• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI in production

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Square Enix is currently “making the next” Dragon Quest, series creator Yuji Horii said at Niconico Super Conference 3 in Chiba.

He didn’t say whether it was Dragon Quest XI, but given that it’s a numbered series and the word “next” was used, we’re assuming that’s what he’s referring to.

However, when Horii made the comment, Dragon Quest X producer Yosuke Saito and chief planner Anzai Takashi looked as though they weren’t expecting him to say that, as if it might have been something he shouldn’t have said.

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/next-dragon-quest-game-production

Mozendo

I'm a happy slime.

Slime_%28Dragon_Quest%29.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
In production
for Japan only

Bishop89

Dont they usually put it on the system which is market leader, which is why ps2 and wii got them? SE would being stupid to put it on wii u. My guess is ps4 exclusive or 3ds. Dont think they would gamble a new main entry for mobile

Fraxin

Why on earth would they make it for PS4?

Its sales in Japan have been lackluster and the production costs would skyrocket. There's no viable reason to choose it over something like the 3DS at this point in time.

PSVita doesn't seem to be doing bad lately.

sörine

Banned
When was DQ a multiplatform release? I remember it being exclusive when it launches.
Not counting later remakes, Dragon Quests I, II and X were all essentially multiplatform between consoles and computers in their day.

PSVita doesn't seem to be doing bad lately.
Vita's doing pretty terrible in terms of SE support though. It can't even get KH, there's no way it's getting DQ.

KiraXD

DQ hasnt been relevant since VIII, at this point id bet on seeing Blue Dragon 2 on XB1 (or consoles) before a new DQ on Consoles (one that isnt handheld or mobile) (and yes i know theyre different developers and dont have anything to do with each other... im just saying...)

There is no way it won´t come to the 3DS, the remakes sold really well on it.

I could see a multiplat release ...maybe ?... but no way in hell will Enix pay for a HD game built from the ground up for PS4 .

You guys better tamper your expectations.

DQ hasnt been relevant since VIII, at this point id bet on seeing Blue Dragon 2 on XB1 (or consoles) before a new DQ on Consoles (one that isnt handheld or mobile) (and yes i know theyre different developers and dont have anything to do with each other... im just saying...)

So handheld games are irrelevant now ?

TaiKH92

Banned
Pls make another game like Dragon Quest VIII for a non-handheld (PS3 or PS4), DQVIII is one of my favorite games ever (if not my favorite).

AniHawk

well dragon quest ix was the best-selling one in the series so i don't know about that.

Fraxin

sörine;109665145 said:
Not counting later remakes, Dragon Quests I, II and X were all essentially multiplatform between consoles and computers in their day.

Vita's doing pretty terrible in terms of SE support though. It can't even get KH, there's no way it's getting DQ.

Not sure about I and II, however, X was exclusive for the Wii when it launched, then it was ported.

Top Bottom