• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest press event to be held on 7/28 in Japan, livestreamed, "main series"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgeEighty

Logo Leaked
Uv90K3a.jpg

itshappening.gif

duckroll

Based on how the logo leaked, we can expect news entries on the Dragon Quest main portal site tomorrow with the following news in this order:

- Dragon Quest Monster Battle Scanner
- Dragon Quest XI
- Dragon Quest news article with generic Portal App logo
- Dragon Quest Heroes II
- Dragon Quest Star
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

One of the generic logo updates could be a news update for Dragon Quest Builders, which doesn't seem to have its own logo on the DQ portal site yet.

Scrawnton

Hype is through the roof for me. I don't even care what platform it's on. Be it 3DS or PS4, I'm gonna play the heck out of this game.

Spiegel

Based on how the logo leaked, we can expect news entries on the Dragon Quest main portal site tomorrow with the following news in this order:

- Dragon Quest XI
- Dragon Quest Heroes II
- Dragon Quest Star
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

One of the generic logo updates could be a news update for Dragon Quest Builders, which doesn't seem to have its own logo on the DQ portal site yet.

Nah, it's there

http://cache.www.dragonquest.jp/thumb/news/1380.jpg

I guess we won't see anything about DQB or DQMJ3.

salromano

- Dragon Quest XI
- Dragon Quest Heroes II
- Dragon Quest Star
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

For some reason, the most recent DQ Builders update used that Portal App thumbnail: http://www.dragonquest.jp/news/detail/1393/

But the first story about it did indeed have a logo: http://www.dragonquest.jp/news/detail/1380/

I would consider 3DS and PS4 a console in context of "it's not a mobile game," but it doesn't matter to me which one. If it's PS4 then that's amazing. I expect it to be there. If it's 3DS, I'm not gonna be salty.

This is how I feel. I think really, people should prepare themselves for the possibility that this isn't a 3DS game, rather than making up all of these reasons why it won't happen. It could, easily, and there is plenty reason for it. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I would consider 3DS and PS4 a console in context of "it's not a mobile game," but it doesn't matter to me which one. If it's PS4 then that's amazing. I expect it to be there. If it's 3DS, I'm not gonna be salty.

Oh, right. I could have sworn someone mention it was a console game directly.

Whatever system it is on, I'll wait for a localization confirmation before buying it, if I don't already have it.

DQ is my favorite series, so I'll go where it goes.

Scrawnton

Oh, right. I could have sworn someone mention it was a console game directly.
Not getting the words exactly correct, but when asked if this was a mobile game, he (Yuji Hori) said games are best suited for the platform they're designed and that DQ11 was designed for a console with a controller. That to me can mean either 3DS or PS4. Not sure if he meant played on a tv though.

Wynnebeck

Banned
It doesn't need to be reinvented; not every turn-based RPG franchise needs to be turned into action. Turn-based still has a lot of fans.

Everybody agrees that the old games from FF and other franchises were better, yet everybody seems to want new ones to be nothing like them for some bizarre reason.

lol This makes no sense at all. People like the older games better because they actually were better. It has nothing to do with the gameplay. It also explains why people are excited for XV. It's the first Final Fantasy of its kind to have gameplay that's more in line with Kingdom Hearts. Kinda ridiculous how protective of turn based gameplay some people are. Your precious systems aren't going away anytime soon so chill.

Probably some companion app for Battle Road?

That make sense too but the market of toys to life is so incentive that I can't see SE not trying with one of their IP.
lol This makes no sense at all. People like the older games better because they actually were better. It has nothing to do with the gameplay. It also explains why people are excited for XV. It's the first Final Fantasy of its kind to have gameplay that's more in line with Kingdom Hearts. Kinda ridiculous how protective of turn based gameplay some people are. Your precious systems aren't going away anytime soon so chill.

Wait it's better not because of the gameplay? Then it's better because of what?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Not getting the words exactly correct, but when asked if this was a mobile game, he (Yuji Hori) said games are best suited for the platform they're designed and that DQ11 was designed for a console with a controller. That to me can mean either 3DS or PS4. Not sure if he meant played on a tv though.

I'd say that sounds far more likely to be Console and not a handheld. It could be both of course.

Has anyone got the numbers for DQH in Japan?

- Dragon Quest XI
- Dragon Quest Heroes II
- Dragon Quest Star
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

Whats Dragon Quest Star?

where's the source for this?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Wait it's better not because of the gameplay? Then it's better because of what?

You know what I meant. Meaning the games aren't automatically better because they were turn based games. The older games were better because they had better characters, better stories, etc. that helped culminate into the classics they are today. Games like the XIII series sucked because SE tried pushing an unlikable cast of characters in an unimaginative world on players and then did it again two more times despite the gameplay itself being quite good. In any case, I would be interested in a ARPG styled mainline DQ, but I'm just happy we're getting a console DQ for the first time in years at all.

duckroll

Actually, looking at the way the site is build again, it seems they don't always do updates in the exact order. There are unused entries for 1390 (Dragon Quest Builders) and 1395 (something related to Dragon Quest III) as well. It makes it less predictable, but there are definitely a ton of updates coming tomorrow lol.

You know what I meant. Meaning the games aren't automatically better because they were turn based games. The older games were better because they had better characters, better stories, etc. that helped culminate into the classics they are today. Games like the XIII series sucked because SE tried pushing an unlikable cast of characters in an unimaginative world on players and then did it again two more times despite the gameplay itself being quite good. In any case, I would be interested in a ARPG styled mainline DQ, but I'm just happy we're getting a console DQ for the first time in years at all.

Oh I misunderstood, I thought u mean DQ lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom