• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End |Imp OT| - Homiron's Heroes

Bladenic

So the heroes can basically become the rest of the characters in terms of skills? Not sure if I like that over having their own skills, but it could be cool.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So the heroes can basically become the rest of the characters in terms of skills? Not sure if I like that over having their own skills, but it could be cool.

They do have their own skills. Although the chick with her sword and shield her skills are similar to the male MC with the fire effects. While the male MC in this game has ice like the female MC in the first one.

Outside of that you can class change them which gives them access to other weapons and skill / passive unlocks.

Its a lot better that just being stuck with a single character type honestly. Even more so if you did not like the default move set they start out with. That and helps take the sting away when you have to replace one character with another.

Bladenic

They do have their own skills. Although the chick with her sword and shield her skills are similar to the male MC with the fire effects. While the male MC in this game has ice like the female MC in the first one.

Outside of that you can class change them which gives them access to other weapons and skill / passive unlocks.

Its a lot better that just being stuck with a single character type honestly. Even more so if you did not like the default move set they start out with. That and helps take the sting away when you have to replace one character with another.

Oh cool! Guess I'm going with male MC even though I prefer the female's design (because ice > fire).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Speaking of classes, there are advanced classes which can be unlocked by getting prerequisite classes to at least level 20 and being beyond a certain story point.
Battlemaster for Warrior/Martial Artist
and
Sage for Cleric and Wizard
. I don't know if there are any more - wikis only list those 2, at least the ones I found.

Here's the sad part though - while the non-main MC (the one of the two whom you haven't picked can also change classes, but I don't think he/she can use advanced ones.

I put that part in bold, because in my case, I unlocked the first adv. class for my MC, which required
doing one quest alone
and despite meeting the requirements for the other class with the girl, no quest appeared, nor can she become the class I unlocked.

Still, I don't know if she can't change because she doesn't meet the level requirements and if I made her level up prerequisites she could change no problem.

That said, I didn't even bother with the advance class I unlocked - I'm sure it has different skills than base ones, but at a glance the main difference was being able to equip more weapon types, which I didn't care about.

Parakeetman

Oh cool! Guess I'm going with male MC even though I prefer the female's design (because ice > fire).

The system itself works pretty well. Its nice too turning the MC into a healer for example then dragging along all the damage dealer NPCs. Makes for a lot more flexibility with your party by turning the MC into something else, so you wont be forced to bring along an NPC you might not normally want in the party.

That and if you are into min / maxing stuff leveling up the various weapons to unlock the party skills (which are basically passive bonuses usually) that can be equipped in your party skill slots is amusing. And what I have been doing a lot of. As there are quite a few useful ones.

Added a short video in a later stage using Ornaze. Though dont watch if you like to keep stages fresh.

https://youtu.be/gqOvGtGpLJQ

Am so let down by the fact that there was not some special reward for getting the max combo of 999 lol. As usual the martial artist class is the best for that

May16

So how do I get this baby rocking with multiplayer on dat Vita? Since I have the same account tied to my Vita and PS4, surely I can do it, right? Like, I don't need multiple accounts to take advantage of multiplayer, do I? My wife and I wanna try one of us on Vita one of us on PS4. Not finding in the game where to do that though (though I'm only like an hour and a half in -- just got monster coins and did a battle after, got 6 party members).

Parakeetman

So how do I get this baby rocking with multiplayer on dat Vita? Since I have the same account tied to my Vita and PS4, surely I can do it, right? Like, I don't need multiple accounts to take advantage of multiplayer, do I? My wife and I wanna try one of us on Vita one of us on PS4. Not finding in the game where to do that though (though I'm only like an hour and a half in -- just got monster coins and did a battle after, got 6 party members).

I would imagine you need separate accounts.

For MP you need to talk with inn keeper girl who wears a bandana.

Lagamorph

After recently finishing the first one I think I'll give this a miss.
The first just got very repetitive and towards the end it was becoming a chore to get through really. The only reason I persevered is because I'd already put 20+ hours in so wanted to at least finish the story and side quests I already had.

I just noped out of the post game content though, just couldn't be bothered anymore by that point.

Okay guys, I"m sure one of you boned out over the weekend and beat the game.

Who's the secret character this time. Don't hold back on me.

Parakeetman

Okay guys, I"m sure one of you boned out over the weekend and beat the game.

Who's the secret character this time. Don't hold back on me.

