• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Release date announcement stream happening on April 11 [over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use the dpad to control the game, you get the 2D battles. Slide pad = 3D battles. That's how it's set up.

Tbh, I'm actually more excited for the 3DS version of the game than I am the PS4 one, though I'll end up playing both.

As crazy as it sounds...I think I like the look of the 3DS version more than the PS4 one. I'll gladly purchase both if given the option of course, but something about the 3DS version just looks more charming.
Not crazy. It looks nice and retains a lot of the DQ charm, while keeping the 3DS' limitations in mind.

The PS4 (and probably the Switch version) looks like a lifeless, early-gen open world PS3 game.

Shouta

The only thing that kind of excites me about the 3DS version at all is the 2D stuff on the bottom screen.

Audette

Oh it looks sooo good... I'm scared it will never get English relase. Weird they have that little debug loading code at the top left of the screen. Wonder if the loading times are properly reflecting a 3DS carts read times.

sfried

If you use the dpad to control the game, you get the 2D battles. Slide pad = 3D battles. That's how it's set up.

Tbh, I'm actually more excited for the 3DS version of the game than I am the PS4 one, though I'll end up playing both.

I don't know if its me, but there seems to be more charm with the 3DS version than the Unreal Engine version, perhaps because if it was the nostalgia factor you're after, then the 2D mode in the 3DS greatly adds to it. Seeing a custom 3D engine running in conjunction with a 2D one at the same time...must be painstaking trying to get everything to work in-sync with each other at all times.

Vena

The 3DS has a lot more life and charm to it, especially with the two modes. I'd call the 3DS version as very "neat".

There's too much lifeless doll/plastic toy look to the UE4 version.

random25

Switch version will be PS4 version when docked, 3DS version when undocked. :p

I wish the 3DS version gets localized. I love that classic DQ look and feel.

Kanann

C9HDARSVoAAipV9.jpg

TRUE DORAQE!

syncyes

Really worried about whether or not NA will get the 3DS version :( I've preferred it ever since the initial reveal and this stream is validating that for me again.

Rpgmonkey

2D mode looks really nice.

The 3D mode looks a little more fleshed out than DQVII 3DS was, but I'll probably stick with the 2D mode and go through again in the 3D mode at a later point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom