Update 3. As I don't play Dragon Quest X and am not terribly familiar with the series' terminology, please forgive any odd translations.
- Tensei Monsters will be in the new update.
- These monsters will be found alongside regular monsters, the only difference being that they only rarely appear.
- Name and color of these monsters will slightly change to differentiate from regular monsters.
- Example screenshot that was shown showcased a shiny gold monster named Golden Cone (ゴールデンコーン appearing alongside an Al-mi'raj when players entered into battle with one.
- Tensei Monsters are slightly stronger than regular monsters.
- Less than 10 types of Tensei Monsters will show up in this particular update.
- Hard mode boss fights will be added.
- Previously defeated bosses during the story will appear simultaneously, and they will all be stronger than they originally were.
- Intended for high level players. Supposedly stronger than even the last boss.
- Will display how long it took to defeat a hard mode boss after battle with one.
- Lost Metal Slimes and Metal Brothers Slimes might show up in this update.
- Will apear alongside other monsters in high-level areas.
- Tombrero Hat and Pink Mommon Hat will be added as equipment.
- Bow skill called "Samidare Uchi" (Myriad Shot).
- This is the same skill that the "Arrow Imp" monster uses.
- Boomerang skill called "Burning Bird".
- This skill is an area attack that transforms your boomerang into a firebird that assaults enemies.
Update 2: Horii says Wii U version's release in Japan is tentatively set for spring 2013
- Has an ability that lets you choose not to fight enemies, instead seeing them off. (do enemies in DQX aggro?)
- Can charm enemies.
- Use "Steal" during the Ranger job quest.
- Use "Protection" during the Paladin job quest.
- 1000 blocks = 100,000 houses.
- The ability to re-spec will be added.
- Need to finish a level 40 requirement quest to re-spec.
- Will be provided an item to re-spec upon completion. Resets points from one skill.
- Have to buy additional re-spec items after using the first. Each will cost 10k gold.
- A quest will be added that'll expand inventory size from 25 to 50.
- Receive this quest from an NPC on Rakkaran Gourakushima (娯楽島ラッカラン at level 35+.
- Letters will no longer be common items, and will be stored in a separate area.
- A letter entry will be added to the Item command. Letters will be separated by three categories here: Sent letters, Written letters, and Received letters. 100 letters can be stored in each of these three. Can also re-write letters.
- Will not need to complete a quest for these new letter features.
- Might hold an in-game festival in Astoltia (アストルティア alongside the "Puu-chan" event scheduled in October.
- Large-scale update will be launched in the beginning of October.
- New classes are Paladin and Ranger.
- Level cap will be raised to 55. Requires you to complete a quest to raise the cap to 55.
- Player housing will be added.
Wii U info:
- Wii and Wii U players play on the same servers.
- No changes system or content-wise. More characters are displayed on Wii U version.
- Wii account can be transferred to Wii U.
- Can play on Wii and Wii U without an additional monthly payment. Requires one to buy the Wii or Wii U version though, of course.
- Investigating if Wii characters can partake in the Wii U beta test. Will likely have restrictions if so. Giving priority to new players on Wii U, not existing accounts.
- Development status of Wii U version: have progressed enough to show offline parts. Finishing up the online part on Wii U.
- Beta test is planned to begin around the new year.
- Character data can be transferred from the Wii U beta test to the full release.
- Tank, can heal-self and act as a shield for other party members.
- Weapons: Stick, Spear, Hammer (new weapon).
- Magic: Re-healmore and Buff.
- Uses weapon + shield.
- Uses a bow to attack from a distance, can also use simple recovery magic.
- Can also use a boomerang; attacks surrounding enemies all at once. Depending on the skill used, it can also be used to focus attacks on a single enemy.
Do a quest to unlock Paladin and Ranger. Any class can switch to Paladin or Ranger.
- Requires land and a house kit.
- Land starts from 500k gold, house kit is 10k gold.
- Land drops in price by 5000 gold four times per day (3:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 3 PM, 9 PM). Can be as cheap as 20k gold, which requires 24 days to pass.
- Once 80% of the land up for sale is sold, another 1000 blocks are added (starting at 500k gold), so both the rich and the poor can always purchase land.
- Given a hearth to return to your home once you purchase one.
- House kit can be used on any land (lot) that you purchased.
- Provided 50 additional slots to store items once you purchase a house.
- A cabinet can also be placed inside your home, increasing the number of storage slots even further.
- Large number of exterior furnishings available.
- Interior can also be furnished.
Wii U version demonstration:
Saw the Wii U version today, BTW - looked pretty nice. No major enhancements, just hi-res, clean, smooth. Menus and text and such is smaller now, shadows are more realistic, they're re-doing all the cutscenes and stuff in HD, etc. Can switch back and forth to the Wii U Game Pad at any point, too.
Wii U beta will start soon after launch (but not necessarily day 1) - but the nice thing is, progress WILL carry over to the final game this time, unlike the Wii beta.