• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X TGS Stage Event: new classes, level cap raised, housing, Wii U footage

muu

The video demonstrates the Wii U version, and it doesn't look that good at all. Did you happen to play DQ8? It had some of the best aesthetics on the PS2 hands down. What was being shown on the Wii U doesn't even really look like much of a step up from that graphically.

It's also pretty sad that it's an MMORPG now. Yay, now I need to rely on waiting around for other people to continue. People that may, or may not be up to speed and not drunk or whatever.

People have beaten the entire game solo. It's more of a challenge, but definitely in the doable range.
At this point the final boss is a cakewalk if you got a couple key skills.

Berordn

finally found this thread.

I was wondering if they could just update the whole thing in the future with new textures and areas anyway?

They probably could, if they actually phase out support for the Wii version down the line. Considering that FFXI still has PS2 support (in Japan anyway), that isn't likely to happen any time soon, but I guess that depends on how the userbase gets spread out after the Wii U version releases.

Hobby

Time for some more new DQX info. As I don't play Dragon Quest X and am not terribly familiar with the series' terminology, please forgive any odd translations.

QPFGa.jpg

Upcoming update:

- Tensei Monsters will be in the new update.
- These monsters will be found alongside regular monsters, the only difference being that they only rarely appear.
- Name and color of these monsters will slightly change to differentiate from regular monsters.
- Example screenshot that was shown showcased a shiny gold monster named Golden Cone (ゴールデンコーン) appearing alongside an Al-mi'raj when players entered into battle with one.
- Tensei Monsters are slightly stronger than regular monsters.
- Less than 10 types of Tensei Monsters will show up in this particular update.

- Hard mode boss fights will be added.
- Previously defeated bosses during the story will appear simultaneously, and they will all be stronger than they originally were.
- Intended for high level players. Supposedly stronger than even the last boss.
- Will display how long it took to defeat a hard mode boss after battle with one.

- Lost Metal Slimes and Metal Brothers Slimes might show up in this update.
- Will apear alongside other monsters in high-level areas.
- Tombrero Hat and Pink Mommon Hat will be added as equipment.

Ranger:
- Bow skill called "Samidare Uchi" (Myriad Shot).
- This is the same skill that the "Arrow Imp" monster uses.
- Boomerang skill called "Burning Bird".
- This skill is an area attack that transforms your boomerang into a firebird that assaults enemies.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/23021685.html

urfe

I'll be buying the Wii U for this. Glad I held off on buying the Wii version. Really hope it's out before the beginning of April!

kitzkozan

If it's localized in the west, I'm buying the Wii U version for sure. :) It seems like a solid mmo which is perfectly playable on console for a change (especially with the gamepad for some sweet lazy bed play) . I consider it a bonus if you can mostly experience the main storyline content solo although with a good challenge.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd promised myself I'd never subscribe to another MMO again.

But if the Wii U version makes it over here I probably will if only for the innovation of lazy bed mode.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's entirely playable on the GamePad?

Dear God, thousands of people not leaving the bathroom forever.

Aeana

I'd promised myself I'd never subscribe to another MMO again.

But if the Wii U version makes it over here I probably will if only for the innovation of lazy bed mode.

You could have done that with FF11, though.
Unless you're talking about the gamepad stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You could have done that with FF11, though.
Unless you're talking about the gamepad stuff.

Yeah I'm talking about gamepad. I did play XI with a gamepad a lot though in comfy couch mode. Lazy bed mode though is a whole nother layer of lazyiness though. Turn off the power wasting tv, turn off the lights, craft some stuff or do some mindless grinding before bed or if its a lazy sunday just stay in bed for a few extra hours.

Cmagus

Can't wait and I've already paid for my Wii-U so this better come here cause this game is what has sold me on the system.

watershed

Banned
Damn, this game being playable on the gamepad alone could lead to some serious time wasting. I'm the type who leaves a sports game or tv show on the tv while I play on a handheld.

I've always wondered this but who developed this game? it wasn't made by level 5, Arte Piazza, or Genius Sonority AFAIK so who did it?

Top Bottom