• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake Trailer

Publisher Square Enix and developers AMATA K.K. & Team Asano have announced Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake for consoles. A release date was not announced, but a simultaneous worldwide release is planned.

Here is a message from producer Masaaki Hayasaki:

Up to now, I’ve worked on various games such as Octopath Traveler and Various Daylife.

The HD-2D style we’re using combines pixel art with 3D effects to produce a sense of depth and atmosphere like nothing else.

Our hope is that by recreating Dragon Quest III in this HD-2D style, everyone will have the chance to experience the game through fresh eyes, from adults who played the original back when it was first released, to little kids picking it up for the first time.

We’re aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release on home consoles. The release date hasn’t been decided yet, but when it is, you’ll be the first to know!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

clem84

Gold Member
With DQXI and Builders2 being on Gamepass, I think there's a chance that DQ3 remake will be on all platforms.

alf717

Beautiful, but why not 1 and 2 remade together with 3 in a trilogy? :(

Looks like they want to milk it.
Pretty sure that is happening as well. Unless I heard the translator wrong the back and forth between Yuji and the other person the one fellow said to Yuji not to say much cause he says wild stuff then Yuji blurted out 1 + 2 are happening as well.

TLZ

Banned
Pretty sure that is happening as well. Unless I heard the translator wrong the back and forth between Yuji and the other person the one fellow said to Yuji not to say much cause he says wild stuff then Yuji blurted out 1 + 2 are happening as well.
Yeah. But Hori said they're starting with 3 first since it sold a lot back in the day and was popular, then they'll see how 3 performs (sales) and based on that do 1 and 2.

blacktout

This was easily the most exciting announcement from the stream, especially since XII was just a logo (and I'm honestly not sure if the darker, more adult tone they're teasing is going to end up being a good fit for this franchise). I love the Octopath aesthetic and remaking a classic game in that style makes perfect sense.

They just mention consoles for now. Probably the Switch and PS4 if I had to guess.

That would be my guess too. It's definitely coming to the Switch, since Octopath was successful on that platform and it has the larger audience in Japan, but since they they said consoles, PS4 seems like the next most likely choice. Maybe PS5 if it's not releasing for awhile.

Holy shit. That would be awesome. Hopefully we're not talking about three $60 games (but, let's face it, we probably are).

EDMIX

I'm holding out that it'll eventually come to PC. If not, I guess I'll get it on Switch.

Trust, it will be out on PC. Square has been porting to PC a lot lately so I believe you'll get it. So with Dragon Quest XI, Octopath etc on PC, it tells me PC is likely an inevitable right now.

Animagic

Banned

Publisher Square Enix and developers AMATA K.K. & Team Asano have announced Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake for consoles. A release date was not announced, but a simultaneous worldwide release is planned.

Here is a message from producer Masaaki Hayasaki:

Up to now, I’ve worked on various games such as Octopath Traveler and Various Daylife.

The HD-2D style we’re using combines pixel art with 3D effects to produce a sense of depth and atmosphere like nothing else.

Our hope is that by recreating Dragon Quest III in this HD-2D style, everyone will have the chance to experience the game through fresh eyes, from adults who played the original back when it was first released, to little kids picking it up for the first time.

We’re aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release on home consoles. The release date hasn’t been decided yet, but when it is, you’ll be the first to know!

The battle screen is 🔥🔥🔥🥵🥵🥵😍😍😍

Reactions: Isa

Andyliini

This is the only part of Loto-trilogy I have not played yet, so I'll definitely wait for this to release now. I have the trilogy for Switch, but never got around to play it. I liked how Octopath Traveler looked, but did not like the gameplay of it, but I'll certainly get this one. Looks very promising.

Top Bottom