I dont rush through games, so am still messing around leveling up and collecting resources for my accessories. That and skilling up the weapons to unlock the skills / passives and party passives.

Know Hasemo beat the game but dont think he mentioned anything on that.

---

In this game as usual the martial artists attacks are hilariously good once you get your character built up enough. And Terry is the usual death machine, just not as crazy as he was in DQH1. Its harder to skill up the slower attacking characters with their weapons so like Hassan for example his weapon rating is still 6... Most of the other characters are 10 and up.

For those looking to get a bit extra exp go Hagure Metal Slime hunting as they have a chance to drop しあわせのくつ which give a 20% Exp bonus when equipped as an accessory. Though unfortunately you are unable to upgrade them like the other accessories.

Its too bad that there does not seem to be any skill that causes drop rate from enemies for resources to increase. As was expecting the ソロバン to have that. Wonder if there is an accessory which has that ability.

For anyone that needs info on whatever heres a JP wiki. Some stuff isnt fully filled out yet like the accessory section. But others are.
http://spwiki.net/dqh2/index.html

Oh man the quest to unlock the sage class was a pain in the ass due to the level they wanted you to clear it at. Did it on the 2nd try and thank god i didnt screw up that time. Now to level up both of those classes to around 38ish. This is going to take a while. Am glad had leveled up all the jobs for both the M&F MC to 30+ granted the req was 20 was still doing bunch of other stuff and kept switching jobs. Though the highest leveled ones is the Martial Artist and Bandit. On the female MC shes the highest with the Priest and Magic User

Bladenic

Is Hassan/Carver awesome? Please say he's awesome.

Despite only playing through DQH a few weeks ago I'm 100% ready for more. Although still gotta plat that game so that will tide me over a slight bit, hopefully until DQ7.

Parakeetman

Is Hassan/Carver awesome? Please say he's awesome.

Despite only playing through DQH a few weeks ago I'm 100% ready for more. Although still gotta plat that game so that will tide me over a slight bit, hopefully until DQ7.

Not really his attacks are too slow and having to charge some to have em deal more damage doesnt help.

Later in the game when enemies start to get stronger you will most def want someone with a faster damage output.

Am sure you could modify his stats some with fully upgraded accessories, but at that point you are just better off sticking those on someone else.

Bladenic

Not really his attacks are too slow and having to charge some to have em deal more damage doesnt help.

Later in the game when enemies start to get stronger you will most def want someone with a faster damage output.

Am sure you could modify his stats some with fully upgraded accessories, but at that point you are just better off sticking those on someone else.

Noooo :(

They should've given us Milly instead

DMiz

My main problem with this sequel is that the original characters look... worse, in all honesty. They weren't anything to write home about, in the first game, but at least they still resembled the stock Toriyama designs.

These ones seem to intentionally go off the deep-end.

Did anyone preorder from Amazon.jp and get a DLC code? I thought it was supposed to come with one of the bonus retailer codes, but I didn't receive anything. I just wanted to confirm before I try to go through them speaking English.

Parakeetman

Did anyone preorder from Amazon.jp and get a DLC code? I thought it was supposed to come with one of the bonus retailer codes, but I didn't receive anything. I just wanted to confirm before I try to go through them speaking English.

the dlc code was a first print thing. If it doesnt state that in the desc then chances are no code

hmmm actually they usually tape it on the case have not had an instance where amazon jp emails special dlc codes yet.

Yeah they really did do a fantastic job with this title. Btw I can add your videos to the OTs Media Section if you want

Sure.

Maribel is my favorite DQ character. I was disappointed by how she played. Not a fan. On the other hand I love Ornez's fighting style as you can see! Her design also kicks ass.

Didn't pre order and got a code just like Parakeet said.

I got the one included in the box, but this is what I was referring to:

privilege3_s5_pic_sp.png

http://www.dragonquest.jp/heroes2/privilege/index.html?&_ga=1.50596265.1665329877.1451933244#privilege3-area

One of the biggest ! moments for me going from English DQ to Japanese DQ is knowing that Mini Demon's are called Baby Satan's in the Japanese versions.

Parakeetman

The update is out since yesterday.

DLC #1: June 2

Additional Stories

Torneko – Clear this to receive the “Slime Abacus” weapon for Torneko.
Maribel and Gabo – Clear this to receive the “Slime Edge” weapon for Maribel and “Slime Claws” weapon for the male and female protagonists, and Gabo.
The following weapons can also be obtained in the Clearing House by exchanging Medals:

Usable by the Male and Female Protagonists:
Slime Dual Swords
Slime Rod
Slime Stick
Slime Staff
Usable by Cesare:
Slime Blade
Usable by the Male and Female Protagonists, and Orneze:
Slime Axe

You know now that you mention it my 2nd PS4 copy of the game was from Amazon and it doesnt have anything attached to it code wise. Wonder if they threw the code in the box on a different paper? Dont recall getting any email about it.

Parakeetman

Noooo :(

They should've given us Milly instead

Yeah its kind weird that they put a 2nd martial artist in the game. Since if you really wanted to get nit picky about it, there are 4 if you consider Arena, Gabo, Hassan and the 2 MCs with the Martial Artist, Bandit, Battle Master... Would have been nice if she was in the game instead.

Am guessing they are saving her for the third game lol.

Sure.

Maribel is my favorite DQ character. I was disappointed by how she played. Not a fan. On the other hand I love Ornez's fighting style as you can see! Her design also kicks ass.

With Maribel she actually gets hilarious strong with her boomerang for whatever reason and has a decent damage output. The main problem is you need to get her kinda close to constantly hit with her attacks and shes a bit squishy so thats not always a good idea. Though I got her crit rate pretty high with accessories as am doing more physical attacks with her than using her Mera spell.

I usually use her Cross Cutter + Powerful Throw right after to throw out 3 boomerangs in a straight line directly in front of me for clearing out a good number of enemies. Doing Powerful Throw on its own just releases a single toss. Have not messed with Burning Bird yet to see how useful it is. As am too amused with CC + PT. This also works with her mera spell so first you do Cross Cutter + Mera right after and she throws 3 at once. Fairly useful on a single target. Even more so if its weak to magic.

You know now that you mention it my 2nd PS4 copy of the game was from Amazon and it doesnt have anything attached to it code wise. Wonder if they threw the code in the box on a different paper? Dont recall getting any email about it.

I emailed them this morning and they said it should have been in the case. They then directed me to Square Enix for additional help.I don't recall seeing it in the case, but I'll check when I get home tonight.

Wanchan

I'm 70 hours in and I have yet to platinum the game, it takes so long to farm for mini medals and each weapon proficiency. -_-

I was so happy to drop a metal key for the metal slime dungeon but it's actually a consumable, 1 key = 1 try of the dungeon, not sure where to get additional keys....back to exp grind again :-(

Parakeetman

Not a bad session got the Sage and Battle Master up from 1 to 35. Will have to go back to gold golem and dragon slaying later tonight.

I'm 70 hours in and I have yet to platinum the game, it takes so long to farm for mini medals and each weapon proficiency. -_-

I was so happy to drop a metal key for the metal slime dungeon but it's actually a consumable, 1 key = 1 try of the dungeon, not sure where to get additional keys....back to exp grind again :-(

You get them by luck as a drop from killing metal slimes. They are quite rare though. Out of all the slimes Ive killed so far only have had 4 drop. So basically dont waste them on something stupid like Lv 1 metal slime dungeon.

---

Doubt anyone will have issues getting from 20 to 30 but for those in a rush Lv 20 hagure metal dungeon + genkidama = 20 to 30 once you kill all the hagures in there. Still do not have a full party of lv 40 characters so did not test to see how much the metal kings will give with genkidama active.

Also as expected the slime weapons are worthless if you are further into the game. Basically when you have all the story characters type of far into the game.

Wanchan

You get them by luck as a drop from killing metal slimes. They are quite rare though. Out of all the slimes Ive killed so far only have had 4 drop. So basically dont waste them on something stupid like Lv 1 metal slime dungeon.

Oh then they are quite rare indeed, I've killed a lot of metal slimes, I think the key I got was from a chest in one of those "darkness" fields.

I've used it on the lvl40 king metal slime dungeon, there was 6 king metal slimes in the room. I wish the keys would drop more tho cause at L50+, even with the fortune shoes + orb, farming the hardest darkness field doesn't give much exp and it's still quite long to kill anything worth good exp...have to rely on king metal slimes but I have yet to find a way to trigger their appearance, like there was in the DQH.

ubiblu

Really want to get into this, but had to stop playing the first one after an hour due to the insufferable framerate on ps4 - literally unplayable. Any improvement in 2?

Parakeetman

Oh then they are quite rare indeed, I've killed a lot of metal slimes, I think the key I got was from a chest in one of those "darkness" fields.

