• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Countdown Carnival Special Stage live stream set for May 27

Gematsu link.

Square Enix will live stream a special stage event for Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time at the first of its “Countdown Carnival” hands-on events on May 27 at from 13:00 to 14:00 JST, the company announced. You’ll be able to watch it on YouTube and Niconico.

The live stream will feature host Joy, game designer and scenario writer Yuji Horii, and producer Yosuke Saito, who will share “plenty of information” on the upcoming RPG.

On the same day, from 16:00 to 17:00 JST, Square Enix will host a Dragon Quest X live stream featuring the latest information on the MMORPG’s summer-due PlayStation 4 version and fall-due Switch version. It will also be available on YouTube and Niconico.

If you’re in Japan and want to go hands-on with Dragon Quest XI yourself, these are the dates and locations for each hands-on event:

May 27 and 28 – Osaka: Abeno Q’s Mall B1F Circle Plaza
June 10 and 11 – Fukuoka: Solaria Plaza
June 17 and 18 – Nagoya: Mozo Wonder City East Court
July 8 and 9 – Sapporo: Sapporo Factory Atrium
July 16 and 17 – Tokyo: Futaka Tamagawa Rise Galleria

Each first day will run from 10:00 to 19:00 JST, and each second day from 10:00 to 18:00. Both the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions of Dragon Quest XI will be playable.
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time will launch for PlayStation 4 and 3DS on July 29 in Japan.

Lock if old.

zeromcd73

I'm gonna head to Abeno Q's mall tomorrow and try out the PS4 version. I'm hoping I won't have to wait in a line for hours, but I honestly won't be surprised if I have to :(

Kanann

PR said (not to me) Switch version gonna wait 3DS/PS4 version release first because of its glorious double dip potential.

But our father Horii never listen to anyone, so, pray.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cant wait to see some lengthy gameplay footage and impressions. Im already on board anyway....just waiting for the western announcement.

Arkeband

Banned
I almost don't want to see more so it's more fresh when I finally get to play it. A lot of games nowadays show their entire hand and then my playthrough is full of "I remember seeing this" instead of it all being new.

Passose

Banned
Switch version is Holiday 2017 at best.
if star is real, then this year line up of switch is all packed, DQXI switch version won't have enough space to breathe and it will affect other games potential at sales as well. Next year would be a better choice though

_Ryo_

Is the stream already done? Link?
Looks like no.

The fact it is being streamed on YT gives me hope of a resolution above 480p..

Abdiel

I'm really looking forward to this on ps4. I've been a fan of the series since the gbc port of Dragon warriors 3. Yeah, the old name, lol. I even had the guide for it.

SE is most likely going the MHXX route with marketing/release of the Switch version. Well, sort of, given that they already at least announced its existence, but I don't expect any details to be announced before TGS or thereabouts.

H13

if they show a bit of reveal trailer for switch, I would be happy tho, most people will think the switch will be the same as ps4 ver, but we still doesnt know which version the switch will get,

Kanann

First time we'll see actual Switch footage of it, correct? Didn't they state at the release date announcement a few months back that they weren't allowed to talk about the Switch version?

I think the Switch version eats into sales of both the 3DS and PS4 versions, I think those platforms both lose customers if Switch releases less than 3-6 months after those do.

No

Switch = DQX

Kanann

10 mins left.

dqf158.gif

Shouta

Wow, if I heard that right. Horii, Toriyama, and Sugiyama have only recently gathered, all 3 of them, and met in person. That's kinda wild.

Top Bottom