• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI for DS announced !!

Jiggy

Okay. It may have taken three games at once to do it, but I'm stunned--something actually managed to beat out Advance Wars DS 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes, and the huge Tales announcement on my "news of the year" list. :eek: (And all of those are in my top ten, by the way.)
And Dragon Quest IX also, but by now I can't even remember if that happened this year or in 2006.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Hooray, now I'll get to play them! Wait is it one cart or 3 games?

Didn't EGM have a rumor for this?

Anyway this is the hot shit.

I'll buy all three of them. Sad part is the only DQ I ever finished was part IV.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
HOLY SHIT WHAT?

"I've been hit! What and where the **** it came from?!?" :lol

egocrata

Banned
Dragon Wha?

Joking, joking... I need to know which one is the best, though. Or a recommended playing order. Or a loan to buy them.

tanod

when is my burrito
-Eddman- said:
DS wins

Fatality

The war has been over since NSMB came out. Just leave the PSP be with its ~25% market share.

These are all running on the DQ9 engine, I'm guessing.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DQ4 DS looks to be a port of the PS1 remake which is fine by me.

this NEEDS to come here, wonder how DQ5 and DQ6 will look.

omg best news week.

Rlan

.. Why the hell did they announced ALL of them at the same time? Surely the best idea is to announce them apart, like FF IV?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Sweetness....can't wait to try them all out!!!

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Good luck with that North America.
I IMPORT IF I MUST.

Another reason to love the DS, and portable systems in general. Blasted non-region-free home console business.

Aeana

Fantastic! Nice to see the rumors finally come to fruition.

I didn't expect DQ4 to look just like the PSX remake - that's very cool. Previous rumors were hinting that the DS remakes would use the Joker engine, or something similar.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
HELLS YEAH!!! BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO GAMING IN A LONG TIME!!! S-E, get these games over here ASAP!

traveler

Not Wario
I want to be EXCITE. Remembering my time spent with DQ8, however, makes it difficult. (It's the only DQ I ever played, so it's my only point of ref.) Hopefully, SE will change that.

chris0701

What the ***,10000 post confirmed.

ps. Where does this scan come from? We just know DQ 4,5,6 remake for DS in rumor section in latest EGM.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I really really did not like DQVIII because of painfully simplistic story and slow combat, does that automatically mean IV, V and VI are not for me or do they have better(or rather more developed) stories and faster(varied) combat?

And does anyone think this means FFV and VI wont be getting DS remakes anytime soon? Cause that would really not be cool.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
EGM rumors + 1

BOW DOWN TO MANGOD

- level 5 is going to announce 4 new rpgs at tokyo game show
- squeenix to start remaking dragon quest games starting with dq4 on ds
- microsoft is funnelling all the best 360 parts to the elite model, which is why lower models crap out more
- next def jam game will be better than icon. ea knows it sucked
- io interactive (kane and lynch) making a kids' game
- next james bond game will use call of duty 4 engine

Top Bottom