• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X launches for PS4 on August 17, Switch September 21 (Japan)

DKHF

Dragon Quest X (the MMO) launches for PS4 on August 17, Switch September 21 (Japan), announced on stream.

0ngRagZ.png

Beta for PS4 and Switch versions will run from July 19 - August 10, signups here http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DQXBETA2017/

DQX Switch gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMA6HO0wzJk

i read dqxi and september and was like... yay and then i saw DQ X and i was like...yeah...

hopefully DQX will be playable outside of japan

urfe

Sure I'm one of the many who first misread this as the XI Switch release date, and had their heart do a jump.

I got the WiiU version when it was free, so I think I can get this for free? Haven't tried it yet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why not release them together if they are that close? Seems pointless.

Sharing the initial server load between two releases dates makes more sense...also gives them time and resources to fix the PS4 release if they have some post release issues/woes.

The people who wanna play it on Switch will wait for that version anyway.

Oregano

Sharing the initial server load between two releases dates makes more sense...also gives them time and resources to fix the PS4 release if they have some post release issues/woes.

A month isn't exactly a long time to fix any issues.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
A month isn't exactly a long time to fix any issues.

We are talking about maintaining the PS4 release after launch - they have to fix issues in hours/days if they dont wanna piss off customers. This is a MMO/Service game, not a standard SP game.

It makes sense to make sure that the PS4 version is running fine first, instead of opening the floodgates for both version at the same time. Support resources are also limited, depending on the number of new players on both systems it makes sense to have a staggered release.

Splatoon- July
Monster Hunter- August
Dragon Quest- September

Japan's Switch lineup is killing it. Only thing missing is Pokemon for October. Then Mario in November and Xenoblade 2 in December.

crinale

I also think so.

KrawlMan

Shit. I read XI in the title thinking there was a sudden Switch release date announcement. Sounded too good to be true :p

Philippo

Really hoping that one of those two comes to the West, DQX on the Switch would be killer with a few friends.

Splatoon- July
Monster Hunter- August
Dragon Quest- September

Japan's Switch lineup is killing it. Only thing missing is Pokemon for October. Then Mario in November and Xenoblade 2 in December.

That's actually impressive for the first year of a console.

Amalthea

Banned
I wonder if you can play it with a Western Switch using a Japanese account or are they going to have a seperate region lock for DQX online component?

I'm seriosuly thinking about simply trying it with a guide or something since I'm sick of waiting for a Western release that won't ever happen.

KtSlime

I wonder if you can play it with a Western Switch using a Japanese account or are they going to have a seperate region lock for DQX online component?

I'm seriosuly thinking about simply trying it with a guide or something since I'm sick of waiting for a Western release that won't ever happen.

If you use a proxy with a Japanese IP address you should be fine.

Gloam

It's an MMO, you don't need super twitch response times. I've never had a single issue while playing using a VPN.

I remember when the 3DS version came out it didn't require a VPN to play. Was that on account of the 'cloud' nature of the game?

I imagine the Switch version will require a VPN connection to play outside of Japan. May as well give it a go when it releases and avail of the Wii version upgrade.

Effect

Switch version should clean up then. If you're super invested one doesn't want to start from the beginning when it comes to an mmo if they can help it. Additionally portable version would be ideal in a house setting or even on the go with tether connection to your phone. We know it works for Splatoon 2. Pretty sure people have tested it with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. A mmorpg like this should be just fine with a similar connection.

I assume connections are still going to be based on IP. So simply downloading from the Japan eShop isn't going to work?

Top Bottom