• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes has sold 1 million worldwide (Japan/Asia)

ZhugeEX

Banned

Square Enix confirmed today that Dragon Quest Heroes for the PlayStation®4 & PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems have sold in more than 1 million units in Japan and Asia through packaged units and digital download. The game originally released in Japan during Februrary and Asia in June and it has taken less than 4 months to reach this milestone. Both Japan and Asia received the game favourably.

Dragon Quest Heroes will be coming to Europe and North America in October 2015, exclusively for PlayStation 4 and will be available as both a boxed physical release and a digital download via PlayStation Store.

The game, which was developed by Omega Force from Koei Tecmo games is just one of many recent hit titles released by the studio. Hyrule Warriors being another Koei Tecmo developed title that has seen more than 1 million units sold. Koei Tecmo will be developing Dragon Quest Heroes II for PS3, PS4 and PSV as well as a brand new IP/collab IP which is due to be announced next week.

Source: Square Enix, Koei Tecmo and ZhugeEX

Aye I think this was in the stream yesterday briefly. The slide was up quite briefly.

Congrats to SQEX. Looking forward to the PAL release.

Edit: Editing out split since I think I may be mistaken!

sörine

Banned
All of the announced DQ games for PS4 are expected to come over.
I'd cool my jets on DQX. I don't see that as even a possibility unless the profit model is revamped entirely.

If Heroes tanks that might kill any plans for Heroes II as well. Builders and XI seem like sure things though.

I'll say another 250k or so in the US. Doubt it hits the NPD charts, unless the marketing is really strong and word of mouth gives it several strong weeks post launch.

Yazuka

Can hardly wait for this game. I am so looking forward to it, a shame it comes out the same day as Tales of Zestiria in Europe. Getting both day one though.

Aye I think this was in the stream yesterday briefly. 800k in Japan and 200k in the rest of Asia or something along those lines. The slide was up quite briefly.

Congrats to SQEX. Looking forward to the PAL release.
200K in Asia is solid. Hopefully it sells 500-800K worldwide and sells 2 million overall before DQXI is out. I suspect DQ Builders is going to print money though. -_-

chrono01

I'm still tempted to pre-order the Collector's Edition, but I'm having a difficult time hitting that "Add to Cart" button when you look at what you get. The Slime plush is nice, although I already have two of them for pre-ordered a previous Dragon Quest game on the DS. The DLC weapon skins are okay, but many of them come in the Day One Edition anyway, so you're not missing out on much. The treasure chest that everything comes in will likely just be flimsy cardboard, and I really don't have use for the lanyard.

And yet, I feel I should have it, being a long-time Dragon Quest fan.

The only reason I haven't, is due to the cost. $100 USD is $130 CDN,. and then you have to factor in shipping. Considering I have the Day One Edition pre-ordered for something like $55 CDN, it'll be close to triple the price for me and I can't stomach that. :(

Regardless, I am super-excited for the game. I've watched a few streams of it when it was released in Japan and it looked like something I would very much enjoy playing.

sörine

Banned
I wanna hear ZhugeEX's sales expectations for the west. I agree with 250k US sounding pretty reasonable given the platform, pedigree and buzz the game's been getting. Maybe 500-600k overall in the west?

ZhugeEX

Banned
sörine;173396727 said:
I wanna hear ZhugeEX's sales expectations for the west. I agree with 250k US sounding pretty reasonable given the platform, pedigree and buzz the game's been getting. Maybe 500-600k overall in the west?

It will have all the sales.

Also I can't believe everyone missed the blatant hint I just gave away in the OP.

Shin-chan

This is probably my most anticipated upcoming game, except for Persona 5. Glad to see it's done well. For the next installments I'd like to see them flesh out the RPG aspects more - make it feel more like an action RPG DQ game than just a DQ Musou.

With Asia putting in good numbers I also hope the market can help to offset the decline in Japanese dedicated console sales. It'd be interesting seeing the platform splits within that 200K, too.

Good for them. Hopefully they make it 2m with the west =P

Hopefully with all the spin offs coming out now, DQ will get more popularity here too.

Also, how good is 200k for Asia? I don't think I've ever followed Asian sales before.

Gloam

Well deserved. It's a good looking, fun take on the DW formula with enough DQ to distinguish it from other Koei Tecmo releases. I have the Japanese version sitting in the PS3 at the moment and the treasure chest pre-ordered. Looking forward to seeing the multiplayer element of DQH2.

I have this punitive things with Musou games where as soon as they announce an inevitable sequel, I feel like it immediately de-values the one that's about to come out locally.

So, I'm really looking forward to DQ Heroes, but hearing the features of the sequel make it sounds like the type of mechanically superior sequel that if they were both out at the same time, there'd be no reason to play the first.

And actually, it wasn't until literally just now that I saw that DQ Heroes does NOT feature local multiplayer, unlike every other recent musou game. That's a real mood killer, and might be enough to cancel my pre-order. Hmm. : \

Problem with DQH is that, I'm almost certain it could have gone slightly above 900k in Japan if Square hadn't announced DQH2 so hastily. They could have easily saved the announcement for yesterday's event but, eh, it's done now.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I can't wait to try it out for myself. Never played a DQ game outside of 8, i hope all the story stuff is accessible

orochi91

Excellent, I hope DQ:H 2 will be just as successful.

What a fantastic outcome this collaboration has produced.

Looking forward to the western releases for both!

Abdiel

Anybody ask Abdiel about DQH preorders ?

And this is just the Asia region. I have high hopes for this game.

Shoot, missed opportunity! Someone fire up his signal!

Rofl. Hey guys.

In terms of preorders, I think it's kinda flying under the radar right now. We've got some, not a lot, but I've seen a ton of people surprised to find out it even exists. I hope se markets it well. I know I have it preordered. I have a handy list of all the games I have ordered to reference. Helps for recommending. More curious Japanese game fans finding out as time passes.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Rofl. Hey guys.

In terms of preorders, I think it's kinda flying under the radar right now. We've got some, not a lot, but I've seen a ton of people surprised to find out it even exists. I hope se markets it well. I know I have it preordered. I have a handy list of all the games I have ordered to reference. Helps for recommending. More curious Japanese game fans finding out as time passes.

It's up to you to sell the game Abdiel! The fate of future Dragon Quest localisations rests on your shoulders! Now go! Fly!

Top Bottom