- First internally developed DQ game at Square Enix
- Produced by Yosuke Saito (NIER) and directed by Jin Fujisawa (DQ8, DQ9)
- Online RPG for Wii and WiiU
- The Wii version will be released in 2012 in Japan, no date for WiiU version
- The WiiU version will have much better graphics, but the world will be the same
- The opening movie is by Square Visual Works
- The game takes place in a world with 5 continents, and 5 different races/tribes living in them
- Massive world and story that builds on the foundations of DQ9's ideas
- Visible equipment
- For those who play alone there will be NPCs who can be recruited into the party and driven by AI
- There are battle transitions, and the combat commands at menu based, but the player only controls his/her character
- The Wii game supports Wiimote+Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, as well as USB Keyboards
- The Wii game will use both the game disc as well as USB memory storage
- There could be a feature where characters can be transferred onto the 3DS and shared with other players using Streetpass
- The website lists "Price / usage fee: TBD" (Thanks Jonnyram)
- 1UP has a detailed write-up here.
- One player can create three characters. i.e. You have three character slots if you want to switch between different race/class builds.
- There's gameplay footage here.
- "When you start the game, the first few hours can be played offline. To play all of the game you will require an internet connection."
Jonnyram said:Subscription fee is definite now:
Q. Besides buying the software package, will there be any other fees to play?
A. Yes, playing online requires payment of a separate fee.
Dragon Quest 10 Liveblog archive: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/05/dq_press_conference/