• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI is coming to the west

kubus

roNd8w3.png

Dragon Quest 11 confirmed for western release

A Dutch PR company just confirmed to Gamer.nl that they are handling the PR for the western release of Dragon Quest 11, thus confirming that the game is coming to the west. Platform(s)/release date weren't mentioned.

(Full disclosure: I contribute to Gamer.nl, but thought this was newsworthy)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Need all 3 versions for the west.
Yeah this is not surprising.
The PS4 version exist purely based on the good sales of the console in the West.

Actually...the PS4 version exists because Horii wanted a big budget single player console DQ for the big screen. 3DS version was the afterthought

Philippo

Early 2018 please, 2017 is already stacked as it is.

Wonder if they'll get the Switch version up and running in time for the western release.

Heartfyre

Expected, really.

Though I still manage to disappoint myself by reading XI as X in the thread title. Unfortunately, that would be big, shocking news...

True Fire

Kinda hilarious how a PR company would openly leak a high profile announcement. But I'm really happy about this. I hope we get all 3 versions, because I'm probably going to buy all of them lol.

kunonabi

Im more interested in the platforms since the ps4 version is leaving me cold and id much rather get it for the 3ds.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Announcing the most obvious thing ever, good job.

I thought they might wait for the Switch version to be out before we got an announcement. I'm happy anyway, the game looks great. In for PS4, potentially Switch.

Tohsaka

Need a release date, hopefully they officially announce it before the Japanese release so I can decide whether to import or not.

Hugstable

Banned
I would be really surprised if Switch would get anything else than the PS4 version.

lol if they don't bring the 3DS version over, I'm totally cool with the Switch version being the 3DS version. I highly doubt it'd happen, but damn I really need those classic 2D graphics. Can get the PS4 version on PS4 anyway, though I'm pretty sure you're right in that the Switch version would just be a port of the PS4 version.

Anyway, why would they confirm such thing? I mean, this seems like something that a PR usually wouldn't do. Pretty weird thing to announce it like that.

ethomaz

Banned
The PS4 version exist purely based on the good sales of the console in the West
You know the 3DS version was decided late in the development? It was a PS4 only game for Japan and West at beginning.

So your claim is wrong.

Huzzah! I honestly don't know if I want it for 3DS or PS4. Probably 3DS because I'm cheap and those 2D throwback graphics are killer.

Huzzah! I honestly don't know if I want it for 3DS or PS4. Probably 3DS because I'm cheap and those 2D throwback graphics are killer.

Get both, start with the 2D version then move up. Its like getting a 3D remake and then a HD remake. You can replay the game every year!

alpha69

The PS4 version exist purely based on the good sales of the console in the West.

If Nintendo isn't helping, I wouldn't count on it.
More like the 3DS version existed solely for the huge install base of the 3DS in Japan. Horii wanted it initially on home consoles but SE wants more money so they made a 3DS version lol

Top Bottom