• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X coming to the Wii U on 3\30 with a bundle also

Anth0ny

I wonder if this will move units.

Considering everything has gone wrong so far, I wouldn't be surprised if players are content with the Wii version and ignore this entirely.

Seik

Banned
Things change, though.

While I would not necessarily be surprised if they brought it over (or any more DQ games period), Square-Enix has been reluctant to continue the series in America. DQVI DS was cancelled and picked up by Nintendo. DQMJ2 was published by Nintendo and mega-bombed. Terry's Wonderland didn't even come here period, neither did Rocket Slime, when previous games in those series did.

It might be that Square-Enix is done with the series in the US and Nintendo might only be interested in traditional mainline releases on their systems.

My dear Alberto, we actually have Rocket Slime! :)

e55RnZD.png

EDIT: Oh...I just saw there is a Rocket Slime on 3DS. I understand now, my bad. :(

lupin23rd

Considering everything has gone wrong so far, I wouldn't be surprised if players are content with the Wii version and ignore this entirely.

Guess it will depend on how many people actually decided to wait for this version instead of picking up the Wii release. I can't imagine that number is crazy high, but it will probably do well enough.

Is anyone importing? I'm curious what it will take to get the game running from outside Japan, I may pick this up before I head back home to Canada. Or maybe just pick up the cheaper Wii version and hope we get the Wii U one in English at some point.

It certainly will give the Wii U a one week boost, but unless Japan was just waiting for the Wii U version, this game already exists on Wii where people have paid subscriptions so it won't be that big.

Looks like DQ VIII uprendered 2-3 times in PCSX2 with generous amounts of MSAA added to it..

Wii U sales to spike in April's MediaCreate thread?

It would be smart if SE released an expansion the same day and included this expansion in WiiU version, they'll increase the value of the WiiU version and refresh the interest in the game with new content.

I hate MMOs but Love Dragon Quest, but I'll buy the game if it comes over.

If you liked IX, you'll love this. It plays more like DQ-Online than DQ-MMO, it doesn't force online on you and even provides support systems to help those who don't like playing with others etc. whilst still giving you the updates and additional content that MMOs benefit from.

Two new jobs announced this morning for instance! I'm loving this game and can't wait for the WiiU version to come out.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I've read that the Wii owner should pass the subscription fee to the Wii U version importing the profile data. Am I wrong? Otherwise I don't see this game selling at all.

Cool. I'm a DQ fan but have little interest in both MMOs and the WiiU at the moment, but I'm glad to hear that this is coming to the US anyway. Maybe someday this will be for me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You should've stated [JP] in thread title, op. For a second I thought there was bombs dropping all over the west here. :)

BD1

Banned
I wish this would come to NA, but I just don't know if its economically feasible to release here. Maybe if Nintendo offers to bring it over, but I wonder if they even see a worthwhile return on investment with DQ? Especially these days, when they'll probably be much more focused and targeted in their investments.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Does the Wii U version have Off TV Play? I would never get any sleep. I'd lay in bed to all hours of the morning, grinding away on the GamePad like a crack head.

Yes it has Offtv.
I'd buy it day one if it come to the west with the free-online a là MHTri.

Top Bottom