• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

khaaan

ehhh does this include the Goolden Axe (that was a pre-order bonus)?

I'm pretty sure it includes the axe, it's pictured and all the stuff there looks like the stuff I got with the code in my Day 1 edition...but unless you reaalllllyyyy want those items I wouldn't recommend it. I used the code once I got the first set of established DQ characters in my party and by that time more than half of my characters had already outclassed the slime weapons. The subsequent characters I got started with weapons that outclassed the slime weapons too. I'm not sure what maps came with it and whether or not they provide any value.

Klossen

Banned
I'm nearing the end of the story. The feature I was most sceptical about, the monster collection thing, is turning out to be my favorite. Setting some powerful monster minions at the right chokepoints while you go and wreck havoc in the opposite side of the map is incredibly satisfying. Once you got a chokepoint locked down with some Hell Gladiators and Tyrannosaurus, not even carbon molecules pass intact.

Hope the end-game and sidequests provides some more of this too.

I put about 8 hours into this over the weekend and I'm finding it hard to go back to. I'm a huge JRPG and Dragon quest fan, but something about this game just feels really shallow. Each character has so few abilities and I just find myself just spamming the same things over and over again. And looking at the upgrade "tree" for characters I don't see anything that's going to change that.

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game so maybe this is par for the course. I was just expecting a little more depth and strategy to be had.

I put about 8 hours into this over the weekend and I'm finding it hard to go back to. I'm a huge JRPG and Dragon quest fan, but something about this game just feels really shallow. Each character has so few abilities and I just find myself just spamming the same things over and over again. And looking at the upgrade "tree" for characters I don't see anything that's going to change that.

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game so maybe this is par for the course. I was just expecting a little more depth and strategy to be had.

These reservations is shared with me too even if I have only played a demo. I can't deal with such shallowness and lack of weight for a long time. So will wait for the sequel.

ehhh does this include the Goolden Axe (that was a pre-order bonus)?

like khaan said it does, i see the Goomerang which that was pre-order bonus too

btw, is the stuff you get from killing monsters automatically added to your inventory (after completing the mission) like coins or do i have to pick them up myself?

gotta say this game is amazing, i really like the characters so far.

wilflare

I'm pretty sure it includes the axe, it's pictured and all the stuff there looks like the stuff I got with the code in my Day 1 edition...but unless you reaalllllyyyy want those items I wouldn't recommend it. I used the code once I got the first set of established DQ characters in my party and by that time more than half of my characters had already outclassed the slime weapons. The subsequent characters I got started with weapons that outclassed the slime weapons too. I'm not sure what maps came with it and whether or not they provide any value.

like khaan said it does, i see the Goomerang which that was pre-order bonus too

btw, is the stuff you get from killing monsters automatically added to your inventory (after completing the mission) like coins or do i have to pick them up myself?

gotta say this game is amazing, i really like the characters so far.

hmm for some reason, I don't see the Goolden Axe in my inventory ._.

what happens when your ingredient bag is full - do the items just get discarded automatically?

squall211

Can someone clue me in as to how far along I am in the game? I just finished the part where
You defeat the golem on top of the world tree

Ponn

Banned
The inventory limit is kinda silly, I dunno what I can sell :(

Where's the best place to get iron ore btw?

Do some quests, you get inventory and ingredient bag expansion quests after every other chapter story. I haven't ran into ingredient or inventory problems since the first upgrade. If you are doing a quest then look at the quest, it will usually tell you what drops the ingredient you are looking for and then just hit the touchpad when over challenges on the map screen to see what monsters are on the map.

Raw64life

I'm down to Bjorn, Zoma and Nokturnus. I have Luceus at level 95 and Aurora, Jessica and Yangus at 90 and can't beat any of them. I guess I'll grind everyone to 99 and give them another shot. If not, it's off to YouTube. I guess you get Atlas after you've cleared out everything else?

Xenus

Lol I just ran across some amusing scenes...

Do the puff-puff scenes do anything or are they just for amusement? I've had one with Jessica and Terry so far.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So basically every character has one and it's just random silliness

Yeah.

