• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Release date announcement stream happening on April 11 [over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKHF

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201703/21129379.html

Square Enix are holding an event where they will announce the Japanese Dragon Quest XI release date on April 11 at 2PM Japan time (10PM PT, 1AM ET, 6AM GMT). It will be streamed.

t1491886800z0.png

YouTube stream link

Stream details:

MC of the stream will be JOY. Tsubasa Honda will be a guest. Yuji Horii and other DQXI developers will be there. They will provide the latest on DQXI (not just the release date).

maxresdefault_live.jpg

LewieP

Remember when they had a massive event to announce the launch date for FF15, then still delayed it anyway.

True Fire

Remember when they had a massive event to announce the launch date for FF15, then still delayed it anyway.

Final Fantasy 15 had no business releasing in 2016 though. Dragon Quest XI has been in development for a really long time, and we haven't seen half the game in trailers.

Andyliini

Maybe this time they will acknowledge the Switch version again. Been some time since that version was even mentioned.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I hope Horii will still release all the versions simultaneously as he suggested awhile ago

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/dragon-q...imultaneous-launch-ps4-3ds-versions-suggested

Junichi Masuda: I get the feeling that means there will be four versions across three platforms then, yeah?

Horii: That’s right. There are a lot of difficulties because of that. Each one has a different look to it, and there’s also a PlayStation 4 version, so if we make a small fix then we have to fix it across every version.

Sakurai: I see. Including things like the release date, it gets dreadful when development is inevitably drawn out and the debugging piles up… But you’re not going to shift the release date and release them apart from each other, right? Since Dragon Quest games are story-driven.

Horii: That’s right. Spoilers will emerge if we release one version earlier. (Laughs.) However, we’re a little concerned about the sense of distance in movement. It’s different for each of the supported hardware.

salromano

What will it take for Square Enix to acknowledge the Switch version exists?

Even the description for this event says: "With the two appealing platforms that are PlayStation 4 and 3DS, you can feel the history of Dragon Quest from the latest graphics to 2D pixel images."

I'll be genuinely surprised if the PS4 version is day and date with the 3DS version, as the latter seemed much further along.
Great news anyway, it can't be far now.

Edit: just saw the quote above, I guess I wildly underestimated the PS4 version.

Zalman

Even the description for this event says: "With the two appealing platforms that are PlayStation 4 and 3DS, you can feel the history of Dragon Quest from the latest graphics to 2D pixel images."
I get the impression the Switch version might come out later. I hope not though.

duckroll

Six month delay and a 1000yen tax. That's what it takes.

Mpl90

I don't entirely get it either. They've already acknowledge its existance several times, and they said a simultaneous release of all of them is "preferrable" because otherwise spoilers would ruin the experience for who buys the other version. My current guess is that they want to "surprise" by showing there is another version and that comes out at the same time as the others.

It kind of reminds me of how both PS4 and Switch versions on DQX haven't been exactly talked about that much if not when they announced the release periods. But at least in that case there's no surprise to how the game looks, given the base version. Here, it's still up in the air how it'll look (and again, I suppose this is the reason why they haven't showed it yet, to "surprise").

Oregano

Lol to saying you don't want audiences to be spoiled by one version releasing earlier and then releasing the Switch version later.

"We don't want it to be spoiled for anyone... Except the Switch guys, fuck them."

Mpl90

Lol to saying you don't want audiences to be spoiled by one version releasing earlier and then releasing the Switch version later.

"We don't want it to be spoiled for anyone... Except the Switch guys, fuck them."

Again, back when Horii made that statement, he talked about ALL the versions of the game: 3DS, PS4 and NX (yet to be known as Switch). Did I miss another statement on the matter or is it a jump to conclusions I'm witnessing.

duckroll

Again, back when Horii made that statement, he talked about ALL the versions of the game: 3DS, PS4 and NX (yet to be known as Switch). Did I miss another statement on the matter or is it a jump to conclusions I'm witnessing.

Well they are announcing the release date for 3DS and PS4 next month, and they don't mention the Switch at all. So...

Eliseo

Is this a rethorical question?(when it comes to oregano)

jonno394

Six month delay and a 1000yen tax. That's what it takes.

I predict this. Wonder how much of it is square thinking they will be able to sell the game to the same buyers twice? Get them to buy the 3ds Version in like October/November, have them finish it then months later release the switch version (ps4 port) and have those 3ds owners who have now bought a switch over the holidays double dip with Switch release?

LordKano

Look at who you're talking to.

Mpl90

Well they are announcing the release date for 3DS and PS4 next month, and they don't mention the Switch at all. So...

Again, it's entirely possible they want to leave it as a "surprise" to "shock" "everyone" (all the " " are intentional). So far, while the Switch version has been acknowledged several times, they've yet to show anything on it. Even in Jump, whenever there's a DQXI article, they just mention PS4/3DS, only PS4/3DS versions. The same on the website. Those are the versions currently pushed, they've yet to show the Switch's one.

Of course, it's possible that, in the end, they decided to release PS4/3DS versions earlier and Switch a bit later, but it would be a major contradiction with how Horii would like all versions to be released at the same time to avoid spoilers circulating and ruining the experience for others. That's quite a major statement pointing towards at a simultaneous release at least right now.

I'm praying Switch version isn't "uglier ps4 version"but is something unique or the 3DS version in HD :( .
I fully expect it to be a downgraded PS4 version, with the added benefit of portability. I'm not going to presume on the extent of the downgrade, though.

Kouriozan

Don't want to wait 3 years for this to be localized so I'm going to import it, even more that the 3DS version has low chances for localization.

hoserx

I fully expect it to be a downgraded PS4 version, with the added benefit of portability. I'm not going to presume on the extent of the downgrade, though.

Probably ~ 30 fps, 1080p with some frame drops. Lower quality effects. Will be fun to play in portable mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom