• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Release date announcement stream happening on April 11 [over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anything about that has been mentioned yet unfortunately, but since DQH2 is being localized there is still hope.

There is no doubt in my mind the PS4 version will get a western release. The 3DS version on the other hand I'd be very worried we'll never get. Not unlike what happened with Ni No Kuni on PS3 and DS where we only got the former.

duckroll

I hated trying to get on my Chocobo by hitting X only to be standing slightly off and having Noctis jump instead. And this happened all the fucking time! When trying to pick items from the floor or opening chest too!

That sounds like a problem with having X being confirm instead of cancel. Which is the rightful control scheme for all good people. Jump on X is natural. O should be accept. X should be cancel. No conflicts.

Strings

This is actually pretty elegant cutscene direction.

Do agree that the falling/jumping animations are stiff af though.

Famassu

Errr! I just found out X was released multiple times, but never here. What's wrong with Square Enix? I want to be able to play this eventually.
DQ games mostly sell like shit in the west. A monthly subscription MMO prooobably didn't seem like the likeliest recipe for success considering DQ's (lack of) popularity outside Japan and subscription based MMOs not being all that successful outside of WOW, EVE and FFXIV.

Shouta

comments on nico are full of dq10 player spaming dq10 jokes lol

I can't blame them. It's a good base to work with, lol.

I really like how deliberate and how smooth the animations are. It's sooooo much better than something like FF15.

Peterthumpa

Why does this game look so stiff and lifeless? It's not even as charming as Blue Dragon and that's like ten years old. :(

The thing that bothers me the most with japanese RPG games in general is the constant lack of attention to the little details that make all the difference. Like, that character turning some invisible book pages is just shitty.

Or although an amazing game overall, Persona 5's walking animation. Or for how, in the same game, every. single. thing. you perform there's a fade-in/fade-out transition to avoid any additional animation.

To a degree, BotW is an exception to this norm, and I hope that it becomes a trend.

Faustek

There is no doubt in my mind the PS4 version will get a western release. The 3DS version on the other hand I'd be very worried we'll never get. Not unlike what happened with Ni No Kuni on PS3 and DS where we only got the former.

Another reason why I want the Switch version to be the ds versions. Not buying another ds for this.

Also wasn't the NNK version because it kinda sold badly in Japan and tried for the console crowd overseas?

______

Cost saving animations. Ask EA

Also DQ is all about the details. All the small animations on pickups, all the monsters and your party.

silentbum

Neo Member
I feel like Ni no Kuni might be a better realization of what I wanted my console sequel to DQ8 to look and feel like. Something about this just feels really barebones.

ranmafan

I wish I could watch this stream now, but too busy at the moment to watch it live. Can't wait to see it later though. So excited about this game.

Faustek

Technically it looks good, the art direction is just blah. And it looks drab :/

giphy.gif

The game lacks a lot of polish, look at that stiff animation, everything feels lifeless, ugh

Risking getting piled on.... OPINION: DQ has been one gen behind the times since the SNES days. They're great games still in spite of this fact though.

This game looks and plays like straight out of the PS2 generation with prettier graphics and HD resolution but DQ fans wouldnt have it any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom