• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Wars for the DSiware

king zell

YRwR59y7nbChFQQg5988BPChV4Ps1dKX.jpg

Fo71iYF8m16uw9ONJ544Qaa2QYp26O67.jpg
YkGEuCVs9h8Cz3654DFLbd3G78vHwTwP.jpg

- The first of 6 DSi-exclusive games from Square-Enix & Intelligent Systems in the works (doesn't specify if the rest are DSiWare or DSi-cart games)
- Supervisor is series creator Yuji Horii. Art director is Akira Toriyama. Music by Kouichi Sugiyama.
- Control classic monsters from the Dragon Quest series, each with different stats and skills.
- 4-player online multiplayer battling confirmed.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1224208_1124.html

larvi

What type of game is it? SRPG? Card battle? I'm interested if it makes it to the states unless it's just mini or party games.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
EmCeeGramr said:
It's some kind of SRPG with DQ monsters. Wi-Fi battling, 500DSi Points.

Finally DSiWare is getting some good stuff....

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I non Puzzle Game, that's actually a game on DSi Ware? No wai.

Alphahawk

larvi said:
What type of game is it? SRPG? Card battle? I'm interested if it makes it to the states unless it's just mini or party games.

Knowing the DSi games so far, I'd wager it's a fucking alarm clock.

I keed, I keed

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fuck, now I need a DSi. If anything with Kirby is shown, I'll have to stop holding out for a cool color.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I was hoping this was a full game based off the castle wars minigame in the DQ slime adventure game :(

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Beezy said:
I never said that they make shit, genius.

I never said you did.

I do, however, laugh at your questioning of my spending habits in a thread dedicated to a game that somehow combines Dragon Quest and Intelligent Systems; an event so rare that surely certain astrological alignments of cosmic proportions are underway. I laugh.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mejilan said:
I never said you did.

I do, however, laugh at your questioning of my spending habits in a thread dedicated to a game that somehow combines Dragon Quest and Intelligent Systems; an event so rare that surely certain astrological alignments of cosmic proportions are underway. I laugh.

I agree that the amalgamation of DQ and IS is of monumental proportions. I'm very excited. That said, IS is not perfect. They made Super Paper Mario. :(

That said, I bought my JP DSi just for the download store, and I'm suddenly happy I did. I'm soooo all over this.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Easily the weakest Paper Mario, I'll grant you. But it was still a pretty nice game, all things considered. It had no trouble carrying my interest through to completion. And the humor, as expected, was very much intact. If that's the worst IS can manage... :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mejilan said:
Easily the weakest Paper Mario, I'll grant you. But it was still a pretty nice game, all things considered. It had no trouble carrying my interest through to completion. And the humor, as expected, was very much intact.

But then then they made Card Hero for DS!

thetrin

I will kill someone if it means S-E makes a DQ brand game for iPhone.

Seriously, it could be anything.

BishopLamont said:
That logo is so stupid, they might as well just call it Dragon Quest.

YOUR FACE IS THE ONE THAT IS SO STUPID

Top Bottom