• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest press event to be held on 7/28 in Japan, livestreamed, "main series"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The stream runs from 17:00-18:30 Japanese time.

t1438070400z0.png

Nico: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv228323323
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kgmb_k3q5U

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revealed in the latest issue of Jump magazine alongside this week's DQ scoops (Hoshi no DQ and DQ Heroes II), Square Enix will be holding an event next week on 7/28 with a focus on the series. Jump is promising information on "that big title" in their 8/3 issue as well which seems to point to a Dragon Quest 11 announcement.

The scans says the event will be livestreamed so we'll likely hear official details soon.

Oregano

Should we be keeping an eye out for subtitles trademarks?

DQX's subtitle was out a little bit before the announcement right?

With the event being on a Tuesday, It would make sense that the game they are talking about will be announced in Weekly Shonen Jump the day before, Since there doing there weeks of Dragon Quest 'Scoops'

EDIT: Sorry didn't read whole OP

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I still think its too soon for a DQ11 unveiling...but they wouldnt have a press conference for only another spin-off. Hmm...

The fact that they are unveiling it now probably means its indeed for PS4 and they wanna get the fact outta the way soon so it already affects console sales. Spring 2016 JPN release doesnt seem so crazy anymore...but we will see.

OMG I can't take this, 3DS or PS3/4, the tension is killing me.

not really, I owned both platform, unless it's New3DS exclusive

I still think its too soon for a DQ11 unveiling...but they wouldnt have a press conference for only another spin-off. Hmm...

The fact that they are unveiling it now probably means its indeed for PS4 and they wanna get the fact outta the way soon so it already affects console sales.

Wasn't DQ9 announced years before the official release? If anything the announcement is way too late.

If it's on a handheld, fuck the whole world.

Edit - I got banned for saying that last time, let's just say I would be really happy with a home console release. If it was only on a handheld, unfortunately the game would be a miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom