Dragon Quest Sword , Gundam 0079 new screens

LocoSWE

Aug 28, 2006
Im really looking forward to DQS, too bad that the game is probably going to be released really late here.

Eteric Rice

Jan 13, 2007

The above needs flora or something, but other than that it looks good.

Gundam has pretty good character models, but the terrain is so plain and has a lot of repeating textures.

They both look fun, though. Especially DQS!

Wonder if 0079 will have online?

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Jan 28, 2007
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I am so insanely stoked for DQS. I don't know why... there's just something about slashing the crap out of golem that I find appealing. Probably because they pwnd me back when I played the original Dragon Warrior (hah!).

Riddler

Jun 10, 2004
Acosta said:
You are being too kind.

That church is N64 level.

Come on...
The only thing I dont like is that its not widescreen. Other than that I cant wait for DQS!!

Insertia

Jun 8, 2004
Seriously, I looked at the aspect ratio of the screens and thought to myself "damn devs are finally tapping into the power of DS".

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Oct 14, 2005
Insertia said:
Seriously, I looked at the aspect ratio of the screens and thought to myself "damn devs are finally tapping into the power of DS".
So you clicked a thread without reading the title? Kind of like a thread roulette?

Parl

Sep 15, 2006
Nottinghamshire, UK
I remember DQS looking much better. And Gundam's graphics looks a pretty poor overall. DQS should be great though and it'll tear the charts up in July.

CaVaYeRo

Jun 28, 2006
Parl said:
I remember DQS looking much better. And Gundam's graphics looks a pretty poor overall. DQS should be great though and it'll tear the charts up in July.
me too.

zallaaa

Jan 10, 2007
Italy

love the game, I hope is a lot of fun and sales especially so to lead even more Squenix love to the nintendo side

f@luS

More than a member.
Mar 9, 2005
this seriously looks insanely bad....wtf is really wrong

Thoren

Banned
Mar 26, 2007
Chicago
I remember being very impressed by DQS's graphics by the demo before, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Apr 11, 2007
Ynos Yrros said:
*waits 10 hours for next frame*

seriously though, the models still look good, but the enviroment textures need some serious work. i can deal with it if the gameplay is good though. i just hope it has online for the US release.

Speevy

Banned
Jun 26, 2004
They should port Dragon Quest 8 to the Wii.

Every character in the game already has a weapon. It's a pretty common sense transition.

Jasoco

Banned
Nov 5, 2004
Doylestown, PA
jstereo.blogspot.com
Is Swords a full fledged DQ RPG? Or some sort of game I won't enjoy? What exactly is it?

Also, I agree with porting DQ8 to the Wii.
Or Xbox 360.. but not PS3. **** the PS3.
I'd buy it again just to have a much nicer looking game on my HDTV.
See what I did there? Because the PS2 version looks like shit on a 16:9 HDTV. So I was slamming the PS2. Because it's fun.

Shapingo

Sep 23, 2004
Jasoco said:
Is Swords a full fledged DQ RPG? Or some sort of game I won't enjoy? What exactly is it?

Also, I agree with porting DQ8 to the Wii.
Or Xbox 360.. but not PS3. **** the PS3.
I'd buy it again just to have a much nicer looking game on my HDTV.
See what I did there? Because the PS2 version looks like shit on a 16:9 HDTV. So I was slamming the PS2. Because it's fun.

I believe it is an "on rails" first person slasher. If it played like oblivion it could have been really cool. I hope they make a real DQ game for wii even if it uses DQ8's engine.