Getting the trophy is a bit difficult because it's very random.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Am I near the end of the main story?
I'm going to prepare the defense of Arba expecting that big Dragon that was summoned by the Vulcano to arrive shortly

Also, once I defeat the last boss, is there a way to continue playing with the save file without passing through NG+?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Am I near the end of the main story?
I'm going to prepare the defense of Arba expecting that big Dragon that was summoned by the Vulcano to arrive shortly

Also, once I defeat the last boss, is there a way to continue playing with the save file without passing through NG+?
You're very near the end, and yes, New Game Plus isn't forced on you.

I got four puff puffs today. Also I got four of the puff puff scenes today. It took about four hours and I wasn't grinding for it.

I am close to the end though and those are the only puff puff scenes I've seen.

seriously this special events timings suck balls

they should run all day otherwise im gonna miss the 20% xp always on saturdays and is not like i will wake up at 6am on a sunday just to play

Got around to finishing the last couple of story quests and did the "Hard" versions of the bosses, then did the hidden bosses
Bjorn and Atlas.
The former was a really fun boss fight, it's too bad more bosses in the game don't have as much going on.

Powwa

Recently got this game and having so much fun with it. It's a shame it has no multiplayer though, doesn't make any sense. If they bring PSV version for 2nd game I'll double dip probably.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, post-game is kicking my ass. The Veteran Darkling mission's pretty tough, and I don't even know how I'll be able to beat the two special post-game bosses.

ZeMMiK

hello,
I'm 9 hrs in. It is quite relaxing but I do not understand quests. You can have queued up 8 quests but how can you access those quests?? I cannot find anything in the worldmap... So how can I do those quests?? at this moment I follow the story icon on the worldmap.

enlighten me:)

hello,
I'm 9 hrs in. It is quite relaxing but I do not understand quests. You can have queued up 8 quests but how can you access those quests?? I cannot find anything in the worldmap... So how can I do those quests?? at this moment I follow the story icon on the worldmap.

i haven't done many quest but the ones i did just require you to kill a certain monster or collect items from them. go to the world map and show bestiary (press option or touchpad or whatever button it is lol) of that stage and farm for stuff.

hello,

Have you gone to the quest counter (it's the lady in the orangey-yellow top)?

Only some quest types will show up on the world map. Quests that ask you to collect items or defeat a number of a certain enemy type won't appear on the world map.

ZeMMiK

Have you gone to the quest counter (it's the lady in the orangey-yellow top)?

Only some quest types will show up on the world map. Quests that ask you to collect items or defeat a number of a certain enemy type won't appear on the world map.

yes I have selected 2 quests and actived one of those but after that i'm lost

ZeMMiK

Go to the main menu -> misc -> view quests. What do the quests say to do?

i have to defend a world tree, i did those missions earlier but those quests are not actived at that time. So every time i defend a tree... maybe it helps. I will put another 7 in my queue and hopefully automaticly those quests will be filled

Hmm that's strange, the defend the tree root side missions should appear on the world map. Next to the locations there should be a picture of a scroll and the word quest. When you select the location the quest will be selectable.

I'm so close to the plat. I'm right at the final mission.

Have been working on all the final quests. Does anyone else prefer Kiryl over Jessica?

I find the defensive buff is just so much better imo. I guess a prolonged boss battle Jessica would be better.

ZeMMiK

Hmm that's strange, the defend the tree root side missions should appear on the world map. Next to the locations there should be a picture of a scroll and the word quest. When you select the location the quest will be selectable.

yep got it!! thx, that was the answer I was looking for,!!

steveovig

I just beat this today, and my main guy is around level 65, and I don't know what to do next. I tried a
Veteran boss
and got murdered and it's making me think I won't be able to get the plat. Let's say I maxed out 4 of my guys' levels, how hard are the
Veterans
then?

ZeMMiK

i was thinking it was only hack & slash... but suprised it is a bit more... with 30-40 hrs game play... I only need one game this year ... (starwars) and I'm good.

Arkeband

Banned
Two trophies left, one for taking down
Zoma
and one for farming like 400 more freaking MiniMedals for the rest of the weapons (yes I know the geargate trick)

Will I have the energy to do it...?
meh.

I just beat this today, and my main guy is around level 65, and I don't know what to do next. I tried a
Veteran boss
and got murdered and it's making me think I won't be able to get the plat. Let's say I maxed out 4 of my guys' levels, how hard are the
Veterans
then?

Make sure one of them is Terry and you'll breeze through everything.

Top Bottom