• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Countdown Carnival Special Stage live stream set for May 27

Having the protagonist move around while everyone else just stands still is pretty awkward too.

Doesn't seem like there's much reason to play on free movement mode to be honest

Laplasakos

Game looks soooooo good. Hopefully they will announce a localization at E3 or PSX.

"developing for 2 consoles at once"

I like how they basically just pretend the Switch version doesn't exist

Maybe they haven't started development yet? I mean they have 2 different teams for each version. Having 3 teams would be overkill.

Shouta

I love all the details like the cactus enemies trying to hide with the actual cacti. The MC wiping his brow as he runs through the desert is great too.

Aeana

I really wish they would have at least put some reverb on the music. Synth doesn't have to sound this brittle.

Def gonna play this in classic mode. The movement stuff in battle just looks awkward when everyone else is standing in a line like traditional DQ. No biggie.

Also what Aeana just said.

Laplasakos

Def gonna play this in classic mode. The movement stuff in battle just looks awkward when everyone else is standing in a line like traditional DQ. No biggie.

Also what Aeana just said.

Yep, classic mode all the way for me.

Also, did they said anything about the length of the game?

jb1234

Battle themes have never been Sugiyama's strength but this one is godawful. The terrible synth just makes it even worse.

Shouta

Graphics great, synth lazy. =(

I really liked how the Scorpion turned around and flashed the markings on its back for that attack.

I was kind of thinking the cheap synth was intentional since it's about harkening back to the old games.

Though... yeah even then it's still pretty bad. Just get good sounding synth

Wow the 3DS version literally sounds a little better than the PS4 version.

Ōkami

An orchestrated soundtrack and full voice acting will obviously be included once they remake this game in like 10 years.

Aeana

This is the first confirmation we have that the scripts in all 3 versions are exactly the same. Someone was asking about that earlier.

Thoraxes

Man, they really went nuts with the 3DS version. I was impressed before, but every time I see it I just love it more.

MoonFrog

Missed the PS4 footage it seems. Like the 2D mode's look. Wish they were in a place other than a wasteland though :p.

Man, they really went nuts with the 3DS version. I was impressed before, but every time I see it I just love it more.

I still can't believe they really just made three versions of the same game.

With the same script, even.

I'm double dipping the hell out of this game.

Damn it I want both of these versions. Why are they trying to make me play/buy the same game twice!? (Not that we'll necessarily get the 3DS version in the west)

zeromcd73

Just got back from the event. I wanted to watch the live show but there was so many people I couldn't even see or hear anything from where I was.

I'll post pictures of the event and some information from the Horii/Sugiyama/Toriyama interview in the new couple of minutes.

Laplasakos

Just got back from the event. I wanted to watch the live show but there was so many people I couldn't even see or hear anything from where I was.

I'll post pictures of the event and some information from the Horii/Suyiyama/Toriyama interview in the new couple of minutes.

Great, looking forward to it!

Aeana

Deep in my heart, I keep hoping that the final game will have better quality music, and what we have been hearing is just a result of Sugiyama/JASRAC being shitty about showing the game on streams.

Dare to dream. :(

Top Bottom