Title: Dragon Quest 7: Warriors of Eden
Developer: Arte Piazza
Publisher: Square Enix
System: Nintendo 3DS
Release: February 7, 2013 (JP) - retail/eShop
Dragon Quest 7 was originally released for the PlayStation in August, 2000. It was the only main Dragon Quest game released during that era, and it had a long and storied development which included at least one platform jump, originally being developed for the N64. The resulting game became infamous in many circles for its dated look and sheer daunting length, but is remembered fondly by the majority of fans for its interesting take on time travel, massive amount of content, and memorable vignettes and locations.
Square Enix has finally extended retailer preorder exclusive nonsense to Dragon Quest in Japan.
- Lawson / L-PACA / HMV: Slime Tray [Defense +17] - a cute tray in the shape of a slime
- Tsutaya: Slime Stick [Attack +28] - a cute stick shaped like a slime
- Square Enix e-Store: Falcon Sword [Attack +22] - a wonderful sword that can attack twice in rapid succession
- Recreated in full 3D.
- Over-the-shoulder third-person battle perspective to appease cosmicblizzard.
- Fully orchestrated soundtrack performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Class changing system with unique outfits for each character/class.
- Shard locating services such as a shard radar that marks the shards on your map, and a new companion who can give you hints about shard locations at any time.
- Visible encounters similar to Dragon Quest 9, with a fully redesigned world map to accommodate them.
- The monster park and immigrant town sidequests have been expanded significantly to take advantage of StreetPass. You can also form parties of monsters at the monster park and take them into dungeons to find treasures.