragon Quest 3 the last part of the first trilogy? I haven't played the first 3 games but it would be strange to remake only the last part.
Yeah, I'd think DQ9, which is still to this day exclusive to the Nintendo DS, would be the more likely remake candidate.

Woopah

Infinity Strash and Monsters are the most likely games I think. Maybe a 9 remake and 12 announcement too.

SinDelta

Currently watching the incredible anime remake of the Adventure of Dai
, and all these mentions of Infinity Strash...that's the name of his Ultimate Technique isn't it?

XII Reveal
X single player mode and brought over to West
VIII Remake
V Remake
IV/V/VI for Switch
VII/IX Remasters
XI Anime/OVA
Full fledged Adventure of Dai game
Entire series on Steam. I mean if other giants like Final Fantasy have done it... (barring possibly a long, long FF XVI PS5 exclusive period )...

Last edited:

Metnut

Wasn’t Dragon Quest 3 already remade?

I’m thinking we’ll get a DQ12 announcement and a DQ9 (enhanced) Switch port.

Erdrick

Soon...

Edit: DQ3 was remade in 96, yes, for the SNES, but it's definitely possible for them to remake it again Ala DQ11 engine. It's arguably the most popular of the series so there would be certainly enough demand for anything DQ3 related. They did remake 3 a little bit in the development of 11 early on just to test the engine out, so... Maybe there is more to it to come down the line. Would be an excellent way to pay homage to the series as a whole.

Soon... We will see.

Last edited:

Pejo

Hoping for DQ12 news, and hopefully it's release parity not only in the west but also across PC/PS4/Switch or wherever it's launching.

Ha. That's asking for quite a lot after reading it typed out.

Question - Is Dragon Quest Heroes (1 or 2) worth getting if I only sorta enjoy musous?

Metnut

As much as I’d love DQ12 to be PS5 exclusive (or even just Ps5/Series X) I’d be completely shocked if it wasn’t PS4/Switch also. The game needs to come out for Switch for it to have a real chance to be huge in Japan.

Erdrick

DQ has always come for the systems with the largest userbase. So Switch and PS4/5 are what I'd expect it for at first. It'll eventually come to any other relevant platforms later on, based on how 11 went.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I wouldn't hold my breath for DQXII. This is gonna be DQM starring Camus/Erik and Dai

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Dragon Quest XI Ultimate Definitive final version XL.

Featuring 2 new characters and a monster raising minigame. But it has the graphics of the 3DS version

FStubbs

More Dai no Daibouken would be the surest bet.
DQ7 3DS Android/iOS ports and DQ9 remake for Switch would be safe guesses.
DQ12 is reasonably safe, if nothing more than acknowledgement it exists and maybe a 10 second teaser.
DQ Monsters with Mia, DQ Warriors 3, DQ Builders 3, DQ10 offline would be more risky.
Anything else I think is a long shot but not impossible.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

It's started. The first half is updates on existing titles first. The English interpretation stream starts in half hour.

Top Bottom