• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest press event to be held on 7/28 in Japan, livestreamed, "main series"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron

N-Gage exclusive.

But seriously, it's for PS4. And probably PS3, and maybe Vita (which would be hilarious in a way).

A ps4 and vita version is my dream. I hope that's what happens, will double dip.

The show is 1:00am pacific? Guess I will read about it in the morning!

Aeana

I don't care much for traditional menu-driven JRPGs, either, but hey, not every game needs to be for me.
You're also talking about the most conservative RPG series on the market. It's not going to change dramatically. You know what to expect, for the most part.

gtj1092

So pumped up DQ8 is the most I ever played any game.

The timing is perfect for the stream too since I usually wake up at 430 anyways.

Still worried I might be disappointed. Just hope when they say console they mean Wii U, ps3/4 or even 360/X1.

Bitanator

I feel it will be for multiple consoles, it would be cool if it was PS3/4 and Wii U to satisfy everyone, drive the fanbase who is owns either/all device

There is an actual chance since DQH2 and Dragon Quest Builders are PS4/PS3/Vita.

I would not dream too much, they say tears are just as wet when you are asleep

Only one I've ever played was 8 on PS2, hope its on console again as well for the grand big screen experience.

Still think level 5 like deal might be in place, but wouldn't be surprised to see DQ go back to PS. MH was just as much a surprise, these Japanese devs seem to do whatever they want lol, back n forth with ninty and Sony.

Rymuth

You're also talking about the most conservative RPG series on the market. It's not going to change dramatically. You know what to expect, for the most part.
You reminded me of this one quote I read somewhere - "Dragon Quest is like comfort food. You know what you're getting no matter how many games later."

Might be a tad oversimplifiying but I understand the sentiment

I am reminded me of this quote I read somewhere - "Dragon Quest is like comfort food. You're know what you're getting no matter how many games later."

Might be a tad oversimplificating but I understand the sentiment
Yea its why I haven't been bothered to play all the 3ds ones, I will finally go back and play the best 3DS rpgs this year actually, but its not like missing the FF or KH series. DQ doesn't change that much. Still liked what level 5 did with the monster in that game, so hope pets come back in the next DQ.

Well, DQIX had real-time combat when it was first revealed, but I can't see them going down that road again either.

Arkeband

Banned

Right? This is a series that still uses a black and white command menu and 8-bit sound effects.

DQ may evolve, but its entire identity is "old-school". That's it's backbone.

That, and slimes.

KoopaTheCasual

So pumped up DQ8 is the most I ever played any game.

The timing is perfect for the stream too since I usually wake up at 430 anyways.

Still worried I might be disappointed. Just hope when they say console they mean Wii U, ps3/4 or even 360/X1.
Do you want everyone on gaf to be banned because of meltdowns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom