• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X coming to the Wii U on 3\30 with a bundle also

king zell

img01.jpg

http://www.dqx.jp/news/?newsNum=2013_005

Come on now...the only major Wii U game not localized in the USA? This must come over...anything for the Wii U would be good at this point.

Teknoman

Man...DQX and MH3U...really needs some NA release news. Unfortunately, the next third party direct is 3DS only I think.

Yuripaw

Banned
New thread got me so excited thinking it was coming to US for some reason...should've known better.

Edit: Not to say ZombiU is a bad game, it's pretty good actually, but I really wish I lived in a region that sold system bundles with RPGs rather than action/zombie/shooter games =/ I know we get them sometimes, with something like the 3DS fire emblem, or Final Fantasy 13 on xbox 360...but it's not as common.

Come to NA with the Monster Hunter free-online treatment and I'm in.

The thing is, Square-Enix has been adamant that this game exists because subscription costs are a big moneymaker for them. I can't see them ditching it for America even if that's the smart move.

wonder if any Wii U hardware sales will be bumped in JP

I am still extra jelly, I would love this in NA for my Wii U :(

I don't think so. It's not like people didn't know of DQX wii u before and the people that already have it don't have much reason to migrate from the wii to the wii u

nordique

The thing is, Square-Enix has been adamant that this game exists because subscription costs are a big moneymaker for them. I can't see them ditching it for America even if that's the smart move.

Exactly

Not meaning to offend any hardcore DQ players in the west, but it would likely be a niche titles anyways and appeal to only the core base who wouldn't mind paying monthly to enjoy the title

I wonder how many people would abuse "kids time" if the game is brought over to the states and how many users play only during kids time in Japan

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

I mean, it has more of a "right" to be for-pay, since it is a traditional MMO, but... yeah, even though the market isn't there I can see SE doing it anyways, they don't care about marketshare as much as wringing some money out of the few western DQ diehards.

I remember in another thread someone had the idea of releasing this game to the states and tying this game's subscription price to FFXIV: ARRR so that you only paid one fee. It seemed like a good enough of an idea to me. Would it actually work and would square-enix do it?

Tagg9

So its not coming to the west is it?

Dragon Quest traditionally sells like 1/10th the amount of units in North America compared to how it does in Japan.

So it's certainly possible that they could skip it, but ever since VII they've consistently brought them to the west.

Dragon Quest traditionally sells like 1/10th the amount of units in North America compared to how it does in Japan.

So it's certainly possible that they could skip it, but ever since VII they've consistently brought them to the west.

Things change, though.

While I would not necessarily be surprised if they brought it over (or any more DQ games period), Square-Enix has been reluctant to continue the series in America. DQVI DS was cancelled and picked up by Nintendo. DQMJ2 was published by Nintendo and mega-bombed. Terry's Wonderland didn't even come here period, neither did Rocket Slime, when previous games in those series did.

It might be that Square-Enix is done with the series in the US and Nintendo might only be interested in traditional mainline releases on their systems.

For anyone that can't be bothered to look at a wall of Japanese text or Google translate it the bundle is 42000yen includes console, game, pro controller and an eshop card

urfe

42,000 yen the bundle doesn't exactly scream a good deal.

Regardless, this may be how I pick up a Wii U.

Kandinsky

In this case then, the smart thing to do is, sadly, not release it at all over here.

Magpul

Banned
If this comes to the US I think I'll have to get a Wii U.

By the way, you should state the release country in your title.

I don't think so. It's not like people didn't know of DQX wii u before and the people that already have it don't have much reason to migrate from the wii to the wii u

still wonder how rabbid those fans are in Japan because if SE did not see any reason to port it from Wii to Wii U why was it a day 1 announcement

I believe maybe the plan is to keep updating the MMO on Wii U after the Wii has died out

Tagg9

Things change, though.

While I would not necessarily be surprised if they brought it over (or any more DQ games period), Square-Enix has been reluctant to continue the series in America. DQVI DS was cancelled and picked up by Nintendo. DQMJ2 was published by Nintendo and mega-bombed. Terry's Wonderland didn't even come here period, neither did Rocket Slime, when previous games in those series did.

It might be that Square-Enix is done with the series in the US and Nintendo might only be interested in traditional mainline releases on their systems.

Sorry, I should have clarified that I meant mainline releases.

But you are absolutely right in that there is a worrying trend in regards to Square Enix publishing DQ games.

Top Bottom