I've used it on the lvl40 king metal slime dungeon, there was 6 king metal slimes in the room. I wish the keys would drop more tho cause at L50+, even with the fortune shoes + orb, farming the hardest darkness field doesn't give much exp and it's still quite long to kill anything worth good exp...have to rely on king metal slimes but I have yet to find a way to trigger their appearance, like there was in the DQH.

The keys so far have dropped from both the normal and hagures for me so thankfully you dont have to worry about a specific type lol

Lucreto

I really hope we get a Western release early next year. I can't wait to hear the English voice acting in this title.

Parakeetman

With those planning on playing this weekend weapon skill up rate has been increased. So time to start using those characters you normally do not! Lasts till Sunday, "Midnight" JST

It most def is working pretty damned good since managed to up a bunch of folks to Lv 15+ with their weapons.

Really want to get into this, but had to stop playing the first one after an hour due to the insufferable framerate on ps4 - literally unplayable. Any improvement in 2?

Actually, i'm interested in this as well...anyone? I normally don't care THAT much about frame rate, but after just having watched my wife play a little of the first game on PS4, i IMMEDIATELY noticed that micro stuttering/low framerate when the main character was just running around... Extremely distracting somehow! If the second game doesn't fix this i am not sure i could get over this issue...

May16

How do I work the Cross-Save action? In other games I've seen it just as a katakana kurosu se-bu option in places I normally save, but here I can't seem to find such a thing. Wanna get my Vita version going.

Parakeetman

How do I work the Cross-Save action? In other games I've seen it just as a katakana kurosu se-bu option in places I normally save, but here I can't seem to find such a thing. Wanna get my Vita version going.

Its the last save option in the save menu.

Parakeetman

*Points*
Thank youuu~

No problem. I have not tested out how to load the data yet, but that command should be the one where it uploads the save file to whatever server it is. Then am guessing you get the file on your other version from the main menu?

Separate note till midnight Sunday so basically midnight today Japan Standard Time, it is increased weapon skill leveling + gold drop from enemy kills. So good time to go skill up your weapons to unlock more party skills and character skills / perks.

This weeks update
DLC #2: June 9

Dragon Quest Heroes II

Boss
QBsFpe2.jpg

Estark (from Dragon Quest IV) appears as a boss monster! Defeat him to obtain “Estark’s Dual Swords.”
Additional Stories

Maya and Meena – Clear this to receive the “Slime Fan” weapon for Maya and “Slime Tarot” weapon for Meena.
Terry and Carver – Clear this to receive the “Slime Sword” weapon for the male and female protagonsts, and Terry, and the “Slime Gloves” weapon for Alena and Carver.

While the OT stuff says "DLC" its actually just free updates contain the new content. So its not as if you actually have to access any menus and such. The NPCs that start the character specific quests will be standing around in the town square with "!" marks over their head.

Last weeks update
DLC #1: June 2

Additional Stories

Torneko – Clear this to receive the “Slime Abacus” weapon for Torneko.
Maribel and Gabo – Clear this to receive the “Slime Edge” weapon for Maribel and “Slime Claws” weapon for the male and female protagonists, and Gabo.
The following weapons can also be obtained in the Clearing House by exchanging Medals:

Usable by the Male and Female Protagonists:
Slime Dual Swords
Slime Rod
Slime Stick
Slime Staff
Usable by Cesare:
Slime Blade
Usable by the Male and Female Protagonists, and Orneze:
Slime Axe

Parakeetman

Waiting for the weekend so I can finish maxing out weapon skills for the other characters. Wonder what this weekend will be. First 2 weekends was Weapon Skill Exp, then Money + Weapon Skill Exp. Missed last week since was busy so not sure what that was. Will be curious to see what this weekend is.

EricB

The Korean version of DQ Heroes II came out last week!

Korea has been on a roll with localizations lately. This, DQ Builders (which has been out for some time), the last couple of Ryu Ga Gotoku games (Kiwami and soon 0), and the Trails games. Despite having about a bajillion games to play, and basically no time to actually play them, I couldn't resist picking up the Vita version. Looking foward to it, DQH 1 is one of the few games I actually finished this year. Hopefully this also bodes well for a potential English version.

Qwark

Dang, based off of Square's recent Vita support, I expected this Vita version to be a lock, at least digitally. That's disappointing, but glad to see all the improvements they've made in this one.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This looks so much better than the first one. And I loved the first one.

Top Bottom