• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Builders launches January 28 in Japan

I think they're explaining how game plays. Same thing I wanted ppl to see at the Niconico stream (everyone should watch this I guess).
Oh okay, it's just the same kind of stream again.

I watched the niconico one, so I'll be skipping this one.

Although I did see something new here, with how buildings worked (when the guy tries to connect the two houses together).

Look good! Do we know the game have any multiplayer feature or this is just single player only?
Also from the trailer, it seems we can hire npc to collect material for us?
I have no idea =X

I'm guessing it'll have MP though, I always thought it was one of the main draws for Minecraft at least...

aibaby

Neo Member
Lol this stream is great too. I wonder if it will have the DQ "recruit" a monster to accompany you or something. Maybe some of them can function as mounts, harvest items, etc.

Tanston

This looks amazing and right up my alley. Sadly I have no hope of this coming to the west given the track record of Dragon Quest. Can the USA region PS4 play games from Japan or is it region locked? I've never imported a game before but I'd seriously consider this one. Do people usually post translations for menus and stuff online or not so much?

This looks amazing and right up my alley. Sadly I have no hope of this coming to the west given the track record of Dragon Quest. Can the USA region PS4 play games from Japan or is it region locked? I've never imported a game before but I'd seriously consider this one. Do people usually post translations for menus and stuff online or not so much?

dragon quest heroes is coming early october though. and ps4s are region free so feel free to import the disc version. but i'd wait on the west release. there's PSX coming up in december and they might announce it then or during PGW which is end of october.

The goal of Dragon Quest Builders is to recapture and revive Alefgard that has been taken over by the Dragonlord.

Defeating a Slime will score you a “Blue Oil” drop.

You can then combine the Blue oil and a “Thick Branch” to make a “Torch.”

Similar to Minecraft or Terraria, there’s a hunter meter as well as an HP meter. When your hunter meter empties out, it’ll start chipping away from your health.

By making a building that is at least two blocks tall, adding a door and torch to it will make it into a “house.”

By meeting certain requirements, the name of your house changes. For example, placing a Straw Bed in an empty room makes it into a “Bedroom with Straw Bed.”

Once you expand into a base, you’ll have residents appear. Having residents around will be very useful, as they’ll do things like make items for you on the workbench.

You can build a waterway to your base, which will come in handy for growing crops on a field.

While exploring, you’ll find random NPCs living in their own homes. You’ll get to interact with them, and have them move into your base or town.

The maps are said to be pretty huge.

You can equip multiple weapons at once, and simple rotate through them accordingly to your situation.

Building a house will score you some points. Once you get enough points, your base will level up, and you’ll get to build even more things.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/1...ke-minecraft-but-has-plenty-of-its-own-charm/

Top Bottom