• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest IX DS new pics !!

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Magicpaint said:
There is still wireless multiplayer, but online hasn't been set in stone.

The problem is that Wireless is almost useless. :(

Red Scarlet said:
Wireless multi, is that 'with people in the same room' with 1-4 carts?

Yeah, this is it.

Like Four Swords, a game that is a blast can end as a poor game due to the lack of online.

Aeana

Red Scarlet said:
Wireless multi, is that 'with people in the same room' with 1-4 carts?

In the same room, yeah. It doesn't say whether or not you can do it without everybody owning the game, though. I somehow doubt it will use download play, however.

Pureauthor said:
No, no, he meant gems that shine a golden colour!

Like... um...

... a slice of Fried Gold

shaun-of-the-dead-3.jpg

Xristot

It's weird that when they first announced DQIX it was supposed to be a huge step away from the normal DQ style. As time passes though, it seems like it's all going back to DQ style. I wonder if they did some internal testing and found that the old fans didn't really like the new direction. Or maybe the developers just weren't enjoying it much themselves. I'm sure it'll be a great game either way, it's just a little weird that they underwent such drastic changes.

Bebpo

Banned
tanasten said:
...and since then... gaming hasn't been what was in the past.

You mean it hasn't been shitty with unresponsive controls, repetitive gameplay, glitches, and cheap deaths?

Because I think there are a fair amount of modern games that still hold up those principles from the past if that's what you're looking for. The only difference is now we call them "shovelware".

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Online is gone? Er...really not present for real? :lol

That sucks. Still will be fun. DQ portable makes so much sense to me with all the grinding I usually do. Yes, I know you don't have to grind.

Red Scarlet

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Online is gone? Er...really not present for real? :lol

That sucks. Still will be fun. DQ portable makes so much sense to me with all the grinding I usually do. Yes, I know you don't have to grind.

I was looking forward to playing with others, and would've been a priest. So if there is no online, now I wonder if there is a party or solo character.

Psyduck.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Did you get/play any others than 5 and 8 yet?

No ;_;

If they'd stop releasing an FF game a month (as well as other rpgs) maybe I'd finally have time to play DQIVr.

Maybe you can participate in my summer thing then.

I'm guessing this summer thing is about playing DQ games, and if so see above :\

Btw, your avatar is changing way too fast. It's different everytime you post at this point.

Red Scarlet

Bebpo said:
No ;_;

If they'd stop releasing an FF game a month (as well as other rpgs) maybe I'd finally have time to play DQIVr.

You could play through it the same time Error does! What FF is coming out this/next month?

Bebpo said:
I'm guessing this summer thing is about playing DQ games, and if so see above :\

Btw, your avatar is changing way too fast. It's different everytime you post at this point.

See above, and it's supposed to! I don't know what srpg one you were talking about.

Oldschoolgamer said:
Boo. I wanted to play with Red Scarlet :(
Someone tell the fans to pipe down so we can get online back.

If Catts actually posted here (he has an account), he'd tell you that 90% of the time was my yelling at him for doing the wrong thing in battle or messing my turn up. Lots of "wtf why didn't you let me steal/why did you attack and not do a spell/why'd you mess up my blitz?!"

So maybe it is for the best.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Bebpo said:
You mean it hasn't been shitty with unresponsive controls, repetitive gameplay, glitches, and cheap deaths?

C'mon, when did you started playing games? :(

Bebpo

Banned
tanasten said:
C'mon, when did you started playing games? :(

Atari 2600 & the 286 era PC, when did you? :D

I've always been happy with the progress of gaming with each new system. Everything has gotten more and more fun and exciting.

Bebpo

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
See above, and it's supposed to! I don't know what srpg one you were talking about.

It looked like a flying girl unit with two swords doing a downard vertical strike attack.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so uh... no DQ4 for DS? ;_;

Im impatience, I have the PS1 version and I cant play it. shit.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
that's too bad about no online in DQ9 tho, we wont be able to play boo.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
If you're gonna do a summer of DQ thing again, I might have to give 6 a runthrough, or the original version of 2. Never beat 2, 6, or 7 (I don't see myself having the time to sink 120+ hous into a single game tho :( )

Red Scarlet

Read above, I'd just bitch at you for killing
rogueknight.jpg
before
hoimislime.jpg

I'll probably be playing the originals, djt, since it's been 10+ years for some of them.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Red Scarlet said:
I was looking forward to playing with others, and would've been a priest. So if there is no online, now I wonder if there is a party or solo character.

Psyduck.jpg

Why don't you play MMOs, scar? I could totally see you as a Priest or Paladin in WoW or something.

ilikeme

No online and back to turn-based?

I thought it sounded awesome runnin' round grinding with friends in the cutesy world of DQ. And it might have gone fast and had responsive controls, and that feel of actually controlling anything, more like Diablo and Mario than WoW or DQ.

Oh well, they don't want to cater to my tastes dem bastards!

carlos

Aeana said:
It's okay, we'll all head down to Mexico Puerto Rico to play with you.

Heck, count me in if you do that ;) I'm already here anyways
I'm a veteran of DQ 1,3,5,6,7,8
Dissapointed with lack of wifi, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Red Scarlet

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Why don't you play MMOs, scar? I could totally see you as a Priest or Paladin in WoW or something.

Not a fan of/can't afford subscription fees, I like games that end within a reasonable amount of time so I can play something else, and if I got sucked in I would disappear.

firex

wow. I just now read the past 3 pages of the topic and read about the no online... that kind of sucks, but I'm loving the idea of the create a character stuff. I'll be ecstatic if they start the game out with you going to a tavern and creating 3 other characters to follow your party.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This sucks, I have only one real life friend who'll definitely be buying this game (so we can do multiplayer), but I wouldn't mind playing this one online... even though I'm not much of an online gamer. Ahhh well.

Top Bottom